Seaview Lodge & Restaurant – Petite, elegant, and friendly, with old-style charm.
The most convenient hotel to stay at along the western esplanade, close to downtown, is spread across two whitewashed colonial-era buildings. Most rooms are along the side and offer limited views, but are comfortable and spacious enough with a subtle Fijian décor. Better are those on the second floor that face the sea and abandoned jetty from the substantial balcony. Adding to the appeal in all rooms are the king-sized beds and overhead fans. There is no beach nearby, but a walking path parallels the sea to the town center, and the English-style garden is particularly quaint.
Seaview Lodge & Restaurant – The Basics
- Location: Along Vuna Road, the western esplanade, in Nuku’alofa on the main island. About 800m from the town center and 40 minutes from the airport.
- Guests: All are welcome, but it doesn’t cater that well to families, e.g. extra single beds are not allowed in any rooms.
- Beach: It faces the sea but there is no beach anywhere in or around Nuku’alofa. The closest serviceable beach is at Ha’atafu, on the far western tip, about 20 km away.
- Views: Good direct sea views from rooms at the front, but nothing worthwhile from those along the sides.
- Wi-Fi: Free for guests throughout the hotel.
- Parking: No parking. Guests would have to park along the road outside or in a public car park opposite.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (676) 26903
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: seaview-lodge.com
Seaview Lodge & Restaurant – Amenities
- Pool, Spa, & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this small boutique hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Seaview Lodge & Restaurant – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The Seaview Lodge Restaurant and Deck offers seating inside and out, with white tablecloths, sea views, and a romantic setting. Expect haute cuisine with a Polynesian flare from the European chef, as well as classy service and happy hours. Also open for breakfast (and to the public). Reservations recommended in the evenings.
- Breakfast: Not included in the normal rates but certainly worth paying for at the classy café.
- Room Service: Not provided.
Seaview Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Room • Seaview Room • Garden View Room • 1 Garden Bungalow
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking is allowed within the rooms, but permitted in the gardens.
- Best Room: The single Garden Bungalow is ideal for a small group or family staying for a while. The private kitchen offsets the need to walk to the cafés in town.
Seaview Lodge & Restaurant – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Little Italy Restaurant – The closest café is about 700m further up the esplanade from town. Justifiably popular for pasta, steaks, and seafood, as well as the extensive wine list and delicious desserts.
And it’s only about 800m to the town center:
- Friends Café – Very popular, if only for the free Wi-Fi. Claims to have the ‘best coffee in town’, as well as an impressive range of meals. Easy to find at a corner on the main street, Taufa’ahau Road.
- Reload Bar Tonga – Virtually the only bar in town, with happy hours, locally-brewed beers, DJs, and meals. Opposite the Friends Café.
- Marco’s Pizza Pasta – Hard to find in a side street (Unga Road) 2 blocks southeast of Friends Café. Also, fish, grills, salads, and tasty desserts with a relaxed garden seating and live music on weekends.
- Enjoy Café – Convivial, with street-side seats. Serves cakes, coffee, all-day breakfast, and substantial meals. In the backstreets, on Railway Road, 1 block south of the main thoroughfare, Taufa’ahau Road.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Nothing within walking distance. The town center, 800m away, has a few supermarkets and a produce and souvenir market.
‘Taxis’ (actually shared minibuses) ply the esplanade. Wave one down and negotiate a fare.
Seaview Lodge & Restaurant – The Hotel
All Tonga Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Tonga
- Best Hotels for Families in Tonga
- Where to Stay in Tonga
- Best Time to Visit Tonga
- Best Hotels in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels for Families in Bora Bora
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotel for Families in Fiji
- Best Hotels in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels for Families in New Caledonia
- Best Hotels in Tahiti
- Best Hotels for Families in Tahiti
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu