The LaLiT – Very popular for its convenience and 5-star facilities at 3-star rates.
The iconic LaLiT is the most luxurious hotel in and around Connaught Place in the city center. The amenities (including a temperature-controlled pool) are top-notch, and the rooms are considerably more affordable than nearby rivals. Therefore, it’s always popular and busy, so waiting for a table at breakfast is not uncommon. All suites are luxurious, some offering vast corner views, while even the standard rooms are spacious and also attractively decorated with full-length windows. And, best of all, it’s in a pleasant yet vibrant inner-city area, with several places to eat, drink, and shop within a short stroll.
The LaLiT – The Location
- Address: Barakhamba Avenue, about 600m from Connaught Place in the heart of the city center. Above the ground floor are 2 levels of cafés and boutiques, and other levels with the spa, gym, and pool. Then, immediately above these floors is the 10th floor. So, for example, the ‘15th floor’ is really on about the 8th level.
- Nearest Metro: Barakhamba metro station is 500m away.
- Area: Quieter and cleaner section of the city with office blocks, leafy streets, and bustling markets. Less than 10 minutes on foot from Connaught Place, the epicentre of Delhi, with endless facilities in all directions (600m).
- How to Get There: From the airport, take the shuttle bus to the Aerocity metro station. Go to the New Delhi metro station and then get a connection to the Barakhamba metro station (500m from the hotel). Otherwise, a taxi (unmetered) to/from the airport will take about 45 minutes (20 km).
- Handy to: Connaught Place.
The LaLiT – The Basics
- Guests: Caters to all. While ostensibly built for business people, most guests are tourists, often Indians.
- Views: Rooms look out to nearby buildings, the train station, and city streets. Some on the lower levels face the pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not really expected or provided at this sort of inner-city hotel in Delhi.
- Extras: Daily newspaper delivered to each room.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 4444 7777
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: thelalit.com
The LaLiT – Amenities
- Pool: Temperature-controlled, thus usable in winter, but could become crowded quickly. Lounge chairs and yes, underwater music.
- Spa: Rejuve – The Spa provides an impressive range of highly-personalized treatments using organic products and well-trained staff.
- Fitness Center: Spacious and open 24/7, it offers all the latest equipment. Also, a yoga area.
- For Families: Baby-sitting.
- Other Facilities: Art Gallery. Arcade of boutiques. Business Center (open 24 hours).
The LaLiT – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: 24/7 Restaurant – Open, um, all day and night, but undersized, with lines waiting at times for a table at breakfast. And buffets and a la carte specializing in Japanese and other Asian meals. • The Lalit Boulangerie – At the lobby level, offering a range of yummy pastries, cakes, and chocolates. • OKO – Cuisine from all over Asia. On the 29th floor, so views are vast. • Baluchi – Sophisticated, with ultra-swish décor, silver service, and first-rate Indian food. Bar attached. • The Grill Room – Stylish and old-fashioned, but no windows. European cuisine and highly attentive staff.
- Bars: 24/7 Bar – Alongside the restaurant of the same name. Cocktails, finger food, and chic décor. Also open all day and night, which is unusual for Delhi. • Kitty Su – Fashionable basement nightclub that constantly wins awards worldwide.
- Breakfast: Often included, but double-check when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
The LaLiT – Rooms
- Room Types: Luxury Rooms • Executive Club Rooms • Premier Rooms • Deluxe Rooms • The LaLiT Legacy Suites • Luxury Suites • Executive Suites • Business Suites • Corner Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Some rooms allow smoking. Check when booking.
- Best Room: Corner Suites feature double the windows and twice the views. Separate living areas, also.
- For Families: Almost all rooms and suites can fit in 1 extra single bed, while some have 2 double beds and connecting doors. Contact the helpful management about any other configurations.
The LaLiT – Local Transport
- Walking: Easy to walk to all the shops, cafés, and bars around Connaught Place, but the outer ring road is one of the most traffic-clogged places on earth.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. The closest metro station is Barakhamba, only 500m away.
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and surprisingly hard to find. Best to arrange through the hotel. None will use a meter and all are outrageously overpriced. Also available are Uber and Ola. Contrastingly, auto-rickshaws are everywhere.
The LaLiT – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
So many terrific places to choose from around Connaught Place. At the end of the lane (past Shankar Market) from the hotel, use the subway under the road. Then walk a little to the left along the outer ring road. These places are within Block M, about 800m from the hotel.
- Bagundi, Andhra Kitchen – Unusual Indian meals and snacks with pleasant décor. (600m).
- Brioche Dorée – European-style patisserie and café on 2 floors. Always popular for pastries, coffee, and light meals. 100% vegetarian. (700m).
- Ministry of Beer – Hip meeting spot for all sorts of ales and pub-style meals. (700m).
- Chili’s – Appealing corner position. Always popular for pasta and grills. (700m).
- The Imperial Spice – Classy décor, classic Indian food, and attentive service. (700m).
Nearby Shops & Markets
- The hotel is about 600m from Connaught Place, a series of circular roads lined with every facility required – and more. Don’t be put off by the incessant traffic and noise along the outer ring road (which is 1-way). Stroll among the endless places to eat, drink, and shop within the inner streets, and relax at Central Park in the middle of the circle. To reach Connaught Place, turn left at the hotel’s side entrance and follow everyone else. Along the way is Shankar Market, a cluster of shops focusing on clothes and clothing materials (700m).
The LaLiT – The Hotel
All Delhi Hotel Reviews
- Andaz Aerocity
- B Nineteen
- Holiday Inn International Airport
- Hyatt Regency
- Ibis Aerocity
- The Imperial
- La Sagrita
- Le Méridien
- Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- Leela Palace
- Lemon Tree Premier, Airport
- The Lodhi
- The Oberoi
- Pride Plaza Aerocity
- Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
- Shangri-La Eros
- Taj Mahal
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai