Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – Petit and family-run: ideal for surfers and those with private transport.
Along the south coast of Tahiti Nui is a trio of gorgeous bungalows around a home that faces a surf beach with black sand and backed by dramatic mountains. Each bungalow features a kitchen packed with extras (e.g. spices and coffee), colorful decor with a genuine Polynesian flavor, sofa that converts into an extra single bed, and a patio offering a barbecue and views of the sea and sunsets. Other bonuses include the affable hosts, free laundry, pre-loaded movies on the TV, lovely swimming pool, and free Wi-Fi. But access is an issue – it’s really only suitable for those with their own wheels.
Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – The Basics
- Location: At Papara village, along the southern coast of Tahiti Nui. About 35 km from the airport, 40 km from the center of Pape’ete, and a little further from the ferry terminal for services to Moorea.
- Guests: Caters well to anyone, but surfers would find this hotel ideal. Getting there without private transport, however, is problematic.
- Beach: Faces a public beach with grey/black sand, often unkempt. With plenty of waves, it’s more suitable for surfing than swimming, but decent enough for walking, and the views are fantastic. Smaller waves just offshore for boogie-boards and expert-only dumpers 200m further out.
- Views: 2 bungalows are meters from the sea, with a patch of grass in between, while the ocean views of the third are partially blocked.
- Wi-Fi: Free and unlimited throughout the rooms and grounds.
- Parking: Enough spots behind the secure gates.
- Nice Perks: Free do-it-yourself laundry.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (689) 87 79 92 26
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: tahitisurfbeachparadise.com
Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – Amenities
- Pool: Lovely sparkling pool facing the sea. (Conveniently, the co-host runs a pool company.)
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in a tiny cluster of bungalows like this.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Not expected or provided.
- Breakfast: Each bungalow has a fully-equipped kitchen, so there is no restaurant or bar.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided.
Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – Rooms
- Room Types: 3 bungalows, each equipped with a kitchen, and called Temoe, Matahina, and Amura.
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms, but permitted on the patios.
- Best Room: The best is the bungalow facing the sea and a little more distant from the house, pool, and the other 2 bungalows.
Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The major disadvantage is the isolation, so there’s a lack of places to eat and drink within walking distance – but usually, most guests have their own transport. These places are along the main road, about 300m up the access street from the hotel. Distances are from the junction.
- Beach Burger – About 100m east along the main road. Better than it sounds, with a pleasant setting. Also, pizzas, seafood, and steaks.
- Restaurant Taharuu – Casual and inexpensive Chinese. Takeaways available. About 1.5 km west.
- Restaurant Hoanui – Quaint, seaside, and affable staff. Ideal for trying local food such as raw fish in coconut milk. About 4 km east.
- Vahine Vata Beach – Lovely beachside location for pizza, seafood, and grills. Intimate tables and live music on weekends. About 2.5 km west.
- Restaurant Vetea – Family-friendly, affordable, and popular. About 3.5 km west.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- A well-stocked supermarket is at the junction with the main road, about 300m away. Open daily from 6 am to 8 pm.
Buses run along the main road every hour or 2 on their way to Pape’ete or Faa’a, an outer suburb near the airport – more buses in the morning, far fewer in the afternoon, and none on Sunday. Otherwise, ask the owners nicely about possible lifts.
Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – The Hotel
All Tahiti Hotel Reviews
- Aimeo Lodge – Closed
- Fare D’hôtes Tutehau
- Hôtel Fenua Mata’i’oa
- Hotel Hibiscus
- Hotel Kaveka
- Hotel Les Tipaniers
- Hotel Sarah Nui
- Hotel Tahiti Nui
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Closed
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea
- Moorea Beach Lodge
- Moorea Fare Miti – Closed
- Moorea Island Beach Hotel
- Pension de la Plage
- Royal Tahitien
- Sofitel Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort
- Taoahere Beach House
- Te Ora Hau Ecolodge