Tigerlillys – Traditionally-designed cottages amidst the likable village.
This boutique hotel offers a limited number of Balinese-style cottages facing a garden bursting with tropical foliage. Each is tastefully designed with a thatched roof and enjoyable patio, but some are better than others: e.g., a few ground-level rooms can be dark, and those with bedrooms upstairs have bathrooms on the ground floor. The two-story suites, featuring living areas on the lower level, are bright, airy, and decorated with Balinese arts and crafts. The pool and café can suffer from traffic noise, but rooms are quiet and separated from each other by shrubs. The hotel is located very close to the sea and along the main street of Jungutbatu village, home to the terminal for speedboats to/from Bali and the island’s best selection of shops and cafés.
Tigerlillys – The Location
- Area: Along the main street in the southern part of Jungutbatu, with enough facilities in either direction.
- Address: Jl. Jungutbatu, Nusa Lembongan. Jungutbatu village, the main settlement on the island of Nusa Lembongan, about 40 minutes by speedboat from Bali (or longer from the Gili Islands).
- How to Get There: The only way to reach Nusa Lembongan island is by speedboat from Sanur or Padangbai in Bali, often with connections to the Gili Islands. Compare schedules and book online. Majority of the boats arrive at Jungutbatu, the main village, with most arrival/departure points about 700m south of the hotel. And note: getting on/off these speedboats often involves wading through the water (many times at least knee-deep).
- Handy to: Jungutbatu village. Offices/terminals for speedboats to Bali and the Gili Islands.
Tigerlillys – The Basics
- Guests: Caters almost exclusively to couples, and children under 12 are not allowed. Many guests seem older and are unfazed by the lack of direct beach frontage.
- Beach: The public beach, which is usually packed with boats, is about 300m away. A better place to swim, snorkel, and sunbathe is in front of a resort, like the Lembongan Beach Club, about 600m north.
- Views: All rooms face the enchanting tropical gardens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of midrange boutique hotel on Nusa Lembongan.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)877 6174 1486
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: tigerlillyslembongan.com
Tigerlillys – Amenities
- Pool: Small and functional, with oodles of shade and style. Near the lobby and main street, so it’s noisy at times.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided.
Tigerlillys – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Alongside the pool and attached to the reception, the café is mostly used by guests for breakfast. It does, however, offer a nicer setting, including artifacts collected by the owner, and a more tempting, healthy, and vegetarian-friendly all-day menu than most places in the area.
- Breakfast: Included in rates, but double-check when booking.
- Room Service: Not available.
Tigerlillys – Rooms
- Room Types: Double Room • Twin Room • Suite Getaway • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Strict no smoking policy around the grounds.
- Best Room: Furthest from the street and pool, the 2 suites provide more seclusion and privacy. Gorgeous upstairs bedrooms with garden views and charming chill-out areas at ground level.
- For Families: The twin-level suites can fit in an extra single bed, but there’s a strict limit on the total number of guests overall at the hotel. And children under 12 are not allowed.
Tigerlillys – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Expect to do plenty of walking. Bicycles are a great option in and around Jungutbatu village, but nowhere else because of the hills and potholes. Plenty of places in the village offer bikes in rent.
- Other Transport: No cars are allowed on the island. However, motorbikes are easy to rent and a terrific way to explore the island – and with no police, licenses are not required. New ‘taxis’ (pickup trucks) ply the narrow roads, but most are commandeered by speedboat companies and hotels, so arrange a lift through the hotel, if required. Cumbersome drive-yourself buggies can be rented at Mushroom Bay, and boats can be chartered anywhere for a more scenic way to reach remote parts of the island.
Tigerlillys – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Radya Restaurant – Classic Jungutbatu café: tiny and friendly, serving simple meals at low prices. Opposite the hotel entrance.
- Kubu Nusa – One of very few cafés with a second level offering village views. About 100m south, along a quiet lane.
- Tiki Bar & More – A cut above rivals, featuring tasty Western delights and elegant wooden décor. Only 50m north up the street.
- Jungutbatu Theatre Restaurant – Such a terrific idea: café with nightly movies on a big screen. Best slumped in a beanbag. 250m north of the hotel.
- Warung Made – Been around forever. Tastiest meals and cheapest prices in the village. About 50m past the theatre restaurant.
Nearby Shops & Markets
- Enough minimarts and other low-key shops along the main street in both directions.
- Mushroom Bay is better than Jungutbatu for swimming and snorkeling, but access is problematic. The Crusoe-esque beach at Selambung (also called Coconut Beach and Song Lambung) is more preferable. It’s a 1.5 km walk south via the beach and stone path that passes Batu Karang villas. More serious exploration of the underwater delights can be arranged through scuba-diving agencies in Jungutbatu.