SD › Vanuatu Hotels › Coco Beach Resort Review
Updated: January 7, 2021
Coco Beach Resort – Delightful beachfront villas, romantic and remote.
Overlooking a rare patch of sandy beach at Paradise Cove, the farés (bungalows) are virtually the same, all with lofty thatched roofs and adorable stone-walled bathrooms. Only the views differ: either facing the sea, in a second row catching ocean glimpses, or along a third line facing the gardens. Villas are standard-issue from the outside, but brightly decorated with modern art (that doesn’t always seem appropriate). They also feature extra single beds and patios extending to a sliver of sand in front, but none have TVs, some only have overhead fans, and the screens block out insects but not neighborly noise. The other drawback is the isolation, with no public transport nearby.
Coco Beach Resort – The Basics
- Location: At Paradise Cove, almost at the end of an access road along the northern part of Pango Peninsula, on the main island of Efate. About 15 minutes by minibus/taxi or 25 minutes by water taxi from downtown Port Vila. And approximately 15 km from the airport.
- Guests: Quite romantic, it seems to appeal more to younger couples. Not so suitable for families.
- Beach: The broad beach features white sand, thatched huts, and natural shade. The calm clear water is ideal for snorkeling but rocky underfoot for swimming.
- Views: One third of bungalows have direct sea views, another third have glimpses of the ocean, and the rest face the gardens.
- Wi-Fi: Available free to all guests throughout the resort.
- Parking: Several free parking spots are just outside the main entrance, but security is not guaranteed.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 555 2227
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Facebook
Coco Beach Resort – Amenities
- Pool: A decent enough pool, but near the entrance, 100m from the beach and café, so it seems forgotten and is barely used.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of resort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
- Activities: Free rental of kayaks and paddleboards.
Coco Beach Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: The modest Beach Restaurant above the sand offers marvelous sea views, but the menu is limited and prices are high. Still, it is popular with day-trippers from Port Vila for fresh seafood, pasta dishes, and locally-raised beef. • Another restaurant at the entrance and alongside the pool.
- Breakfast: Included in all rates and served at the beachside café.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours, but for drinks and snacks only.
Coco Beach Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Ocean View Bungalow (with fan) • Deluxe Beachfront Bungalow (with air-con on request) • Deluxe Garden Bungalow (with fan) • 1 Villa Coco with 3 bedrooms (and air-con on request) that can sleep up to 10
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is only allowed on the beach.
- Best Room: Meters from the sea, the Deluxe Beachfront Bungalows have unobstructed views. The tropical décor, with hardwood furniture and a wicker sofa, is identical to other accommodations; it’s just the setting and views that make these so special.
Coco Beach Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The only place within walking distance is the exquisite restaurant at the neighboring Paradise Cove Resort. Open-air, with board games and free Wi-Fi, the menu is long and prices pleasingly affordable at lunchtime – but not so in the evening. Alternatively, organize a minibus at the resort and head into Pango (about 3 km) for:
- Breakas Restaurant – In the Breakas Beach Resort. Lovable tropical ambience, with happy hours and an imaginative Pacific-flavored menu.
- Café Vila – Classy bistro at the Nasama Resort about 700m further towards town. For delicious (but pricey) meals in a pleasant open-air setting. Also great for coffee, shakes, tapas, and pastries.
Nearby Market or Grocery
There is nothing within walking distance, so come prepared, or stock up on basic supplies at the shop opposite the Breakas Resort.
No minibuses or taxis reach this isolated and dead-end road. So, get a lift or walk to the junction (about 1.5 km) where public minibuses stop. Otherwise, organize a taxi or chartered minibus at the hotel. For about the same price as a chartered minibus to Port Vila, consider a more exhilarating water taxi.
Coco Beach Resort – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort
- Best Hotels in Vanuatu
- Best Hotels for Families in Vanuatu
- Where to Stay in Vanuatu
- Best Time to Visit Vanuatu
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter