Home > Aquana Beach Resort Review
Updated: January 6, 2021
Aquana Beach Resort – Adorable, tropical, and oh-so family-friendly.
The one and two-bedroom bungalows are roomy, with large TVs, Melanesian crafts on the walls, extended patios under thatched roofs, and air-con in the living rooms (but not the bedrooms, which have overhead fans). They are all similar inside, with only the views differing: either facing the sea (with views mostly blocked by trees) or overlooking the back of these bungalows. And there is such a tropical feel with abundant sloping palms, a cute bay of white sand and calm water, mangrove islands just offshore to explore, and hammocks everywhere. The pool is undersized however, and always jam-packed with delighted children. Add in extras like boat trips to the resort’s uninhabited island, themed nights with traditional music shows, and free use of snorkeling gear and kayaks, and this is one of Vanuatu’s best resorts. And a daily shuttle bus to Port Vila helps counteract the isolation.
Aquana Beach Resort – The Basics
- Location: Along Eratap Peninsula on the main island of Efate. At the end of a rough road about 25 minutes from Port Vila and another 10 minutes from the airport. An approximately 15-minute walk to Eratap village.
- Guests: Overwhelmingly caters to families, so adults without children may be affected by the noise.
- Beach: 2 slivers of white sands face the calm water, part of a lagoon that’s incredibly shallow.
- Views: There are 2 rows of bungalows. Some face the sea, with views mostly blocked by trees, and the second row faces the back of the first row.
- Wi-Fi: Available free to all guests throughout the resort
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure parking at the lobby area.
- Nice Perks: 1 free daily shuttle bus service in to Port Vila provides a change of scene and the chance to stock up on supplies.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 35532
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: aquana.com.au
Aquana Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: Too small for everyone, but very popular with children. Lounge chairs alongside for those who can’t get in.
- Spa: The adorable Ocean Day Spa offers massages and facials in a unique setting, perched at the end of the jetty.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this family-style resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
- Activities: Free rental of kayaks, paddleboards, and snorkeling gear. Also, volleyball, cultural tours of the local village, boat trips, and a DVD library.
Aquana Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Waterfront Restaurant & Bar is attractively perched above the lagoon and faces alluring islets. Focuses on the freshest possible ingredients, including local lobsters, and offers a menu for the younger ones.
- Lounge/Bar: The bar at the restaurant facing the sea is more scenic and tranquil than the one near the pool, which provides decent happy hours and a congenial setting with traditional crafts.
- Breakfast: A full continental buffet breakfast is included.
- Room Service: Available from 7 am to 9 pm.
Aquana Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Beachfront Bungalow (1 or 2 bedrooms) • Deluxe Bungalow (1 or 2 bedrooms) • Garden Bungalows (2 bedrooms)
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in any rooms, but anywhere outside is fine.
- Best Room: The Beachfront Bungalows offer superior ocean views, although these are usually obstructed by trees. With 1 or 2 bedrooms, they are spacious and modern, but also with a subtle traditional décor, and feature extended patios.
- For families: 1-bedroom bungalows fit in 2 extra singles; those with 2 bedrooms can sleep up to 6. And management will bend over backwards to accommodate any sized families.
Aquana Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
There is nothing anywhere nearby, so take the resort shuttle bus into Port Vila for lunch at these places – all along the main street:
- Jill’s Cafe – Popular casual café. Specializes in Tex-Mex food, as well as wraps, salads, and coffee. Great Wi-Fi.
- The Rossi Restaurant – Stylish Italian-style bistro, with a garden setting, sea views, and a tiny playground.
- Nambawan Café – Pleasingly cheap considering the perfect waterfront position. Juices, baguettes, pizzas, and moonlight movies.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Only basic supplies are available at the lobby, so come prepared or stock up on visits to Port Vila.
There is no public transport anywhere near the resort, but 1 free daily shuttle bus service is provided to/from Port Vila.
Aquana Beach Resort – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort