The Terraces Boutique Apartments – Secluded and swanky, but sterile and isolated.
These ultra-chic boutique-style studios and apartments are in square buildings across a prime hilltop setting. They are however, less austere inside, with splashes of color and even some Melanesian décor. All feature stone baths, plunge pools, and substantial balconies/patios. The twin-level apartments (with one or two bedrooms) also have kitchens. All accommodations face distant lagoons and mountains, but there are not enough gardens. The tennis court is a surprise, and the pool has infinity-style edges that blend into the foreground. It feels remote, yet is only ten minutes by minibus from downtown Port Vila. Overall, it provides comfort, seclusion, and exclusivity.
The Terraces Boutique Apartments – The Basics
- Location: Along the other (eastern) side of the peninsula from Port Vila, in a suburb called Seaside on the main island of Efate. Next to the sister resort, Mangoes (which is far nicer), at the far northern end of Captain Cook Avenue. About 25 minutes on foot from the center of Port Vila and 7 km from the airport.
- Guests: Seems to cater almost entirely to young couples and groups. Perhaps families and older guests would not appreciate the trendy and austere design. And children under 5 are not permitted.
- Beach: There is no public beach along this part of the peninsula. Catch a minibus to the beaches near the Breakas Beach Resort, about 5 km south along the peninsula.
- Views: All studios and apartments offer decent views of the lagoons and mountains but are at least 300m from the water’s edge.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout.
- Parking: Very limited parking available at the entrance. Try the sister resort, Mangoes, next door.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 24923
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: theterracesvanuatu.com
The Terraces Boutique Apartments – Amenities
- Pool: Small infinity pool, but rarely used because all apartments have a private plunge pools.
- Spa: A masseuse can visit rooms if required. Otherwise, a hut at Mangoes, the sister resort next door, offers massages but nothing else.
- Fitness Center: Ultra-modern gym alongside the tennis court.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: All apartments have private plunge pools.
- Activities: A tennis court.
The Terraces Boutique Apartments – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Perhaps surprisingly, there is no restaurant or bar on the grounds. Guests are urged to visit the neighboring sister resort, Mangoes. Easily the finest in the Seaside area, Mangoes Restaurant features an enchanting colonial theme. Popular among locals for organic ingredients and the changing menu, it’s hard to ignore the seafood platter or prawn curry.
- Breakfast: Most rates include a continental ‘tropical’ breakfast served at the neighboring sister resort, Mangoes.
- Room Service: Available from Mangoes Restaurant next door during restaurant hours – 7 am to 9 pm.
The Terraces Boutique Apartments – Rooms
- Room Types: Terrace Studio • 1 or 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed inside the rooms or around the public areas. Okay on the patios/balconies.
- Best Room: There isn’t that much difference among the rooms, but the 1 Bedroom Apartments are very spacious. Spread across 2 levels, they feature full-sized kitchens, plunge pools, huge living/dining areas, and delightful (but distant) views of the lagoons.
The Terraces Boutique Apartments – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Retreat Seaside Resort – likeable expat hangout, with pub meals and happy hours. Also, movie nights, sports on TV and gorgeous views. 700m south along Captain Cook Avenue.
- Navara Restaurant – At the Coconut Palms Resort, about 700m south along Rue de Wales street. Broad menu, including steak, lobster, and pasta. Try the Vanuatu Tapas.
- Leaf Restaurant – All-day dining, and popular for cocktails and banana pancakes. (Yes, really.) Also, ideal for trying traditional food. At Poppy’s on the Lagoon resort, 800m south along Captain Cook Avenue.
Almost next to each other on Elluk Road, about 1.5 km south via Captain Cook Avenue, and readily accessible by public minibus, are:
- Spice – Classy Indian, with plenty of other tasty meals on offer. Lunchtime specials, vegetarian meals, and a children’s menu.
- L’houstalet – Chic French (with frogs’ legs and escargot), but also very popular for pizza. Or maybe try the Flying Fox and Onion Soup. Same owner for 40 years, and probably not renovated since.
Nearby Market or Grocery
A few basic stores are along Rue de Wales, just down from the roundabout which is 100m up Captain Cook Avenue.
From the roundabout 100m up Captain Cook Avenue, public minibuses head every few seconds to Port Vila and beyond.
The Terraces Boutique Apartments – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- Tradewinds Villas
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort