Updated: August 11, 2018
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Vast resort with serene beaches, dazzling pool and elegant bungalows.
Most bungalows are accessible along piers radiating in all directions and perched above the shallow blue-green waters. The exteriors are often weather-beaten, with a lick of paint or polish needed, but they’re all sumptuous and spacious inside. More windows would be pleasing, but it’s impossible to fault the views – whether 180-degree panoramas from patios with steps to the lagoon or through the partial glass floor. (Less appealing are the rooms in the 2-level block to the back.) This eco-friendly resort also offers a stunning Infinity-edge pool with photogenic reflections and exquisite beaches (yes, plural) glistening with pure-white sand. And it’s only 500m from the centre of Maharepa village, with enough facilities to satisfy most.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – The Basics
- Location: Along the top of the northeast coast of Moorea Island. Only 500m from a cluster of shops and cafés in the centre of Maharepa village; 6km from the airport; and 9.5km from the ferry terminal for services to Tahiti.
- Guests: Caters for all, but seems focused on packaged tours, especially for families.
- Beach: Several quintessential tropical beaches with snow-white sand, perfect for sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and walking.
- Views: Many bungalows face the sea, while those above the water offer broad ocean views. Duplexes and rooms provide ‘garden views’, which are still pleasant.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Some places at the hotel entrance, but arrange parking when booking.
- Phone: (689) 40 43 17 88
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.manavamoorearesort.com/en/
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Amenities
- Pool: Gorgeous pool. Huge, with Infinity edges and facing the sea.
- Spa: The Manea Spa is the perfect place to be pampered. Try a Polynesian massage, or enjoy a steam bath or the heated pool for ‘aquatic therapies’.
- Fitness Center: Surprisingly, there is no gym.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Activities: The dive centre onsite also offers jet-skiing, as well as rental (for a small fee) of paddleboards, kayaks and snorkelling gear.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Restaurant Mahana’i (40 55 17 50) – for grills, seafood, vegetarian meals, themed buffets, tasty desserts and children’s menu, all with French and Polynesian influences. Tables under the thatched roof or on the sand. Breakfast and dinner only. Bar attached • Autera’a Bar & Restaurant – casual poolside dining all day and evening. For pizzas, burgers, seafood and children’s meals. Cocktails, and live music some nights • Matiehani Lounge Bar – intimate and secluded, for signature cocktails and imported wines. Only open Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but depends on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Rooms
- Room Types: Garden View Rooms • Garden View Duplexes • Beach Bungalows • Overwater Bungalows • Premium Overwater Bungalows • Garden Pool Bungalows
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms, but plenty of space around the grounds for a puff.
- Best Room: It’s impossible to ignore the Premium Overwater Bungalows. They provide sweeping views across the ocean from the substantial sundeck and separate lounge area, as well as peeks at the marine life below through the partial glass floor.
- For families: All bungalows and rooms can fit in 1 extra single bed, while the Garden Pool Bungalows and twin-level Garden View Duplexes can comfortably accommodate a family of 4.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Manuia Grill (87 74 31 30) – casual indoor and garden setting with mountain backdrop. Evenings only for grills, kebabs and seafood. On the main road directly opposite the lane to the resort. 2-minute walk.
There are several takeaway shops and bakeries in Maharepa less than 500m away, as well as:
- Caraméline (40 56 15 88) – friendly, casual and affordable for salads, wraps, ice cream and pastries. 5-minute walk.
- Moorea Beach Café – gorgeous waterside setting for wood-fired pizzas, salads, grills and burgers. Also, sunsets, daily specials and a bakery next door. Free transfers (40 56 29 99). 10-minute walk.
- Market or Grocery: About 700m to the well-stocked supermarket in Maharepa village.
There is no public transport around Moorea Island. 4 or 5 buses run daily between Maharepa and the ferry terminal (but not the airport) to tie in with arrivals/departures. Ask at reception for details. It’s easy to walk to the village. For further afield, organise an unmetered taxi, or rent a car or motorbike.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – The Hotel
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Family Hotels in Tahiti
- Aimeo Lodge – Review
- Les Tipaniers Fare Vai Moana – Review
- Fenua Mata’i’oa Hôtel – Review
- Hôtel Hibiscus – Review
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa – Review
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Review
- Hotel Kaveka – Review
- Le Méridien Tahiti – Review
- Hôtel Les Tipaniers – Review
- Moorea Beach Lodge – Review
- Moorea Fare Miti – Review
- Pension de la Plage – Review
- Royal Tahitien Hôtel – Review
- Hôtel Sarah Nui – Review
- Hôtel Tahiti Nui – Review
- Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – Review
- Taoahere Beach House – Review
- Te Ora Hau Ecolodge – Review
- Maison D’Hôtes Tutehau – Review