SD › Tahiti › Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea Review
Updated: January 19, 2021
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Huge resort with serene beaches, a dazzling pool, and elegant bungalows.
Most bungalows are accessible along piers radiating in all directions and perched above the shallow blue-green waters. The exteriors are often weather-beaten, with a lick of paint or polish needed, but they’re all sumptuous and spacious inside. More windows would be pleasing, but it’s impossible to fault the views – whether 180-degree panoramas from patios with steps to the lagoon or through the partial glass floor. This eco-friendly resort also offers a stunning infinity pool with photogenic reflections and exquisite beaches (yes, plural) glistening with pure white sand. And it’s only a few minutes from the center of Maharepa village, with enough facilities to satisfy most.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – The Basics
- Location: Along the top of the northeast coast of Moorea Island. Only 500m from a cluster of shops and cafés in the center of Maharepa village, 6 km from the airport, and 10 km from the ferry terminal for services to Tahiti.
- Guests: Caters to all but seems focused on packaged tours, especially for families.
- Beach: Several quintessential tropical beaches with snow-white sand, perfect for sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling, and walking.
- Views: Many bungalows face the sea, while those above the water offer broad ocean views. Duplexes and rooms provide pleasant garden views.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Some places at the hotel entrance, but arrange parking when booking.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (689) 40 43 17 88
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: manavamoorearesort.com
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Amenities
- Pool: Gorgeous infinity pool. Huge and facing the sea.
- Spa: The Manea Spa is the perfect place to be pampered. Try a Polynesian massage or enjoy a steam bath or the heated pool for ‘aquatic therapies’.
- Fitness Center: Surprisingly, there is no gym.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Activities: The dive center onsite also offers jet-skiing as well as rental (for a small fee) of paddleboards, kayaks, and snorkeling gear.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Restaurant Mahana’i – Grills, seafood, vegetarian meals, themed buffets, tasty desserts, and a children’s menu, all with French and Polynesian influences. Tables under the thatched roof or on the sand. Breakfast and dinner only. Bar attached • Autera’a Bar & Restaurant – Casual poolside dining all day and evening. For pizzas, burgers, seafood, and children’s meals. Cocktails and live music some nights • Matiehani Lounge Bar – Intimate and secluded, for signature cocktails and imported wines. Only open Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but depends on the type of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Rooms
- Room Types: Garden View Room • Garden View Duplexe • Beach Bungalow • Overwater Bungalow • Premium Overwater Bungalow • Garden Pool Bungalow
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms, but plenty of space around the grounds for a puff.
- Best Room: It’s impossible to ignore the Premium Overwater Bungalows. They provide sweeping views across the ocean from the substantial sundecks and separate living areas, as well as peeks at the marine life below through the partial glass floors.
- For families: All bungalows and rooms can fit in an extra single bed each, while the Garden Pool Bungalows and twin-level Garden View Duplexes can comfortably accommodate families of 4.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Manuia Grill – Casual indoor and garden setting with mountain backdrop. Evenings only for grills, kebabs, and seafood. On the main road directly opposite the lane to the resort.
There are several takeaway shops and bakeries in Maharepa less than 500m away, as well as:
- Caraméline – Friendly, casual, and affordable for salads, wraps, ice cream, and pastries.
- Moorea Beach Café – Gorgeous waterside setting for wood-fired pizzas, salads, grills, and burgers. Also, sunsets, daily specials, and a bakery next door. Free transfers.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- About 700m to the well-stocked supermarket in Maharepa village.
There is no public transport around Moorea Island. 4 or 5 buses run daily between Maharepa and the ferry terminal (but not the airport) to tie in with arrivals/departures. Ask at reception for details. It’s easy to walk to the village. For further afield, organize an unmetered taxi or rent a car or motorbike.
Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – The Hotel
All Tahiti Hotel Reviews
- Aimeo Lodge – Closed
- Fare D’hôtes Tutehau
- Hôtel Fenua Mata’i’oa
- Hotel Hibiscus
- Hotel Kaveka
- Hotel Les Tipaniers
- Hotel Sarah Nui
- Hotel Tahiti Nui
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Closed
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa
- Moorea Beach Lodge
- Moorea Fare Miti – Closed
- Moorea Island Beach Hotel
- Pension de la Plage
- Royal Tahitien
- Sofitel Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort
- Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise
- Taoahere Beach House
- Te Ora Hau Ecolodge
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Tahiti for Families
- Where to Stay in Tahiti
- Best Time to Visit Tahiti
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter