Iririki Island Resort & Spa – Magnificent and massive tropical island escape – yet almost in downtown.
This is truly unique: a large resort on a private island only three minutes from the capital. A variety of recently-renovated accommodations are sprinkled among vast landscaped gardens, ranging from traditionally-designed farés (bungalows) – some adults-only and above-the-water – to self-contained apartments in blocks that are more contemporary but still stylish. Most accommodations face the sea or exquisite gardens. The other amenities are extraordinary: several pools, tennis courts, daily activities, a free kids club, and, tucked away, a casino. If not fortunate enough to stay, a reasonably-priced day-pass provides access to everything, including free rental of snorkeling gear, bicycles, and kayaks.
Iririki Island Resort & Spa – The Basics
- Location: On Iririki Island, 3 minutes by boat from central Port Vila, and then another 15 minutes to the airport.
- Guests: Caters to everyone, but most guests are families and couples, probably younger.
- Beach: There are several glorious beaches. The main one is around the jetty area; another at Snorkelers Cove on the island is also ideal for underwater exploration.
- Views: Most rooms, bungalows, and apartments face the ocean; some perched above the water or only 10m away. Others face the garden paths.
- Wi-Fi: Usually free, but may depend on how the room is booked; check with the hotel.
- Parking: There are no vehicles on the island. Ask about parking on the mainland when booking.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 35060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: iririki.com
Iririki Island Resort & Spa – Amenities
- Pools: Two main pools. One has 4 tiers, with water cascading between each level. The Sunset Pool is more for adults, with a swim-up bar.
- Spa: Iririki Spa is considerably better than most. Located at the highest point of the island, it provides luxurious treatments and delightful views.
- Fitness Center: Excellent gym with all the latest equipment.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None of the accommodations have private pools, but some do feature a jacuzzi on the balcony/patio.
- For families: Nightly buffets and live entertainment, tennis courts, a 4-tiered pool (with a children’s splash area), and a games room. Also, free rental of kayaks, catamarans, snorkeling gear, and bicycles.
Iririki Island Resort & Spa – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Azure Restaurant – Very romantic, with intimate tables and gorgeous views (especially at night). Try the seafood platters and locally-raised beef with vegetables from the island’s organic garden. Regular live entertainment and buffets • Infinity Bar & Café – Casual, alongside the main pool. Relax with a cocktail, light meal (mainly burgers, pizzas, and salads), and live entertainment at night • Sunset Pool, Bar, & Grill – With a swim-up bar. Also, salads, burgers, baguettes, and pasta.
- Bars: Jewel Lounge & Bar – Caters to high-rollers at the casino. Limited menu focuses on Asian cuisine and tasty grills • Snorkelers Cove – At the second beach, offering sunset cocktails, lounge chairs, and light meals.
- Breakfast: A magnificent buffet breakfast is included in all rates.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Iririki Island Resort & Spa – Rooms
- Room Types: Island Faré (bungalow) • Premium Overwater Faré • Premium Waterfront Faré • Deluxe Pool View Room • Deluxe Ocean View Room • Deluxe Family Faré • Deluxe Villa • Penthouse Suite • Tri-level Penthouse
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed in any rooms or public areas, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Although not as traditionally-designed as others, the Tri-level Penthouses are sublime: spread across 3 levels, with broad views from maximum floor-to-ceiling windows, kitchenettes, laundry, and even jacuzzis on the balconies. Each can easily accommodate up to 8 guests.
- For families: A wide range of options: standard farés can add in 1 extra single. Rooms (really apartments), with a kitchen and laundry, accommodate a family of 4, and the Deluxe Family Farés are designed for groups of 5 (but, oddly, have no kitchen or laundry).
Iririki Island Resort & Spa – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
These places are within an easy walk along the main street from the boat terminal in Port Vila:
- Chill – Upstairs at the market, almost next to the boat terminal. Pricey, with more affordable lunchtime specials. Popular and family-friendly for pizzas, pasta, and steaks. Children’s menu available.
- Le Café du Village – Idyllic Mediterranean-style bistro alongside the harbor. Coffee, tasty meals, and an interesting changeable menu with daily specials. About 300m south.
- Jill’s Cafe – Popular casual café. Specializes in Mexican food as well as wraps, salads, and coffee. Great Wi-Fi. 200m north.
- Nambawan Café – Pleasingly cheap considering the perfect waterfront position. For juices, baguettes, pizzas, homemade pies, and moonlight movies.
- The Rossi Restaurant – Elegant bistro with Italian food, garden setting, sea views, and a tiny playground. About 750m north.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- The main street in Port Villa is dotted with general stores and minimarts. The terminal for boats to the island is alongside the produce market.
The only way on and off the island is by the resort boat, which is free and leaves when required, 24 hours a day. The trip takes about 3 minutes. Boats leave from a tiny jetty next the produce market in the center of Port Vila. Plenty of minibuses head in both directions along the main street in Port Vila for exploration of the island.
Iririki Island Resort & Spa – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort