Tranquility Cottage Resort – Something different: wooden cabins up a hill and within a riverside jungle.
Well-named, these are the essence of serenity: at the end of a dead-end street, up a slight hill, and almost lost among a pristine jungle. However, they are more like cabins than cottages: made completely of wood, and featuring balconies facing the thick foliage. Inside, they are comfortable, if a little undersized, and feature contemporary art and full-length windows. Amenities are modest (e.g. pool) or non-existent (e.g. gym), but it’s all about the setting and tranquility. Just off the road and near the convenient bridge along Baga River, this area is distant from the seaside crowds and relentless traffic, but within walking distance of Baga Beach.
Tranquility Cottage Resort – The Location
- Address: In an area called Arpora or Baga River (Creek). About 1 km from Baga Beach, the northern extension of the main tourist area of Candolim/Calangute in northern Goa. The turn-off is signposted along the main road that runs parallel to the Baga River, almost opposite where Baga Bridge meets the main road. The resort is at the finish of a 200m dead-end lane.
- Area: In the more bustling (but still sedate) part of the river. Quite a few decent cafés and restaurants nearby.
- How to Get There: From the airport (40 km, 75-minute drive), there is little choice except overpriced pre-paid taxis. The bus station at Mapusa (for connections across Goa) is 9 km away (20-minute drive). The nearest major train station is at Vasco da Gama (45 km, 80-minute drive).
- Handy to: Baga Beach.
Tranquility Cottage Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Mostly foreign couples who relish the serenity.
- Views: Each cottage features a balcony that looks straight into jungle-like trees and plants.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzi: Certainly not expected (or provided) at this sort of resort in Goa.
- Parking: Nothing on-site as it’s up a hill. Parking just outside the gate would be safe enough.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 7888 083666
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: tranquility.co.in
Tranquility Cottage Resort – Amenities
- Pool: On the highest level up the hill. Could do with some more chlorine and shade, but decent enough. Fenced-off area for young children.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not provided, but not a surprise at this sort of place.
- Other Facilities: Laundry.
Tranquility Cottage Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Modest café overlooking the pool. Serves breakfast as well as drinks and light meals all day.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates.
- Room Service: Limited and during daylight hours only.
Tranquility Cottage Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: All the same, but views and positions differ so they’re called Upper Level Cottages or Mid Level Cottages.
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in or anywhere near the rooms. They’re made of wood!
- Best Room: For even more tranquility, choose a cottage on the higher level and at the end of the row.
- For Families: Rooms are too small for extra single beds. The only option is 2 adjacent rooms, but better options are available elsewhere.
Tranquility Cottage Resort – Local Transport
- Walking: Fabulous strolling experience along the riverside road in both directions. The bridge at the turn-off to the hotel heads to Baga Beach, which is walkable at about 1 km.
- Public Transport: The very useful public buses that go along Candolim and Calangute don’t reach here. Also, no metro or any local trains of use to tourists.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: No auto-rickshaws or metered taxis. App-based rides, Uber and Ola, don’t operate anywhere in Goa, but the local alternative – Goa Miles – is worth trying. However, the only real options are unmetered private ‘taxis’ which hang about the bridge at the turn-off to the hotel. Rates are overpriced but negotiable.
- Cars & Motorbikes: Goa is the only place in India where renting a car or motorbike is feasible. No internationally-recognized agencies are present, so renting at a local shop presents obvious risks. Best to organize this at the resort. Rides on the back of a motorbike (called a ‘pilot’) are possible; ask around.
Tranquility Cottage Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
These places are along the riverside road, heading away from the bridge, and within 500m of the resort.
- Jamies Goa – Classy bistro at the turn-off to the resort. Family-friendly, nice garden courtyard, and pleasing prices.
- Mayonna Creek Side – Excellent food at low prices, with seats inside under the fans or along the river. Casual, friendly, and great value.
- Toro Toro Goa – Unusual but pleasant Greek-style setting. Mediterranean cuisine, with focus on grills and seafood.
- Royal Enfield Garage Café – Inviting bistro but more of a museum and shop dedicated to the iconic motorbikes. Popular for trendy music, western food, and cocktails.
- Meiphung Northeast Bar and Resto +91 95613 12044 – Casual and authentic Thai, next to the Royal Enfield.
- A few minimarts and souvenir stalls along the riverside road, but nothing else.
Tranquility Cottage Resort – The Hotel
All Goa Hotel Reviews
- The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa
- Acron Candolim Regina
- Alagoa Resort
- Alila Diwa
- The Avenue Calangute
- Beleza by the Beach
- Casablanca Resort
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Goa Candolim
- The Crown Goa
- The Diwa Club
- Goa Villagio Resort & Spa
- Hard Rock Hotel Goa
- Holiday Inn Resort, Goa
- Hospedaria Abrigo de Botelho
- Hyatt Centric Candolim Goa
- John’s Highland Comfort Guest House
- Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
- La Sunila Suites
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort
- Mateus Boutique Hotel
- Novotel Goa Candolim Hotel
- Novotel Goa Dona Sylvia Resort Hotel
- Radisson Goa Candolim
- Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
- River Castle
- Santana Beach Resort
- Sonesta Inns
- WelcomHeritage Panjim Inn, Pousada, & Peoples
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai