Ramada Resort Port Vila – Modern, chic, and substantial beach resort in the suburbs.
Opened in early 2017, the only largish resort in the Port Vila area features a very rare private beach. Rooms are in three or four-level blocks built in a sort of nouveau-Vanuatu style. Most are at sea-level facing the pool and/or lagoon (which resembles a river). Other rooms are at street level with distant views, while some don’t face the water at all. Inside, they are all very spacious, with kitchens/kitchenettes and extended balconies accessible from the bedroom and living areas. The petite beach has white sand but no shade, and the sparkling seaside pool is surrounded by abundant chairs and umbrellas. The swim-up bar typifies the adults-only vibe, though it does cater well to families with plenty of daily activities.
Ramada Resort Port Vila – The Basics
- Location: Along the other (eastern) side of the peninsula from Port Vila, in a suburb called Seaside on the main island of Efate. At the end of a lane, about 200m from the southern end of Captain Cook Avenue. About 20 minutes’ walk from downtown Port Vila and 8 km from the airport.
- Guests: Mostly for those on packaged tours. Many guests seem older, although it also caters very well for families.
- Beach: Surprisingly, there is a beach, probably artificial, but still good enough. Be wary of strong currents when swimming.
- Views: Most rooms offer views of the water, sometimes less than 30m away, while those in 1 block face the wrong way completely.
- Wi-Fi: A substantial amount of data is provided per day for free in each room.
- Parking: Enough parking spots at the lobby, with access to sea-level accommodations by buggy.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 28000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ramadaresort.com.vu
Ramada Resort Port Vila – Amenities
- Pool: A lovely pool alongside the beach. Sizable and sparkling, with a swim-up bar.
- Spa: In a charming setting, the Kesorn Spa offers the usual array of treatments.
- Fitness Center: With state-of-the-art equipment and facing the pool.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Activities: Numerous activities offered daily, such as weaving and coconut petanque. Also, cultural shows, beach volleyball, and free rental of kayaks, paddleboards, and snorkeling gear.
Ramada Resort Port Vila – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Akiriki Restaurant – Gorgeous setting overlooking the lagoon, for French cuisine with Melanesian flavors and buffet breakfast. Popular for the extended dessert menu, children’s meals, and themed buffet nights. Try the braised lamb shank • Sports Bar – Happy hours, all-day snacks, and importantly for some guests, large screens showing sports from across the globe. Live music some nights • Lounge Bar – Tranquil setting alongside the pool and facing the water. For cocktails and afternoon tea.
- Breakfast: A substantial buffet breakfast is included.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours – 7 am to 9 pm.
Ramada Resort Port Vila – Rooms
- Room Types: Studio • Junior Suite • 2-Bedroom Apartment
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms, but permitted on the patios/balconies.
- Best Room: The 2-Bedroom Apartments have extra bathrooms as well as kitchens, laundry, and extended balconies offering broad views of the lagoon.
- For families: The Studios and Suites can squeeze in extra single beds, while the 2-Bedroom Apartments are ideal, with kitchens, extra bathrooms, and laundry facilities.
Ramada Resort Port Vila – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Food4Good – Typical takeaway shop, but better than most. For stews and burgers. Along the main road about 300m from the Ramada.
- Spice – Classy Indian with lunchtime specials, children’s menu, and vegetarian meals, but more than just curries. About 600m north along Elluk Road (the main road).
- L’houstalet – Atmospheric and typically French. For grills, pizza, seafood, and Flying Fox in Onion Soup. (No, really.) Same premises and owner for over 40 years. Next to the Spice restaurant.
- The Blue Marlin Club – Spectacular views, sunset cocktails, and silver service. Tapas all day. Bookings advisable for dinner. Swimming pool for patrons. About 1 km along the road into Port Vila.
- Golden Port Restaurant – In the Golden Port Hotel, just past The Blue Marlin. Cavernous, with dazzling views and an astonishing variety of Chinese food.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Au Bon Marché – Supermarket at a roundabout along the main road (Elluk Road), about 750m to the north of the Ramada.
The resort entrance is about 200m down from the main road along which minibuses head to Port Vila and beyond every few seconds.
Ramada Resort Port Vila – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort