• Create amazing content that is insanely helpful to travelers.
• To start: write, research, and edit city, hotel, and neighborhood guides. Possible cities: Bangkok, London, Paris, Dubai, Singapore, NYC, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Istanbul, Hong Kong, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Rome, Osaka, Vienna, Shanghai, Prague, Madrid, Sydney, San Francisco, Dublin, Florence, Kyoto, and Venice.
• Responsibilities will evolve based on interest and necessity. Being the lead on a specific region is likely (e.g. Spain, Central America, South France).
• Travel to some of the cities above (at least one). All expenses covered.
• Work with contractors (travel writers) for cities that you don’t travel to; edit their writing.
• Post and update guides to website.
• Flexible but most likely something like 5 or 6 hours per day, 5 days per week.
• Travel is not mandatory. Always plenty of work to be done in Seattle working more as an editor than a researcher.
• 2 weeks paid vacation per year; very flexible with unpaid vacation.
• The previous two years we’ve paid 25% of earnings into a IRA. This year we are switching to a 401K. While we can’t guarantee contributions for the future we hope to maintain a similar percentage.