Home > Cheap Hotels in Vancouver
Updated: July 6, 2019
• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
The 8 Best Budget Hotels in Vancouver
1. HI-Vancouver Jericho Beach Hostel – Budget
Open seasonally from May to September, this charming budget hostel is located within Jericho Beach Park and 8km from Downtown Vancouver (11-minute drive). Amenities include a communal kitchen and dining area, TV lounge, bike rentals, self-service laundry facilities, and 24-hour front desk. Both dormitory-style rooms with shared bathrooms and private rooms with ensuite bathrooms are available.
2. HI Vancouver Downtown Hostel – Budget
Friendly and affordable hostel with free continental breakfast, a rooftop terrace, large shared kitchen, library, game room with pool table, self-service laundry facilities, on-site parking for a fee, and 24-hour front desk. Private rooms and male-only, female-only, and mixed dormitories are available, all with shared bathrooms. The hostel is located a 5-minute walk (350m) from Sunset Beach Park and a 7-minute walk (550m) from the Aquatic Centre Ferry Dock.
3. YWCA Hotel Vancouver – Budget
Located 2 minutes on foot (180m) from BC Place, 5 minutes (350m) from the Rogers Arena, and 10 minutes (750m) from the CF Pacific Centre, this community-focused hotel features guest rooms with refrigerators, air-conditioning, vanity areas, shared or private bathrooms, and up to five beds. Amenities include self-service laundry facilities, shared kitchens, TV lounges, a coffee bar, and free access to the nearby YWCA Health + Fitness Centre.
4. The Buchan Hotel – Budget
Good value hotel nestled in a residential neighborhood just a 3-minute walk (250m) from Stanley Park and within blocks of numerous restaurants. In addition to daily housekeeping, some rooms have private bathrooms and the guest lounge has free coffee and tea all day. Note that upper floors are accessible via stairs only.
5. Days Inn Vancouver Downtown – Moderate
Historic Downtown hotel located a 5-minute walk (350m) from Canada Place, 7-minute walk (500m) from the CF Pacific Centre, and 7-minute walk (500m) from Waterfront Station. Amenities include free coffee in the lobby, restaurant, bar, business center and conference room, 24-hour front desk, and off-site parking (fee applies). All guest rooms have desks and coffee makers.
6. Skwachàys Lodge – Moderate
Unique mid-range hotel inspired by Canada’s Indigenous heritage, with an art gallery, traditional cultural activities upon request, on-site parking (fee applies), gift shop, and discounted access to a nearby gym. Rooms are individually themed suites that include coffee makers, refrigerators, and artwork by local artists. Located a 9-minute walk (600m) from Queen Elizabeth Theatre and a 9-minute walk (700m) from Rogers Arena.
7. Moda Hotel – Moderate
Located steps from Vancouver’s top theaters and a 7-minute walk (550m) from the CF Pacific Centre, this boutique hotel has a restaurant, sports bar, wine bar, 24-hour front desk, and business center. All guest rooms feature air conditioning, desks, and coffee makers; the 600-square-foot suites include double sinks, deep-soaking bathtubs, designer toiletries, and minibars.
8. Blue Horizon Hotel – Moderate
Surrounded by the shops and restaurants of Robson Street, this contemporary boutique hotel offers an indoor pool and hot tub, fitness equipment, steam room, restaurant, business center, and meeting rooms on the 31st-floor. Every guest room has a private balcony, desk, mini-fridge, and coffee maker; the hotel is a 12-minute walk (900m) from the CF Pacific Centre.
- The Best Hotels in Vancouver
- The Best Hotels for Families in Vancouver
- Vancouver with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit Vancouver
- The Best Hotels in Banff
- The Best Hotels for Families in Banff
- The Best Places to Stay in Banff
- The Best Hotels in Calgary
- The Best Places to Stay in Calgary
- The Best Hotels for Families in Montreal
- The Best Hotels in Osoyoos
- The Best Hotels for Families in Quebec City
- The Best Hotels in Sun Peaks
- The Best Hotels in Toronto
- The Best Hotels for Families in Toronto
- The Best Budget Hotels in Toronto
- The Best Things to Do in Toronto
- Toronto with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit Toronto
- The Best Hotels for Families in Victoria
- The Best Hotels for Families in Whistler