India › Delhi Hotels › Lodhi Review
Updated: March 22, 2022
• Location: Lodhi Road, south of the Delhi Golf Club.
• Hotel website: thelodhi.com
• Hotel phone: +91 (0)11 4363 3333
• Check prices for The Lodhi
The Lodhi – Massive, modern, spacious, and lavish: just like a resort.
Nothing historic or particularly charming, but the facilities and activities offered are extraordinary, almost reminiscent of an island resort: e.g. tennis courts, squash courts, and a pool that can be heated for the chilly winter months. The rooms and suites are super-luxurious and incredibly spacious, and those featuring plunge pools on the terraces are the largest of their kind in Delhi. The décor is fashionable, without being overly chic, and the views – often from balconies – are extensive and appealing. It’s on the edge of leafy New Delhi with its numerous attractions, but the area outside the secure gates is not ideal. However, there are always plenty of auto-rickshaws to whisk guests away.
The Lodhi – The Location
- Address: Faces Lodhi Road, on the junction with Lala Lajpat Rai Road, in the inner southern suburbs.
- Nearest Metro: Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium metro station is 700m from the hotel.
- Area: On the edge of chaotic Old Delhi and quieter New Delhi (built as the Indian capital by British colonialists with wide, clean, and shady streets). Nothing for tourists within the immediate area and the streets outside the gates are noisy with an overpass nearby.
- How to Get There: From the airport, take the shuttle bus to the Aerocity metro station. Go to the New Delhi metro station and then get a connection to the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium station (700m from the hotel). Otherwise, a taxi (unmetered) to/from the airport will take about (20 km).
The Lodhi – The Basics
- Guests: Unlike rivals, this hotel is about leisure and holidays rather than business. Most guests are foreign couples, perhaps younger than 50, who enjoy the facilities and chic design.
- Views: Rooms on the upper floors provide extensive views of leafy New Delhi and/or more chaotic Old Delhi. Always fascinating.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some rooms and suites feature large private plunge pools on the terraces. Pools can be heated if necessary.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)11 4363 3333
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: thelodhi.com
The Lodhi – Amenities
- Pool: Long and ultra-chic design with lounge chairs along a marble terrace. Heated in the winter months.
- Spa: Secluded and spacious, the spa is certainly among the finest in Delhi with its 8 treatment rooms, sauna, plunge pools, and steam rooms.
- Fitness Center: Well-equipped, facing the pool, and featuring treadmills along the terrace. Personal trainers and Pilates classes available. Lap pool attached.
- Other Facilities: 3 Tennis courts. 2 squash courts. Yoga classes. Boutique. Snooker table.
The Lodhi – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Elan – Casual vibe in a stylish courtyard with bar/lounge attached. Extended menu and decent wine list. • Pool Café – Along the poolside terrace for light meals such as burgers and salads. • Indian Accent – Award-winning and innovative menu of Indian food. So popular that its outlets have now opened in London and New York. Dress up and book. Dinner only. • Lodhi Bakery – At the main entrance, offering homemade cakes and chocolates among other tasty treats
- Breakfast: Not included, but can be paid for when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
The Lodhi – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Rooms • Garden Terrace Rooms • Signature Terrace Rooms • Signature Terrace Suites • Lodhi Rooms • Lodhi Deluxe Rooms • Lodhi Premier Rooms • One Bedroom Suites • Garden Terrace Suites • Verandah Pool Suites • Lodhi Signature Suites • Lodhi Suites • Lodhi Deluxe Suites • Sultan Suites • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas.
- Best Room: The grandiose Sultan Suites are spread across 2 levels (with private elevators). Feature 2 bedrooms and bathrooms, massive living/dining rooms, kitchenettes, and balconies. Even a grand piano, sauna, and plunge pool each.
- For Families: Most rooms and all suites can fit in 1 extra single bed, and some have connecting doors. The larger suites feature 2 bedrooms and bathrooms, separate living/dining areas, and private plunge pools.
The Lodhi – Local Transport
- Walking: Almost nothing worthwhile within walking distance. The main road outside is very noisy and the footpaths are potholed (unlike other parts of New Delhi, only 500m away). Also, potentially unsafe at night.
- Public Transport: The Delhi Metro is quick, reliable, and excellent value. The closest station is ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium’, 700m from the hotel.
- Taxis & Rickshaws: Taxis are white, poorly-signed, and surprisingly hard to find. None will use a meter, and all are overpriced. Best organized through the hotel. Also available are Uber and Ola. Contrastingly, auto-rickshaws are everywhere.
The Lodhi – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Virtually nothing within walking distance, and not a great area anyway.
- Oberoi – This exquisite and recently-refurbished hotel offers Threesixty (buffet lunch and a la carte dinner), Omya (contemporary Indian cuisine by Michelin-rated chef), and Baoshuan (super-classy and innovative Chinese on the rooftop). 800m by auto-rickshaw.
Otherwise, take an auto-rickshaw to Khan Market (3 km, see below). These 3 places are clustered in a corner within about 20m of each other:
- Wok in the Clouds – Authentic street-food in a very stylish setting. Also Thai, Chinese, and European food. Bar attached.
- Smokey’s BBQ & Grill – All sorts of meats grilled to perfection. Equally popular for draft beer and live music.
- La Vie – Another restaurant with surprisingly chic décor. Renowned for pizza and other Italian dishes. Daily specials.
And these 3 are close to each other along a back lane in Khan Market.
- The Beer Café – Wine, beer, tapas, and Western food. Prominent corner position with upstairs viewing.
- L’opera – Very tempting patisserie for cakes, sandwiches, and coffee.
- Punjab Grill – Friendly, good value, and authentic food.
Nearby Shops & Markets
- No shops nearby, so get an auto-rickshaw to Khan Market. This is an extended area of narrow lanes brimming with better-than-normal shops and restaurants, but there is no real street market as such. Now a major attraction, Khan Market is seedy in places but does offer some well-known outlets too, such as Starbucks and Subway. (3 km).
The Lodhi – The Hotel
All Delhi Hotel Reviews
- Andaz Aerocity
- B Nineteen
- Holiday Inn International Airport
- Hyatt Regency
- Ibis Aerocity
- The Imperial
- La Sagrita
- The LaLiT
- Le Méridien
- Leela Ambience Convention Hotel
- Leela Palace
- Lemon Tree Premier, Airport
- The Oberoi
- Pride Plaza Aerocity
- Radisson Blu Marina Connaught Place
- Shangri-La Eros
- Taj Mahal
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter