Home > Tradewinds Villas Review
Updated: January 10, 2021
Tradewinds Villas – Friendly, self-contained, and budget-priced, with a tropical feel in the ‘burbs.
Along a suburban street only twenty minutes on foot from central Port Vila, the handful of unfussy but comfortable bungalows face some pleasant gardens. All bungalows are spacious, with an extra single bed and room for another. Featuring decent kitchens, they’re also handy for families, especially those on a budget. And, perhaps surprisingly, there’s a pool which guests may have to themselves. It is managed by the delightful Seachange Lodge, just down the road, where guests have free access to kayaks for exploration of the lagoon.
Tradewinds Villas – The Basics
- Location: Along Captain Cook Avenue in the suburb known as Seaside, on the other (eastern) side of the peninsula from Port Vila on the main island of Efate. About 1.5 km from the town center and 20 minutes from the airport. There is no lobby, so check-in at the Seachange Lodge, about 400m down the road.
- Guests: Appeals to expat workers and anyone on a budget, especially families.
- Beach: There is no public beach along this part of the peninsula. Walk to Poppy’s on the Lagoon resort, just down the lane from Tradewinds, and use their beach. Or catch a minibus to the beaches near the Breakas Beach Resort about 5 km south along the peninsula.
- Views: All bungalows face inwards and overlook the gardens. From the gardens, some glimpses of Erakor Lagoon are possible.
- Wi-Fi: Provided free to all guests.
- Parking: Enough free and secure parking just outside the reception area.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (678) 772 7018
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: Facebook
Tradewinds Villas – Amenities
- Pool: A decent size, with some shade. Guests can use the barbecue, which is alongside and under a roof.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of low-key hotel.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided.
Tradewinds Villas – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: With only 6 bungalows, a restaurant/bar is not warranted.
- Breakfast: Provisions for a do-it-yourself continental breakfast are provided for the first night. Then, guests are expected to cater for themselves using their own kitchens.
- Room Service: Not provided.
Tradewinds Villas – Rooms
- Room Types: Only Garden Bungalows.
- Smoking Rooms: Not allowed in the bungalows, but okay on the patios and in the gardens.
- Best Room: All the same, but bungalows furthest from the pool are more likely to be the quietest.
Tradewinds Villas – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Retreat Seaside Resort – Popular expat hangout, with pub meals, daily specials, and happy hours. About 250m down Captain Cook Avenue.
- Leaf Restaurant – All-day dining. Great for trying traditional food. At Poppy’s on the Lagoon resort, 300m down the access road to Tradewinds.
- Mangoes Restaurant – Enchanting colonial layout. Popular for breakfast, organic ingredients, and the changing menu. Hard to ignore the seafood platter or prawn curry. At Mangoes Resort, 400m up Captain Cook Avenue.
- Navara Restaurant – Wide range of meals, including steak, lobster, and pasta. Try the Vanuatu Tapas. In the Coconut Palms Resort, about 400m west up Rue Cornwell street.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Nothing nearby, so head into Port Vila.
Public minibuses pass by along Captain Cook Avenue every few seconds for Port Vila.
Tradewinds Villas – The Hotel
All Vanuatu Hotel Reviews
- Angelfish Cove Villas
- Aquana Beach Resort
- Blue Marlin Lodge
- Breakas Beach Resort
- Chantillys on the Bay
- Coco Beach Resort
- Coconut Palms Resort
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa
- Golden Port Restaurant & Hotel
- Grand Hotel and Casino
- Hideaway Island Resort
- Iririki Island Resort & Spa
- Mangoes Resort
- MG Cocomo Resort Vanuatu
- Moorings Hotel
- Nasama Resort
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Poppy’s on the Lagoon
- Ramada Resort Port Vila
- Seachange Lodge
- The Melanesian Port Vila
- The Terraces Boutique Apartments
- Tropicana Lagoon Resort
- Vila Chaumières Restaurant & Resort