Home > Chantillys on the Bay Review
Updated: January 7, 2021
Chantillys on the Bay – Exquisite, convenient, charismatic, and harbor views all over.
A cross between a beach resort and boutique city hotel, Chantillys lies on the northern edge of Port Villa, flanked by numerous likable restaurants and not far from Vanuatu’s only mall. The curved design ensures that all rooms offer good views of the harbor and islets just offshore. Although the décor contains no reminders of France or Melanesia, the Studios on the upper floors have kitchenettes and small balconies, and the one-bedroom apartments cater well to families with fully-equipped kitchens. The pool faces the sea, with lounge chairs offering wonderful views, and is very popular. And there is a beach next door, albeit undersized and rocky.
Chantillys on the Bay – The Basics
- Location: About 700m north of Port Vila, on the main island of Efate. Along Kumul (aka Lini) Highway, the main road through town, which is also accessible along a pretty seaside path. About 15 minutes by taxi from the airport.
- Guests: Caters reasonably well to families, but the overall vibe is about older guests.
- Beach: There is a passable beach at the Banyan Beach Bar next door, but it’s not great for swimming. Otherwise, catch a minibus along Pango Road, and use the beach around the Breakas Beach Resort, about 6 km south from the hotel along the peninsula.
- Views: All rooms have views of the harbor and islands.
- Wi-Fi: Free and unlimited for all guests throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Just enough free parking spots at the entrance, but the resort is along the main road, so there’s no guarantee of security.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 27079
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Facebook
Chantillys on the Bay – Amenities
- Pool: A top-notch setting overlooking the harbor, but the pool is small, crowded, and noisy.
- Spa: The Body & Soul Day Spa on the ground floor offers a wide range of massages and treatments.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of resort/hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Chantillys on the Bay – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Tilly’s Restaurant – A chic bistro offering superb harbor views, with seating inside under the air-conditioning or along the pool deck. Focuses on fresh local produce and provides an extensive wine list.
- Bar: Banyan Beach Bar – Next door, fronting a small rocky beach. Open from 3 pm for drinks at adorable wooden counters. Also, sofas on the sand, lots of shade, and a playground. Snacks available.
- Breakfast: Some rates include a continental buffet breakfast, but check when booking.
- Room Service: Available daily from 7 am to 9 pm.
Chantillys on the Bay – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio • 1-Bedroom Apartment
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in any rooms or public areas, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The 1-Bedroom Apartments offer some of the finest views in or around Port Vila. With separate living areas, kitchenettes, and space for 2 extra single beds, they are ideal for families.
- For families: The 1-Bedroom Apartments can comfortably cater for a family of 4, while some studios have connecting doors and/or can squeeze in 1 extra single bed.
Chantillys on the Bay – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
These places are within 500m north or south of the hotel:
- The Lookout – Just up the hill, for garden setting, divine views, and French cuisine. And, um, lookout for daily specials.
- Crystal Palace – Cavernous Chinese restaurant, with a seemingly endless menu and more terrific views across the harbor.
- Au Faré – Harbor-side French restaurant, popular for seafood platters and cocktails. Attached is the Pizza Hot pizzeria with takeaways, happy hours, and weekend entertainment.
- Reefers Restaurant and Rum Bar – Long-established expat hangout for cold beers and tall stories. Fabulous for tacos, burgers, seafood, and salads. Romantic tables available.
- The Office Pub & Flaming Bull Restaurant – Street-side hub for gossip and grills. Affordable and friendly, with lively happy hours and trendy DJs on weekends.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Tana Russet Plaza – Vanuatu’s only shopping mall, about 350m north of the hotel.
Public minibuses head into Port Vila and beyond every few seconds.
Chantillys on the Bay – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort