Updated: August 11, 2018
Hôtel Les Tipaniers – Long-term favourite with tropical feel and gorgeous beach, but no pool.
These particularly spacious bungalows are scattered among immaculate lawns and surrounded by angled palms. Bungalows are in rows, with only a handful boasting direct sea views, but glimpses of the water may be possible from the second row. Some feature a traditional design, but the woods don’t always match, while others resemble a demountable school canteen. No bungalows have air-conditioning (ceiling fans only), but a few are equipped with a kitchen. Surprisingly no pool, but the beach is far larger and more photogenic than at many pricier resorts across Tahiti: snow-white sand, sapphire water and views of 3 islets. 2 other attractions are the abundant water sports, and convenience to the village.
Hôtel Les Tipaniers – The Basics
- Location: In the area of Tiahura, along the tip of the northwest coast of Moorea Island. About 1km from the shops and cafés at Le Petit Village in Hauru; 26km from the airport; and 30km from the ferry terminal (equidistant in either direction).
- Guests: Particularly popular with older couples, who return year after year, but also well setup for families.
- Beach: The beach is idyllic: broad, sandy and shady, with calm water and views of islets.
- Views: A few bungalows face the sea with unobstructed views, but most overlook the gardens.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Enough places at the main entrance.
- Phone: (689) 40 56 12 67
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.lestipaniers.com/en/
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Hôtel Les Tipaniers – Amenities
- Pool: Surprisingly there is no pool. Smaller and cheaper resorts often have 1, so perhaps this should too.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Probably not expected (nor provided).
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No pool or Jacuzzi onsite.
- Activities: The water sports centre on the beach provides paddleboards and paddleboats, as well as free rental of kayaks and bicycles.
Hôtel Les Tipaniers – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: With tables that seem to hover above the sand, the setting of the Beach Restaurant & Bar is exquisite. It specialises in seafood, including regional specialities and sashimi, and also offers salads, pizza, homemade pasta, ice cream and live music at sunset most weekends. Hotel guests can book rooms with half/full board including meals.
- Breakfast: Not included, but guests have the option of rates with half/full board including breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
- Room Service: Limited service available.
Hôtel Les Tipaniers – Rooms
- Room Types: Garden Rooms • Standard Bungalows • Vanilla Api Bungalows • Local Bungalows with Kitchen (and beach or garden views)
- Smoking Rooms: Strictly no smoking in the rooms or public areas, but tolerated elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Local Bungalows feature a kitchen, plenty of space and an adorable traditional design. Those facing the sea boast perfect, unobstructed views.
- For families: Standard Bungalows easily fit 4. With 2 bedrooms, the Vanilla Api Bungalows can accommodate a family of up to 6, and feature a kitchen.
Hôtel Les Tipaniers – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
The hotel is a little isolated, so the choice within walking distance is limited. Some places in Hauru village (1-2km away) offer free transfers.
- Restaurant Tiahura (40 56 58 44) – claims to be the ‘best seafood restaurant in Moorea’. Try regional specialities, such as parrotfish or octopus. About 600m towards the village. 7-minute walk.
- Taoahere Beach House – quaint with seaside setting in suburban area, 1km to the east. (Look for signs from the main road.) Seafood, grills, salads, burgers and lots of desserts. 14-minute walk.
- QG Brasserie (87 36 19 34) – in Le Petit Village 1km down the road. Open-air, friendly and affordable for pizza, grills and paninis. Expat hangout and convivial bar. 2-minute drive.
- Le Motu (40 56 16 70) – laidback and eclectic menu: pizzas, tacos, crêpes, sandwiches, burgers and Chinese food. More affordable than rivals, with daily specials. Just before Le Petit Village.
- Le Sunset – large, open-air colourful setting facing the sea. A chef from France, but also local specialties and Italian cuisine. At Hôtel Hibiscus, in the village about 1.5km away. 3-minute drive.
- Market or Grocery: Nearest place to stock up on supplies is at Le Petit Village, about 1km away.
There’s no public transport around Moorea Island, but 4 or 5 buses run daily between Hauru village and the ferry terminal (but not the airport) to tie in with arrivals/departures. Ask the reception for details. The village is close enough to walk. Further afield, hitch a ride, organise an unmetered taxi, or rent a car/motorbike.
Hôtel Les Tipaniers – What’s Nearby?
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Family Hotels in Tahiti
- Aimeo Lodge – Review
- Les Tipaniers Fare Vai Moana – Review
- Fenua Mata’i’oa Hôtel – Review
- Hôtel Hibiscus – Review
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa – Review
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Review
- Hotel Kaveka – Review
- Le Méridien Tahiti – Review
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Review
- Moorea Beach Lodge – Review
- Moorea Fare Miti – Review
- Pension de la Plage – Review
- Royal Tahitien Hôtel – Review
- Hôtel Sarah Nui – Review
- Hôtel Tahiti Nui – Review
- Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – Review
- Taoahere Beach House – Review
- Te Ora Hau Ecolodge – Review
- Maison D’Hôtes Tutehau – Review