Trident Nariman Point – Mammoth, modern, and in a tranquil inner-city position facing the sea.
The Trident looms large over other high-rises along the quieter end of Marine Drive, the esplanade through the city center. More focused on business people (but perfectly good for tourists, including families), this mega-hotel simply offers more of what guests want than any nearby rivals: the broadest possible ocean views from the ample floor-to-ceiling windows. With a contemporary design and spacious layout, all rooms are very comfortable; even more so the expansive suites. Amenities include a substantial pool, also offering sweeping panoramas across the bay; spacious gym and spa; and sophisticated bars and bistros. The Trident faces the sea and is surrounded by terrific places to eat, drink, and shop, walkable via shady sidewalks, including a mall. And it’s actually attached to The Oberoi hotel (which shares the same owners), so guests can also enjoy the facilities there.
Trident Nariman Point – The Location
- Address: At Nariman Point, on the southern end of Marine Drive, the inner-city esplanade. The main entrance is along the main road. Physically attached to The Oberoi hotel next door, with direct walkways between the two lobbies and pools.
- Area: Fabulous area alongside the sea, so there are breezes, sunsets (haze permitting), and plenty of places to eat and drink nearby. As the esplanade becomes a dead-end only 300m past the hotel, traffic is minimal and the area, far quieter than the northern part of Marine Drive.
- How to Get There: From the airport, get a taxi at a pre-paid counter – although some rates include airport transfers (25 km; 1-hour drive, longer during peak times). The Mumbai Central train station and nearby central bus depot are 25 minutes (6 km) away, and the CSMT station is a 15-minute drive (3 km) away.
Trident Nariman Point – The Basics
- Guests: Focuses on business people, especially conferences, and sporting teams.
- Views: More rooms with sea views than any other hotel on Marine Drive. Rooms and suites to the back offer street views which are also worthwhile.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Perhaps surprisingly, none are offered, but almost no other hotel in Mumbai offers these either.
- Extras: Guests who are part of the Trident Club can enjoy extras like 24-hour butler service, airport transfers, and breakfast.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)22 6632 4343
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: tridenthotels.com
Trident Nariman Point – Amenities
- Pool: Magnificent pool on the 11th floor, with expansive views and abundant sunbeds. Even a lawn, gardens, and playground nearby. Strong breezes can make the water quite chilly.
- Spa: On the same level as the pool, it provides a tranquil setting and traditional treatments.
- Fitness Center: Spacious and well-equipped.
- For Families: Small but adequate playground on a sizeable patch of lawn alongside the pool on the 11th floor. Baby-sitting.
- Other Facilities: Business Center. Travel desk. Laundry. Money exchange. Arcades of boutiques.
Trident Nariman Point – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Frangipani – Bright and cheery setting for European cuisine, as well as traditional local food. Open-plan kitchen, and popular at Sunday brunch. • India Jones – Stylish bistro for award-winning dishes from across Southeast Asia, including flamboyant teppanyaki. • The Verandah – Casual coffee shop at the lobby level. Plenty of healthy meals and exotic desserts, as well as sandwiches and burgers. Open 24 hours. • Opium Den – Bar on a lower level, providing imported spirits and signature cocktails.
- Breakfast: Included for those in the Trident Club, but generally not part of the rates.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Trident Nariman Point – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Premier Ocean View Rooms • Family Rooms • Trident Club Rooms • Trident Executive Suites • Deluxe Suites, Ocean View • Trident Special Suites, Ocean View • Presidential Suite (1-only) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Some rooms allow smoking. Ask when booking.
- Best Room: On the 33rd floor, the 1-only Presidential Suite features a contemporary layout with a separate living/dining room and additional bedroom. With abundant windows, views of the sea are more than 180 degrees.
- For Families: The so-called Family Rooms are actually two standard rooms with connecting doors, but certainly spacious enough for families of four.
Trident Nariman Point – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: One of the finest areas in Mumbai for walking. With wide and shady sidewalks the entire length of the esplanade, why not join the hundreds of locals for an early morning stroll?
- Public Transport: Nothing of any use to tourists. The Mumbai Metro probably won’t reach this far until about 2023.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Plenty of taxis. Use the black-and-yellow ones and insist on using the meter. Rides can also be booked using Uber and Ola apps. No auto-rickshaws in this area.
Trident Nariman Point – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The CR2 mall (200m, see below) offers the finest selection in the area:
- Eleven Kitchens – Upmarket food court with 11 fabulous options, including a Subway.
- Jamie’s Pizzeria – Part of the international chain under the auspices of British celebrity chef, Jamie Oliver. Spacious and family-friendly.
- McDonald’s – Usual fare, but also fab street views.
- Also excellent are the restaurants and bars in the attached Oberoi hotel, accessible along an indoor walkway between the two hotel lobbies: Ziya (contemporary Indian cuisine by Michelin-starred chef), Vetro (Italian food, chic décor, and wine lounge), and Eau Bar (sea views, imported wines/spirits, and live soothing music).
- The CR2 mall is just past the side entrance to the hotel (i.e. away from the sea). A few shops, but most of the space is occupied by bistros, fast-food outlets, and a cinema complex. (200m).
Trident Nariman Point – The Hotel
All Mumbai Hotel Reviews
- Abode Bombay
- Gordon House
- InterContinental Marine Drive
- Juhu Residency
- Hotel Kemps Corner
- Radisson Andheri MIDC
- Ramada Plaza Palm Grove
- Sahara Star
- Taj Mahal Palace
- Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- Best Time to Visit Agra
- Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- Best Time to Visit Bengaluru
- Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- Best Time to Visit Chennai
- Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- Best Time to Visit Delhi
- Best Hotels in Goa
- Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- Best Time to Visit Goa
- Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- Best Time to Visit Jaipur
- Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- Best Time to Visit Jodhpur
- Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- Best Time to Visit Kolkata