Hotel Sarah Nui – Spacious, inexpensive, and convenient, but in an unexciting area.
A more stylish hotel than the outside suggests, the rooms are not only large and nice – modern, with kitchenettes and breakfast counters – but also elegant (e.g. with leather sofas and chic lamps). The downside is the location in a light-industrial port area which is considerably less noisy at night. But the hotel is reasonably convenient: few minutes’ walk to the ferry terminal for Moorea Island, and another five on foot to downtown. Half the rooms feature balconies with views of the canal and Heineken factory, while the remainder have no balcony or worthwhile views, but are quieter.
Hôtel Sarah Nui – The Basics
- Location: In Fare ‘Ute, a northern suburb of Pape’ete, the Tahitian capital. About 400m from the ferry terminal for services to Moorea, 1 km from the market in downtown, and 8 km from the airport.
- Guests: Caters to everyone, but perhaps more focused on business people.
- Beach: No beach in downtown Pape’ete. The nearest is at Pīra’e, another suburb nearly 3 km away. Ask reception about local buses or organize a taxi (unmetered).
- Views: Faces busy streets, with 1 set of windows offering distant mountain views above the Heineken factory.
- Wi-Fi: Free and unlimited for all guests throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Enough free and secure off-street parking outside the main entrance.
- Nice Perks: Shuttle bus pick up from the airport.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (689) 40 50 35 30
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: n/a
Hôtel Sarah Nui – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of low-key city hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Hôtel Sarah Nui – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: A simple café on the ground floor serves breakfast (if included in the rates), but nothing much else.
- Breakfast: Not included. An à la carte or buffet breakfast is available at the hotel café for a reasonable cost.
- Room Service: Not available.
Hôtel Sarah Nui – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard and Superior Rooms.
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms but permitted on the balconies.
- Best Room: Rooms are fairly similar, although the décor and layout does differ a little. The best rooms will be on the top floor, for the finest possible views and distance from the road.
Hôtel Sarah Nui – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
From about 5 pm every day, a few roulottes (food carts) are set up in nearby streets. The café at the ferry terminal is handy and provides a fascinating look at arrivals/departures, but is overpriced.
- The Tahiti Nui Hotel, 600m south along Rue des Remparts, is home to Le Velvet Restaurant for fine-dining, silver service, and French cuisine, and the Chocco Latte Lounge Bar for imported beers and unique cocktails.
Within a 15-minute walk along the esplanade are:
- Les 3 Brasseurs – Microbrewery, street-side seating, and pub-style meals. Very popular for sports on TV, tapas, burgers, and pizzas. Other side of roundabout from the Bora Bora.
- Bora Bora Lounge – At the start of a delightful alley of Parisienne-style bistros and bars. Happy hours, daily specials, and pleasingly affordable considering the perfect setting.
- Le Rétro – Easy-to-find bistro midway along the esplanade. Very French and très popular for coffee, shakes, and light meals. Also great for people-watching and live music late into the night.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Handy minimart just across the road from the hotel entrance.
Not on any useful bus route, and very little public transport around Pape’ete anyway. Taxis can be arranged at the hotel, but they’re unmetered, so rates are extortionate.
Hotel Sarah Nui – The Hotel
All Tahiti Hotel Reviews
- Aimeo Lodge – Closed
- Fare D’hôtes Tutehau
- Hôtel Fenua Mata’i’oa
- Hotel Hibiscus
- Hotel Kaveka
- Hotel Les Tipaniers
- Hotel Tahiti Nui
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Closed
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea
- Moorea Beach Lodge
- Moorea Fare Miti – Closed
- Pension de la Plage
- Royal Tahitien
- Sofitel Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort
- Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise
- Taoahere Beach House
- Te Ora Hau Ecolodge