• Location: Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, south of Bali National Golf Club.
• Hotel website: thebale.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 775 111
• Check prices for The Balé
Balé – Adults-only secluded villas with pools, but remote and not beachside.
The ultra-chic layout of the lobby continues into the villas (called ‘pavilions’), which feature modern décor, outdoor showers, and fairly large private pools. Designed for couples seeking privacy, The Balé offers ‘wellness packages’, twenty-four-hour butler service, and ‘no children’ policy. It doesn’t sit directly on the beach, but guests have access to the private Balé Beach Club nearby. Additionally, free shuttle services to facilities in Nusa Dua make it feel less isolated.
Balé – The Location
- Area: Isolated region with little more than a couple of resorts in the immediate area. It’s often quicker – and certainly nicer – to reach facilities in Nusa Dua along the beachside path rather than the main road.
- Address: Along Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, the main road between Nusa Dua (a gated complex of 4 and 5-star resorts) and Bukit Peninsula to the south. About 1 km southwest of the Southern Gate at Nusa Dua, one of the most popular tourist regions in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 20 minutes (13 km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Golf course.
Balé – The Basics
- Guests: The resort has a ‘no children’ policy and caters overwhelmingly to couples of all ages. Many are honeymooners.
- Beach: Faces the road, about 400m from the sea. To reach the beach, use the lane along the northern edge of The Mulia Resort. The flawless beach in front of The Mulia is open to the public. Guests can also use The Balé’s private beach club, a short walk away (ask directions) or accessible via the free hotel transfer service.
- Views: All villas are secluded behind walls, but some do overlook the golf course.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All accommodations feature substantial private pools.
- Extras: Transfers within Nusa Dua, including the private beach club and Bali Collection mall.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 775 111
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: thebale.com
Balé – Amenities
- Pool: The split-level pool is very stylish and quite substantial, considering all villas have private pools. Features lounge chairs which seem to ‘float’ in the shallow end and inviting cabanas alongside.
- Spa: The renowned spa uses organic products in their signature treatments and has a jacuzzi and sauna.
- Fitness Center: Plenty of equipment to keep the healthy happy. Open 24 hours.
- Activities: Cooking classes.
- Other Facilities: Gift shop. Library.
Balé – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Faces Restaurant – Alongside the main pool for buffet breakfast and intimate dining all day. Ideal for trying Balinese specialties such as bebek betutu (steamed duck). • TAPA Bistro – Chic setting alongside the busy road. Huge range of tapas and other meals. Dynamic vibe, cocktails, and occasional live music. • Liquid – Smallish bar alongside the main pool.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates. Buffet and a la carte options are served in Faces restaurant.
- Room Service: Butler service available 24 hours a day.
Balé – Rooms
- Room Types: Single Pavilion • Double Pavilion • Deluxe Single Pavilion • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Fairly strict policy about smoking, so check with reception before lighting up.
- Best Room: Unless 2 bedrooms are required, the Deluxe Single Pavilions are the finest choice. They are larger and offer superior views over the private gardens and golf course, extended private pools, and free extras (e.g. massages and cocktails).
Balé – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: The isolation ensures that guests must do some walking to reach local facilities. Cycling around Nusa Dua is pleasant but less so around The Balé because of hilly roads. Ask the reception about bike rentals.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport or shuttle buses around Bali, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Nusa Dua with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali; however, motorbikes are a fun and easy way to get around Nusa Dua and neighboring Tanjung Benoa, but not elsewhere in southern Bali. All transport options can be arranged at the resort.
- Local Shuttle Buses: Free shuttle buses link major hotels in Nusa Dua with the Bali Collection mall (see below). The closest the bus comes is outside the St. Regis resort, 300m north up the road. This is a great way to reach other resorts, beaches, and facilities in Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa.
The Balé – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
There are fewer dining options nearby than at other resorts elsewhere in Nusa Dua. At the end of the lane to the beach running north alongside The Mulia is a trio of casual eateries with umbrellas offering 5-star sea views at 1-star prices.
- The Mulia – The sole nearby resort offers several classy options facing the beach, or less invitingly, within the main building. Enter from across the road.
- Bubu Seafood and Chinese Restaurant – Live seafood from tanks and likable old-style seating. 400m north along the road.
- Kampung Bule – Adorable café in a 100-year-old joglo house full of traditional furniture and old photos and crafts. Certainly worth an 800m walk north up the road.
- Bali Collection – Among oodles of cafés and bars are Frangipani Bali Restaurant (endearing setting for grills, lobster, and a kids’ menu) and Prada Priority Restaurant (popular and shady, at the main gate). Hotel offers a free shuttle to the mall.
- A minimart is about 400m up the road, near the Bubu restaurant. Otherwise, take a hotel shuttle to Bali Collection, a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua, with department stores, cavernous souvenir shops, and abundant cafés/bars.
- Bali National Golf Club – Offers 18 challenging holes stretching on either side of the road. The clubhouse is further 600m north.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter