Angelfish Cove Villas – Modern and functional, but out-of-the-way.
These self-catering villas among lovely gardens are contemporary and practical, but there’s nothing really Melanesian about the layout or décor. Facing an isolated beach with some bright white sand among the rocks at the far end of the peninsula, the villas come with one or two bedrooms and well-equipped kitchens. Some are surprisingly spacious, with sizable living rooms extending to the expansive outdoor entertaining areas with barbecues and tiny plunge pools. The only places to eat are neighboring resorts, accessible across the beach; otherwise, come prepared if self-catering.
Angelfish Cove Villas – The Basics
- Location: On the main island, Efate. At the end of an isolated track along Pango Peninsula, about 15 minutes’ drive from Port Vila and 15 km from the airport.
- Guests: Caters well for families, especially in the larger villas, but most guests seem to be older couples relishing the tranquility and isolation.
- Beach: The beach is okay: sandy in parts, but rocky as it meets the sea. The water is blue-green and calm – perfect for snorkeling, swimming, and kayaking.
- Views: A few villas directly face the sea, but most are a little further back, with glimpses of the ocean at best.
- Wi-Fi: Free and unlimited throughout the resort.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking at the entrance.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 552 2180
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: angelfishcovevillas.com
Angelfish Cove Villas – Amenities
- Pool: Although some villas feature private plunge pools, there is also a communal pool, but it needs some maintenance.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this sort of resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Some villas have private plunge pools – nice for soaking but not swimming.
- Activities: Free kayak hire.
Angelfish Cove Villas – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: There is no restaurant or bar because all villas are equipped with kitchens.
- Breakfast: Not provided as guests are expected to self-cater.
- Room Service: Not provided because there is no restaurant.
Angelfish Cove Villas – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio Villa • 2 Bedroom Villa • 3 Bedroom Villa (1 only) • 2 Bedroom Duplex
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not permitted inside the rooms, but allowed on the patios.
- Best Room: The solitary 3 Bedroom Villa has the finest position, facing the beach only meters away. Adding to the tropical feel are the shady trees, private plunge pool, and outdoor deck.
Angelfish Cove Villas – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
There’s nowhere to eat or drink along the access road. The only option is to walk 200m across the rocky beach (there is no road connection) to the modest seaside café at the CoCo Beach Resort. The classy but pricey restaurant at the Paradise Cove Resort, another 200m along the road from CoCo Beach, is better. Otherwise, charter a minibus at the resort and head into Pango (about 3.5 km) for:
- Breakas Restaurant – In the Breakas Beach Resort. Offers a lovable tropical ambience, with happy hours and an imaginative Pacific-flavored menu.
- Café Vila – Chic bistro at the Nasama Resort about 700m further towards town. For delicious meals, shakes, pastries, and tapas in a pleasant open-air setting. Try the Malaysian Chicken Curry.
- Alternatively, hop on a minibus to the main road through Port Vila (8 km) for Le Café du Village (idyllic Mediterranean-style bistro), the Brewery Bar & Restaurant (imposing street-side setting for burgers, wraps, and pizzas), or Jill’s Cafe (popular, specializing in Mexican food).
Nearby Market or Grocery
The hut at the entrance sells very basic supplies. Otherwise, come prepared because the closest shops are in Port Villa.
There is no public transport along this isolated road. So, get a lift or walk to the junction about 1 km away, from where public minibuses head to Port Vila. Or charter a minibus from the lobby.
Angelfish Cove Villas – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort