Home > Trident, Nariman Point Hotel Review
Updated: October 8, 2019
Trident, Nariman Point – Mammoth, modern, and in a tranquil inner-city position facing the sea.
The Trident looms large over other high-rises along the quieter end of Marine Drive, the esplanade through the city center. More focused on business people (but perfectly good for tourists, including families), this mega-hotel simply offers more of what guests want than any nearby rivals: the broadest possible ocean views from the ample floor-to-ceiling windows. With a contemporary design and spacious layout, all rooms are very comfortable; even more so the expansive suites. Amenities include a substantial pool, also offering sweeping panoramas across the bay; spacious gym and spa; and sophisticated bars and bistros. The Trident faces the sea and is surrounded by terrific places to eat, drink, and shop, walkable via shady sidewalks, including a mall. And it’s actually attached to The Oberoi hotel (which shares the same owners), so guests can also enjoy the facilities there.
Trident, Nariman Point – The Location
- Address: At Nariman Point, on the southern end of Marine Drive, the inner-city esplanade. The main entrance is along the main road. Physically attached to The Oberoi hotel next door, with direct walkways between the two lobbies and pools.
- Area: Fabulous area alongside the sea, so there are breezes, sunsets (haze permitting), and plenty of places to eat and drink nearby. As the esplanade becomes a dead-end only 300m past the hotel, traffic is minimal and the area, far quieter than the northern part of Marine Drive.
- How to Get There: From the airport, get a taxi at a pre-paid counter – although some rates include airport transfers (27km, 1-hour drive; longer during peak times). The Mumbai Central train station and nearby central bus depot are 20-25 minutes (6km) away, and the CSMT station is a 15-minute drive (3km) away.
Trident, Nariman Point – The Basics
- Guests: Focuses on business people, especially conferences, and sporting teams.
- Views: More rooms with sea views than any other hotel on Marine Drive. Rooms and suites to the back offer street views which are also worthwhile.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Perhaps surprisingly, none are offered, but almost no other hotel in Mumbai offers these either.
- Extras: Guests who are part of the Trident Club can enjoy extras like 24-hour butler service, airport transfers, and breakfast.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout for all guests.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +91 (0)22 6632 4343
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: tridenthotels.com
Trident, Nariman Point – Amenities
- Pool: Magnificent pool on the 11th floor, with expansive views and abundant sunbeds. Even a lawn, gardens, and playground nearby. Strong breezes can make the water quite chilly.
- Spa: On the same level as the pool, it provides a tranquil setting and traditional treatments.
- Fitness Center: Spacious and well-equipped.
- For Families: Small but adequate playground on a sizeable patch of lawn alongside the pool on the 11th floor. Baby-sitting.
- Other Facilities: Business Center. Travel desk. Laundry. Money exchange. Arcades of boutiques.
Trident, Nariman Point – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Frangipani – Bright and cheery setting for European cuisine, as well as traditional local food. Open-plan kitchen, and popular at Sunday brunch. • India Jones – Stylish bistro for award-winning dishes from across Southeast Asia, including flamboyant teppanyaki. • The Verandah – Casual coffee shop at the lobby level. Plenty of healthy meals and exotic desserts, as well as sandwiches and burgers. Open 24 hours. • Opium Den – Bar on a lower level, providing imported spirits and signature cocktails.
- Breakfast: Included for those in the Trident Club, but generally not part of the rates.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Trident, Nariman Point – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior Rooms • Premier Ocean View Rooms • Family Rooms • Trident Club Rooms • Trident Executive Suites • Deluxe Suites, Ocean View • Trident Special Suites, Ocean View • Presidential Suite (1-only)
- Smoking Rooms: Some rooms allow smoking. Ask when booking.
- Best Room: On the 33rd floor, the 1-only Presidential Suite features a contemporary layout with a separate living/dining room and additional bedroom. With abundant windows, views of the sea are more than 180 degrees.
- For Families: The so-called Family Rooms are actually two standard rooms with connecting doors, but certainly spacious enough for families of four.
Trident, Nariman Point – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: One of the finest areas in Mumbai for walking. With wide and shady sidewalks the entire length of the esplanade, why not join the hundreds of locals for an early morning stroll? MyByk rents bicycles on the other side of the road from the adjoining Oberoi hotel. Safe to cycle along the esplanade as far as Chowpatty Beach (3.5km from the Trident, 7-minute drive) and some backstreets; not so anywhere else.
- Public Transport: Nothing of any use to tourists. The Mumbai Metro probably won’t reach this far until about 2025.
- Taxis & Auto-rickshaws: Plenty of taxis. Use the black-and-yellow ones and insist on using the meter. Rides can also be booked using Uber and Ola apps. No auto-rickshaws in this area.
Trident, Nariman Point – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
The CR2 mall (200m, 3-minute walk, see below) offers the finest selection in the area:
- Eleven Kitchens – Upmarket food court with 11 fabulous options, including a Subway.
- Jamie’s Pizzeria – Part of the international chain under the auspices of British celebrity chef, Jamie Oliver. Spacious and family-friendly.
- Ristorante Prego +91 (0)22 6617 2008 – Next to the mall entrance for classy Italian cuisine in a likeable setting.
- McDonald’s – Usual fare, but also fab street views.
- Also excellent are the restaurants and bars in the attached Oberoi hotel, accessible along an indoor walkway between the two hotel lobbies: Ziya (contemporary Indian cuisine by Michelin-starred chef), Vetro (Italian food, chic décor, and wine lounge), and Eau Bar (sea views, imported wines/spirits, and live soothing music).
Trident, Nariman Point – The Hotel
All Mumbai Hotel Reviews
- The Best Hotels in Agra
- Where to Stay in Agra
- The Best Hotels in Bengaluru
- Where to Stay in Bengaluru
- The Best Hotels in Chennai
- Where to Stay in Chennai
- The Best Hotels in Delhi
- Where to Stay in Delhi
- The Best Hotels in Goa
- The Best Family Hotels in Goa
- Where to Stay in Goa
- The Best Hotels in Jaipur
- Where to Stay in Jaipur
- The Best Hotels in Jodhpur
- Where to Stay in Jodhpur
- The Best Hotels in Kolkata
- Where to Stay in Kolkata
- The Best Hotels in Mumbai
- Where to Stay in Mumbai