Moorea Island Beach – Inexpensive, beachfront, convenient, and tranquil.
This seems to cater for possible overspill from the more upmarket sister resort, Moorea Beach Lodge to the south, so it’s rarely occupied. All bungalows are twin-level with a bedroom on each floor, so there’s space for a family of four. All patios are a decent size, but few bungalows offer sea views. The main selling points are the decent beach, affordability, limited number of guests, location – within walking distance of Hauru village – and access to facilities at the sister resort.
Moorea Island Beach – The Basics
(Earlier known as Fare Vai Moana Hotel.)
- Location: Along the northwest coast of Moorea Island. About 500m south of the center of Hauru village and 30 km from the airport and from the ferry terminal for services to Tahiti.
- Guests: Most guests are older couples.
- Beach: A passable stretch of sand in front, and a good size considering the limited number of guests.
- Views: A few bungalows face the sea, but most overlook the back of the main building.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Enough free and secure spots around the lobby area, not far from the bungalows.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (689) 87 74 33 07
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: mooreaislandbeach.com
Moorea Island Beach – Amenities
- Pool: Not provided (nor really expected) at this standard of lodge. No pool either at the sister resort, Moorea Beach Lodge.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected (or provided) at this lodge.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Moorea Island Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The modest café facing the sea only serves breakfast to guests who have pre-booked it.
- Breakfast: Can be included in some rates, depending on the booking.
- Room Service: Not available because there is no restaurant. However, guests have free use of the fully-equipped common kitchen.
Moorea Island Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: Beach Bungalow • Ocean View Bungalow • Garden Bungalow
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms and public areas, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The bungalows are fairly similar inside, but the Beach Bungalows do offer lovely sea views.
Moorea Island Beach – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
A decent selection in Hauru village, with some providing free transfers.
- Le Coco D’isle – Hugely popular despite (or because of) the sandy floor. Tahitian, French, and Chinese food, as well as pizza. Evenings only, and takeaways available. 250m south.
The places below are within 600m north up the road:
Nearby Market or Grocery
There are a few convenience stores in the village, all within 600m north of the lodge.
There’s no public transport around Moorea Island, but 4 or 5 buses run daily between Hauru village and the ferry terminal (but not the airport) to tie in with arrivals/departures. Ask the reception for details. The village is close enough to walk. For further afield, organize a taxi (unmetered) or rent a car/motorbike.
Moorea Island Beach – The Hotel
All Tahiti Hotel Reviews
- Aimeo Lodge – Closed
- Fare D’hôtes Tutehau
- Hôtel Fenua Mata’i’oa
- Hotel Hibiscus
- Hotel Kaveka
- Hotel Les Tipaniers
- Hotel Sarah Nui
- Hotel Tahiti Nui
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Closed
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea
- Moorea Beach Lodge
- Moorea Fare Miti – Closed
- Pension de la Plage
- Royal Tahitien
- Sofitel Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort
- Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise
- Taoahere Beach House
- Te Ora Hau Ecolodge