Hotel Les Tipaniers – Long-term favorite with a tropical feel and gorgeous beach.
These particularly spacious bungalows are scattered among immaculate lawns and surrounded by angled palms. Bungalows are in rows, with only a handful offering direct sea views, though glimpses of the water may be possible from the second row. Some feature a traditional design, but the wood used doesn’t always match, while others resemble a demountable school canteen. No bungalows have air-conditioning (ceiling fans only), but a few are equipped with kitchens. Surprisingly no pool, but the beach is far larger and more photogenic than at many pricier resorts across Tahiti, featuring snow-white sand, sapphire water, and views of three islets. Two other attractions are the abundant water sports and convenience to the village.
Hotel Les Tipaniers – The Basics
- Location: In the area of Tiahura, along the tip of the northwest coast of Moorea Island. About 1 km from the shops and cafés at Le Petit Village in Hauru, 25 km from the airport, and 30 km from the ferry terminal (equidistant in either direction).
- Guests: Particularly popular with older couples who return year after year, but also well setup for families.
- Beach: The beach is idyllic: broad, sandy, and shady, with calm water and views of islets.
- Views: A few bungalows face the sea with unobstructed views, but most overlook the gardens.
- Wi-Fi: Free throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Enough places at the main entrance.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (689) 40 56 12 67
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lestipaniers.com
Hotel Les Tipaniers – Amenities
- Pool: Surprisingly, there is no pool.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Probably not expected (nor provided).
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: No pool or jacuzzi.
- Activities: The water sports center on the beach provides paddleboards and paddleboats as well as free rental of kayaks and bicycles.
Hotel Les Tipaniers – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: With tables that seem to hover above the sand, the setting of the Beach Restaurant & Bar is exquisite. It specializes in seafood, including regional specialties and sashimi, and also offers salads, pizza, homemade pasta, ice cream, and live music at sunset most weekends. Hotel guests can book rooms with half/full board including meals.
- Breakfast: Not included, but guests have the option of rates with half/full board including breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner.
- Room Service: Limited service available.
Hotel Les Tipaniers – Rooms
- Room Types: Garden Room • Standard Bungalow • Vanilla Api Bungalow • Local Bungalow with Kitchen (and beach or garden views)
- Smoking Rooms: Strictly no smoking in the rooms or public areas, but tolerated elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Local Bungalows feature kitchens, plenty of space, and an adorable traditional design. Those facing the sea offer perfect, unobstructed views.
- For families: Standard Bungalows easily fit 4. With 2 bedrooms, the Vanilla Api Bungalows can accommodate families of up to 6 and feature kitchens.
Hotel Les Tipaniers – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The hotel is a little isolated, so the choice within walking distance is limited. Some places in Hauru village (1-2 km away) offer free transfers.
- Restaurant Tiahura – Claims to be the ‘best seafood restaurant in Moorea’. Try regional specialties such as parrotfish or octopus. About 600m towards the village.
- Taoahere Beach House – Quaint with seaside setting in suburban area, 1 km to the east. (Look for signs from the main road.) Seafood, grills, salads, burgers, and lots of desserts.
- Sea You Soon Moorea – Le QG – In Le Petit Village 1 km down the road. Open-air, friendly, and affordable for pizza, grills, and paninis. Expat hangout and convivial bar.
- Le Motu – Laidback and eclectic menu: pizzas, tacos, crêpes, sandwiches, burgers, and Chinese food. More affordable than rivals, with daily specials. Just before Le Petit Village.
- Le Sunset – Large, open-air, and colorful setting facing the sea. A French chef who also prepares local specialties and Italian cuisine. At Hotel Hibiscus in the village about 1.5 km away.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Nearest place to stock up on supplies is at Le Petit Village, about 1 km away.
There’s no public transport around Moorea Island, but 4 or 5 buses run daily between Hauru village and the ferry terminal (but not the airport) to tie in with arrivals/departures. Ask the reception for details. The village is close enough to walk. Further afield, hitch a ride, organize an unmetered taxi, or rent a car/motorbike.
Hotel Les Tipaniers – What’s Nearby?
All Tahiti Hotel Reviews
- Aimeo Lodge – Closed
- Fare D’hôtes Tutehau
- Hôtel Fenua Mata’i’oa
- Hotel Hibiscus
- Hotel Kaveka
- Hotel Sarah Nui
- Hotel Tahiti Nui
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Closed
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea
- Moorea Beach Lodge
- Moorea Fare Miti – Closed
- Pension de la Plage
- Royal Tahitien
- Sofitel Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort
- Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise
- Taoahere Beach House
- Te Ora Hau Ecolodge