Nasama Resort – Family-friendly, motel-style, and first-rate beach.
From the overall design and setting (with sand all over and abundant desert plants), this resort wouldn’t look out of place in Mexico. In two-level blocks, each apartment features a kitchen and extended patio/balcony overlooking the pool and gardens, while a few offer direct sea views. All are remarkably spacious, and those with two bedrooms are perfect for families. The younger ones would relish the volleyball court (on the grass, not sand), free kayak rental, and extensive beach, which is a little rocky but calm enough for snorkeling. And the pool is unusually tiered, with infinity edges and a section for children. While it does feel remote, the Nasama is only ten minutes by frequent minibus from Port Vila.
Nasama Resort – The Basics
- Location: In Pango village, along the peninsula of the same name, south of Port Vila on the main island of Efate. About 4 km from the capital and another 6 km from the airport.
- Guests: Caters for all, but most guests seem to be families.
- Beach: The scenic beach is a bit rocky, but sizable for a smallish resort. Calm water, a welcome breeze, and striking views.
- Views: Almost all rooms face the garden and pool, while a few do overlook the ocean.
- Wi-Fi: Free in the lobby and café, but less reliable in rooms away from these areas.
- Parking: Unusually, most guests can park directly outside their rooms, like a motel.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 28009
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: nasamaresort.com
Nasama Resort – Amenities
- Pool: The delightful pool faces the sea, but is a little distant from the beach. A separate area for the younger ones.
- Spa: Not expected or provided at this sort of smallish midrange resort.
- Fitness Center: A hut among the lawns has 2 gym machines, which seems like a token effort.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
- For families: A do-it-yourself laundry facility in every block.
Nasama Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: At the entrance to the resort, the chic and pricey Café Vila Restaurant & Bar serves coffee, tapas, steaks, and a wide range of ‘European/Asian fusion’ cuisine. With terraces facing the garden and main road, it’s popular among locals for happy hours, pastries, breakfast, and Wi-Fi.
- Breakfast: Not included, but worth paying for at the classy café at the front.
- Room Service: Not available because the café is more-or-less separate from the resort.
Nasama Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Beachview Studio • Luxury Oceanfront Suite • Seaview 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms, but okay in areas like the beach and gardens.
- Best Room: The Luxury Oceanfront Suites are well named: sumptuous and spacious, with superb views from extended balconies. Romantic and ideal for couples, families may prefer the Seaview 2 Bedroom Apartments.
- For families: The Suites can squeeze in 1 extra single bed, while the Studios have room for 2. Better are the Seaview 2 Bedroom Apartments.