Blue Marlin Lodge – Seaside, self-catering, and convenient – a boat and yachtie haven.
This quaint lodge exudes an authentic nautical vibe – from the name to the private jetty lined with bobbing boats. The self-catering rooms are in separate buildings: one above the office and maintenance shed, another raised but a little further back from the water, and the third (and best) directly facing the water across a patch of grass. All feature elongated balconies packed with outdoor furniture. But it’s all about the location: overlooking the picturesque harbor and Iririki Island, set back from the busy road (with restaurants and public transport), and only ten minutes on foot from Port Vila. And what’s more, guests have access to the neighboring Blue Marlin Club, with a world-class restaurant offering jaw-dropping views and a swimming pool.
Blue Marlin Lodge – The Basics
- Location: Just down a steep path, 150m from Kumul (aka Lini) Highway, the main road into Port Vila on the main island, Efate. About 1 km from downtown and 6 km from the airport
- Guests: Focuses more on older guests, especially those involved in boats.
- Beach: There is no beach in this area, although guests can swim in the harbor from steps along the jetty at the lodge. The nearest beaches are along Pango Road, around the Breakas Beach Resort, about 4 km south along the peninsula.
- Views: All bungalows face the sea, from 10-40m away.
- Wi-Fi: Possibly included, but check when booking.
- Parking: Free and secure parking at the lodge.
- Nice Perks: Guests have access to The Blue Marlin Club, a wonderful place to relax, with breathtaking views, a swimming pool, and a stylish restaurant.
- Phone: (678) 23737
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Facebook
Blue Marlin Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: Guests can use the lovely pool with stunning views at The Blue Marlin Club, about 150m up the path.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of lodge.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Blue Marlin Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Nothing onsite, but only 150m up the path is The Blue Marlin Club offering spectacular views, sunset cocktails, silver service, and tapas all day. Bookings advisable for dinner.
- Breakfast: Not included because all bungalows are fitted with kitchens.
- Room Service: Not expected or provided at this sort of lodge.
Blue Marlin Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: The rooms have different layouts, décor, and furniture.
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in the rooms, but okay elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Main Lodge offers the finest views, with only a patch of grass separating the sea from the patio packed with outdoor furniture and a barbecue. Complete with a renovated kitchen, 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms.
Blue Marlin Lodge – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Golden Port Restaurant – In the Golden Port Hotel, only 150m down the road. Cavernous, with dazzling views and astonishing variety, including live crabs.
Or walk about 1 km to downtown (and take a minibus back up at night) for:
- Brewery Bar & Restaurant – Daunting street-side setting serving tapas, burgers, wraps, and local beers.
- Jill’s Cafe – Popular casual café specializing in Mexican food, but also wraps, salads, and coffee. Great Wi-Fi.
- Nambawan Café – Pleasingly cheap considering the perfect waterfront location. For juices, baguettes, pizzas, homemade pies, and moonlight movies.
- The Rossi Restaurant – Stylish bistro with a garden setting, Italian food, sea views, and tiny playground.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- The massive Au Bon Marché supermarket is only 200m up the main road. In town (1 km), there are several minimarts and a produce market.
From the main road, at the start of the path, minibuses head to Port Vila and beyond every few seconds.
Blue Marlin Lodge – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort