Seachange Lodge – Charming and convenient, with waterside gardens and suburban setting.
The Seachange is the finest among a cluster of modest but comfortable lodges facing Erakor Lagoon (which looks more like a river). Of the seven self-contained rooms, some are in the main building set back from the street. Two others have adorable names like Lagoon Lodge and Garden Cottage – with two bedrooms and bathrooms, both are ideal for families. Accessible down a steep path through English-style gardens, the single Waterside Chalet features a private jetty attached to a patio perched over the lagoon. So spacious and stylish, the chalet features a huge bathroom with spa and an attic that sleeps another three. The lodge is about twenty minutes’ walk from downtown Port Vila, and is very accessible by the frequent minibus.
Seachange Lodge – The Basics
- Location: On Captain Cook Avenue, along the other (eastern) side of the peninsula from Port Vila, in a suburb called Seaside on the main island of Efate. About 1.5 km from the town center and 7 km from the airport.
- Guests: Caters to all – from backpackers to couples seeking a romantic getaway. And families, too.
- Beach: There is no public beach along this part of the peninsula. Walk to Poppy’s on the Lagoon Resort, just down a lane from Seachange’s sister hotel, Tradewinds (400m up the road). Or catch a minibus to the beaches near the Breakas Beach Resort, about 5 km south along the peninsula.
- Views: The Waterside Chalet offers unparalleled views of the water, while views from the main building may be partially blocked by trees. Other rooms face the quaint gardens.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free and unlimited for guests throughout.
- Parking: Free parking available.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 26551
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: seachangelodge.com
Seachange Lodge – Amenities
- Pool: Surprisingly, there is a pool. Nicely located under the main building.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this type of lodge.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
- Activities: Free use of kayaks and canoes, and 300+ DVDs to borrow.
Seachange Lodge – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Not large enough to warrant a restaurant or bar.
- Breakfast: Basic supplies are available for a continental breakfast at a minimal extra charge, but most guests are expected to cook breakfast using their kitchens.
- Room Service: Not available.
Seachange Lodge – Rooms
- Room Types: Only 7 self-contained rooms – (1) Waterside Chalet • (1) Lagoon Lodge • (1) Garden Cottage • (2) Lagoon View Studio • (1) Garden Bungalow • (1) Vatu Holiday Home (a private house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms)
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas. Best outside on the street.
- Best Room: The Waterside Chalet features one of the most scenic and secluded spots in the Port Vila area. With a kitchen and huge bathroom with a spa, it sleeps up to 6 guests. Perfect waterside setting with a private jetty.
Seachange Lodge – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Retreat Seaside Resort – Low-key expat hangout, with pub meals, daily specials, and happy hours. Only 150m down Captain Cook Avenue.
- Leaf Restaurant – All-day dining facing the pool and sea. Great place to try traditional food. About 500m up the road, at Poppy’s on the Lagoon Resort.
- Ristorante Casa Mia – Chic Italian bistro with barbecues, buffets, and live entertainment. At The Melanesian resort, about 500m west along Rue de Picardi street.
- Spice – Classy Indian, with lunchtime specials and vegetarian meals, but more than just curries. Children’s menu available. About 700m south along Captain Cook Avenue.
- L’houstalet – Atmospheric and typically French. For grills, pizza, seafood, and, um, snails and pigeon. Same premises and owner for over 40 years. Next to the Spice restaurant.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Along the main road to the west, Rue Dartois, are a few basic stores, as well as the massive Au Bon Marché supermarket.
Public minibuses pass by along Captain Cook Avenue every few seconds towards Port Vila.
Seachange Lodge – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort