Home > Toronto Best Cheap Hotels
by Santorini Dave • Updated: May 4, 2019
The 10 Best Budget Hotels in Toronto
1. The Clarence Park – Budget
Affordable King West hostel featuring a shared kitchen, cozy lounge area, rooftop terrace, self-service laundry, and on-site parking (fee applies). Both private rooms with ensuite bathrooms and shared dormitory rooms are available, and the hostel is located within a 7-minute walk (500m) of the Rogers Centre and a 10-minute walk (750m) of the CN Tower.
2. Planet Traveler Hostel – Budget
Situated within 1km of the University of Toronto – St. George Campus (850m, 11-minute walk), this eco-friendly hostel is a 5-minute walk (400m) from Kensington Market, and offers free breakfast, daily social events, on-site parking (fee applies), a communal kitchen, rooftop bar, and lounge area with a fireplace and TV. In addition to private rooms with ensuite bathrooms, mixed and female-only dormitory rooms are available.
3. The Alexandra Hotel – Budget
Budget hotel located adjacent to Alexandra Park, a 9-minute walk (750m) to Kensington Market, and a 4-minute walk (300m) to the shops, restaurants, and nightlife of Queen Street. All guestrooms feature kitchenettes and desks, and coin-operated laundry facilities and a parking lot (fee applies) are on site.
4. The Rex Hotel Jazz & Blues Bar – Budget
Downtown, good value hotel located a 2-minute walk (150m) from Osgoode Station, a 5-minute walk (350m) from the Scotiabank Theatre, and a 10-minute walk (750m) from the Eaton Centre mall with an on-site restaurant and jazz bar. Rooms feature either private or shared bathrooms, and breakfast is available for a fee.
5. Super 8 by Wyndham Downtown Toronto – Budget
Located a 3-minute walk (260m) from the shops and restaurants of Queen Street, an 8-minute walk (600m) from Kensington Market, and a 10-minute walk (800m) from the Scotiabank Theatre, this budget hotel offers free continental breakfast, a fitness center, on-site parking (fee applies), and coin-operated laundry facilities. Guest room amenities include refrigerators, microwaves, and desks, and every room has a private bathroom.
6. Chelsea Hotel Toronto – Moderate
Located a 5-minute walk (450m) from the Eaton Centre mall and a 14-minute walk (1.1km) from the Art Gallery of Ontario, this high-rise, family-friendly hotel features an indoor family pool with a waterslide, kids club, teen game room, adults-only rooftop pool, and fitness center. Dining options include a restaurant, lounge bar, coffee and wine bar, and room service; some rooms have balconies, kitchens, and access to the executive lounge.
7. Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown – Moderate
Situated 6 minutes on foot (500m) from the St. Lawrence Market and 9 minutes (700m) from the Eaton Centre mall, this modern hotel has free continental breakfast, a business center, gym, self-service laundry facilities, and on-site parking for a fee. Rooms include private bathrooms, desks, Keurig coffee makers, refrigerators, and microwaves.
8. Hotel Victoria – Moderate
Historic boutique hotel located in the Financial District, just a 1-minute walk (110m) from the Hockey Hall of Fame, a 7-minute walk (500m) from Union Station, and a 7-minute walk (600m) from the St. Lawrence Market. Rooms have hardwood floors and coffee makers, and hotel amenities include a restaurant serving breakfast and lunch, and free access to a nearby pool and gym.
9. Gladstone Hotel – Moderate
Art-focused boutique hotel with on-site art exhibitions, karaoke nights, guest rooms designed by local artists, a lively bar, and a cafe open all day. Every guest room features unique decor, but all have private bathrooms and desks. This historic hotel is located steps to numerous restaurants on Queen Street and a 15-minute tram ride to the Scotiabank Theatre.
10. SoHo Metropolitan Hotel – Moderate
Contemporary mid-range hotel with an on-site sports bar, fitness center, indoor lap pool, complimentary house car service, and business center. Trendy rooms have marble bathrooms with heated floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, and Frette linens. Located 5 minutes on foot (350m) from the Rogers Centre and 8 minutes (550m) from the shops and restaurants of Queen Street.
- The Best Hotels in Toronto
- The Best Hotels for Families in Toronto
- The Best Things to Do in Toronto
- Toronto with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit Toronto
- The Best Hotels in Banff
- The Best Hotels for Families in Banff
- The Best Places to Stay in Banff
- The Best Hotels in Calgary
- The Best Places to Stay in Calgary
- The Best Hotels for Families in Montreal
- The Best Hotels in Osoyoos
- The Best Hotels for Families in Quebec City
- The Best Hotels in Sun Peaks
- The Best Hotels in Vancouver
- The Best Hotels for Families in Vancouver
- The Best Budget Hotels in Vancouver
- Vancouver with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit Vancouver
- The Best Hotels for Families in Victoria
- The Best Hotels for Families in Whistler