Updated: July 27, 2018
Seachange Lodge – Charming and convenient, with waterside gardens and suburban setting.
The Seachange is the finest among a cluster of modest but comfortable lodges facing Erakor Lagoon (which looks more like a river). Of the 7 self-contained rooms, some are in the main building set back from the street, while others have adorable names like Lagoon Lodge and Garden Cottage – both ideal for families, with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms. Accessible down a steep path through English-style gardens, the single Waterside Chalet boasts a private jetty attached to a patio perched over the lagoon. So spacious and stylish, the chalet features a huge bathroom with spa and an attic that sleeps another 3. The lodge is about 20 minutes’ walk from downtown Port Vila, but more accessible by very frequent minibus.
Seachange Lodge – The Basics
- Location: On Captain Cook Avenue, along the other (eastern) side of the peninsula from Port Vila, in a suburb called Seaside, on the main island of Efate. About 1.3km from the town centre and 7km from the airport.
- Guests: Caters for all – from backpackers to couples seeking a romantic getaway. And for families, too.
- Beach: There is no public beach along this part of the peninsula. Walk to Poppy’s on the Lagoon Resort, just down a laneway from Seachange’s sister hotel, Tradewinds (400m up the road). Or catch a minibus to the beaches near the Breakas Beach Resort, about 4.5km south along the peninsula.
- Views: The Waterside Chalet offers unparalleled views of the water, while vistas from the main building may be partially blocked by trees. Other rooms face the quaint gardens.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free and unlimited for guests throughout.
- Parking: Free parking available onsite and behind the gate.
- Phone: (678) 26551
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://seachangelodge.com/
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Seachange Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: Surprisingly, there is a pool. Nicely located beneath the main building, it does however, need a bit of a polish.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this type of lodge.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
- Activities: Free use of kayaks and canoes, and 300+ DVDs to borrow.
Seachange Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Not large enough to warrant a restaurant or bar.
- Breakfast: Basic supplies are available for a continental breakfast at a minimal extra charge, but most guests are expected to make breakfast using their kitchen.
- Room Service: Not available, with no restaurant or bar onsite.
Seachange Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: Only 7 self-contained rooms – (1) Waterside Chalet • (1) Lagoon Lodge • (1) Garden Cottage • (2) Lagoon View Studios • (1) Garden Bungalow • (1) Vatu Holiday Home (a private house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms).
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas. Best outside on the street.
- Best Room: The Waterside Chalet boasts 1 of the most scenic and secluded spots in the Port Vila area. With a kitchen and huge bathroom with a spa, it sleeps up to 6. Perfect waterside setting with a private jetty.
Seachange Lodge – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Retreat Seaside Resort – low-key expat hangout, with pub meals, daily specials and happy hours. Only 150m down Captain Cook Avenue. 2-minute walk.
- Leaf Restaurant – all-day dining facing the pool and sea. Great place to try traditional food. About 500m up the road, at Poppy’s on the Lagoon Resort. 6-minute walk.
- Ristorante Casa Mia – Chic Italian bistro, with barbeques, buffets and live entertainment. About 500m west along Rue de Picardi street. 7-minute walk.
- Spice (24406) – classy Indian, with lunchtime specials and vegetarian meals, but more than just curries. Children’s menu available. About 700m south along Captain Cook Avenue. 8-minute walk.
- L’houstalet (22303) – atmospheric and typically French. For grills, pizza, seafood and, um, snails and pigeon. Same premises and owner for over 40 years. Next to the Spice restaurant. 11-minute walk.
- Market or Grocery: Along the main road to the west, Rue Dartois, are a few basic stores, as well as the massive Au Bon Marché supermarket 800m away.