Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Compact, understated luxury, and excellent for families.
Smaller and more personable than rival mega resorts, The Westin offers plenty of activities for the whole family, and the Kids Club – with a playground, trampoline, and spa – is among the best in Nusa Dua. Rooms in motel-style buildings offer views of the gardens and/or pools from private balconies, and some enjoy genuine views of the ocean. On the plus side, the lagoon-style saltwater pool is shady and has curved waterslides and even a ‘beach’, and the gardens feature waterfalls and ponds packed with fish and flowers. The Westin fronts a very scenic and sheltered bay lined with enticing lounge chairs on the immaculately-raked sand. And it’s within a short stroll of the mall and the worthwhile Museum Pasifika.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
Westin Resort Nusa Dua – The Location
- Area: Faces a glorious beach within the most spacious and tranquil part of southern Bali. Reasonably convenient to the beach, shops, cafés, and other facilities and attractions in Nusa Dua and neighboring Tanjung Benoa.
- Address: Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua, BTDC Lot N-3. Inside the gated complex of 4 and 5-star resorts at Nusa Dua, a very popular tourist region in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 20 minutes (11 km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Bali Collection mall. Museum Pasifika. Headland with temples and views.
Westin Resort Nusa Dua – The Basics
- Guests: Caters for all, but with a primary focus on families.
- Kids Club: Unusually, The Westin Family Kids Club accepts children aged 0 to 4 in a separate area (which is basically babysitting), as well as those aged 4 to 12. Large, secure, indoors and out, offering loads of activities and a shady playground.
- Beach: Immaculately-raked with inviting lounge chairs and umbrellas in a sheltered cove of calm water ideal for swimming.
- Views: Many rooms overlook the pools (which can be noisy) and/or gardens (which are always lovely). Some suites face the sea.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Ocean Suites feature private pools. Some Deluxe Rooms have direct access to the main pool from their patios.
- Parking: There are plenty of free and secure spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 771 906
- Email: Send a message through the resort website.
- Website: marriott.com
Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Amenities
- Pool: Three pools. The main one, unusually circular and saltwater, has abundant shade – even ‘waterfalls’ and sandy edges resembling a ‘beach’. The one for children has impressive waterslides.
- Spa: Rejuvenation of the body, mind, and soul are guaranteed at the aptly-named Heavenly Spa. Even has a section for children and massage huts in the gardens.
- Fitness Center: The world-class WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio provides state-of-the-art equipment and lovely garden views. Open 24 hours.
- For Families: Excellent playground with rock-climbing and trampoline. Special menus for children. Spa treatments for families.
- Activities: Plenty for the family, including traditional arts and games as well as yoga and kite-making. Water sports. Tennis courts.
Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Velada Tapas Bar & Kitchen – Tapas, signature margaritas and sangrias, and live jazz nightly. Dinner only. • Ikan Beachfront Restaurant & Bar – Features a shady terrace almost on the sand. Tastiest possible ikan (fish) and Indonesian cuisine. • Prego – Vibrant décor for Italian food. Popular among expat families for Sunday brunches. • Hamabe Japanese Restaurant – Fine-dining, authentic décor, and dedicated teppanyaki counter. Dinner only. • Seasonal Tastes – Buffet breakfast, a la carte lunch, and themed dinner buffets with live music/dance. Open-plan kitchen areas. • The Lobby Bar & Lounge – Bright and airy, and views of the pools and gardens. For all sorts of drinks and light meals all day. • By the Water – Perfect poolside bar with swim-up seats in the water. Light meals available at lunch.
- Breakfast: Not included but can be paid for at the time or when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room (with garden/pool views) • Premium Room • Westin Suite • Ocean Suite • Family Suite • Presidential Suite • Residence Suite • Executive Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas. Strict policies elsewhere, so check with management before lighting up.
- Best Room: The Ocean Suites are the only accommodations with private pools. Also, delightful Balinese décor and furnishings in the spacious bedrooms and separate living/dining rooms.
- For Families: Some suites have 2 bedrooms and special areas for the storage of toys. Most rooms/suites allow 2 extra single beds but are cramped. Best are the Family Suites having 2 bedrooms and separate living areas – and some have access to the main pool from their patios.
Westin Resort Nusa Dua – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: It’s often a lot quicker – and certainly more scenic – to walk along the beachside path than the main road through Nusa Dua. This road is flat and comparatively quiet, so it’s ideal for cycling. Ask the reception about renting a bike.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport or shuttle buses around Bali, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Nusa Dua with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali; however, motorbikes are a fun and easy way to get around Nusa Dua and neighboring Tanjung Benoa, but not elsewhere in southern Bali. All transport options can be arranged at the resort.
- Local Shuttle Buses: Free shuttle buses link major hotels in Nusa Dua with the Bali Collection mall (see below). This is a great way to reach other resorts, beaches, and facilities in Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa.
Westin Resort Nusa Dua – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
All places listed below are best accessed on foot along the lovely beachside path.
- The Laguna – The neighboring and associated resort is about 100m south. It features Banyubiru (themed buffets at dinner), Cornerstone (tempting delicatessen-cum-café and wine shop), and Arwana Restaurant (adorable beachfront position and award-winning seafood).
At the Bali Collection mall, about 500m south via the beach, road, or shuttle bus, are:
- Aroma Fusion Restaurant – Quaint corner location for Chinese food and happy hours.
- Aglio Ristorante – Unique setting for Italian food, set-price lunches, and wood-fired pizzas. Helpful photo menu.
- Gourmet & Café – Lovely courtyard position at the main gate. For seafood, Balinese dishes, and regular live music.
- Bali Collection is a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua, with department stores, cavernous souvenir shops, and abundant cafés/bars. About 500m south via the beach or road, or take the free hourly shuttle bus provided by the mall.
- Museum Pasifika – Impressive museum on the grounds of the neighboring Laguna resort (500m south via the road). Definitely worth visiting for the vast selection of arts and crafts from across Asia and the Pacific region.