Villa Teman – Luxury villas, secluded and convenient.
The nicest in Kalibukbuk (which offers the best selection of shops and cafés in Lovina), these villas are located along a quiet country lane used more by cows than tourists. Each of the three sparkling new villas is bright and airy and offers absolute privacy and seclusion behind lofty walls. They feature gorgeous open-air (but undercover) living/kitchen/dining areas and separate bedrooms, each overlooking a private pool large enough for five people. Little touches, like a modest library in the lobby and umbrellas for guests, are part of a personal service rarely found at resorts.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
Villa Teman – The Location
- Area: Very quiet area, just off the main street, with enough places to eat and drink within 200m. About the same distance to the beach.
- Address: Along Jalan Palem, a side street from Jalan Mawar, the main thoroughfare in Kalibukbuk. Kalibukbuk is the prime tourist region within Lovina, which stretches about 7 km along the north coast of Bali.
- How to Get There: No metered taxis or chartered cars from the airport will come this far (3-4 hours). Check under Local Transport below for other ways to reach Lovina. Ferries from Java arrive every few minutes at Gilimanuk. From there, take a bus to Singaraja and get off at the traffic light in Kalibukbuk after about 2 hours.
- Handy to: Dolphin tours.
Villa Teman – The Basics
- Guests: Caters almost exclusively to couples of all ages.
- Beach: The beach is about 250m away and is typical of Lovina – gray, gritty, and a little scruffy. Great for sunsets, walks, and snorkeling, less so for swimming or sunbathing.
- Views: Villas are secluded behind walls, so there are no views as such. Windows overlook private gardens.
- Kitchen: Each villa features an open-air but undercover kitchen/living/dining area.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Each villa has a sizable private swimming pool.
- Parking: There are a few free and secure spots available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)852 3919 1607
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: villateman.com
Villa Teman – Amenities
- Pool: Each villa features a private pool, so there is no common pool.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided in this sort of small villa complex in Lovina.
- Other Facilities: Library.
Villa Teman – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: A small villa complex like this is not expected to have a restaurant or bar.
- Breakfast: Included and served daily to the villa.
- Room Service: Only during breakfast.
Villa Teman – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Villas with 2 or 3 bedrooms. • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the premises. Go out to the street for a puff.
- Best Room: Each villa is the same – lovely, spacious, new, and inviting.
- For Families: Villas have 2 or 3 bedrooms, private pools, and spacious kitchen/living/dining areas.
Villa Teman – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Lovina is about 7 km long, but there’s a good amount of facilities within 200m of the villas. The main road is flat, reasonably wide, and comparatively unhurried, making it safe for cycling, especially around the backstreets. Ask the hotel about renting a bike.
- Public Transport: Decrepit buses and bemos (minivans) ply the main road, linking all places within Lovina and also connecting Lovina with Pemuteran, Singaraja, and the turnoff to Banjar. Hardy travelers could also take a ramshackle bus from Singaraja to Denpasar for connections to Sanur, Kuta, and Ubud.
- Shuttle Buses: Once or twice a day, the main island-wide operator, Perama, offers shuttle buses to southern Bali via Ubud but none to Amed. Tickets are available from agencies around the streets. Insist on a hotel pickup because the Perama office is in Anturan, 3 km northeast of the resort. Other local shuttle bus companies offer similar services, which may include Amed.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: There are no metered taxis, so for trips outside of Lovina, arrange a car with a driver from the hotel. A few agencies in Lovina rent cars, but driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended. Motorbikes are easy to arrange and a terrific way to explore the north coast.
Villa Teman – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Jalan Mawar street, about 200m away, is lined with some fabulous options:
- Astina Restaurant – An oldie but goldie, offering a vast menu and inexpensive meals, including pasta, salads, and crepes. Guests can use the playground and pool.
- JB’s Warung Makan – Long-time fave with extensive menu, including rijsttafel (shared plates of local food). Also curries, homemade cheesecakes, and vegetarian meals. Almost at the junction of Jalan Mawar and the access lane to the villas, next to Astina.
- Bintang Bali Restaurant – Pub-style, for watching the sunset and volleyball action in front. Seafood specials and the happiest of happy hours. 250m, facing the beach.
- Semina Restaurant – Friendly and family-run. No views but lovely leafy setting. 350m toward the main road.
Nearby Shops & Markets
- A few minimarts along the main road, otherwise there are only a few places to shop anywhere in Lovina. The morning market spreads onto the main road, about 10 minutes’ walk northeast of the villas.
- Dolphin Tours – These much-hyped (and sometimes disappointing) trips leave daily at dawn. Tourists are often approached by touts and boatmen. Otherwise, book through the hotel.
- Singaraja (10 km) – Bali’s second city features a crumbling colonial-era harbor and mildly-interesting museums. Easily accessible by public transport.
- Banjar (10 km) – Delightful village with fantastic hot springs and Bali’s largest monastery. Take a public bus/minibus west to the turn-off and a motorbike taxi from there. The walk down (3 km) to the main road from either place is very pleasant.