Updated: May 22, 2018
The Westin Sydney – prime location, with luxury and character in historic building.
The Westin offers a range of sumptuous rooms and suites based in and around the old Post Office (which still functions on the ground floor). Most rooms, however, are in the modern tower at the back, allowing full-length windows with extensive city views. The Executive Suites are higher up for superior vistas, while the pick of the bunch, the Martin Place Suite, features a contemporary design and very spacious layout. Within the old three-level building, the Heritage Rooms are more charming, with high ceilings and old-fashioned furnishings, but with the original undersized windows, views are minimal. The overall facilities, such as the pool, spa and gym, are world-class, while the location facing a pedestrian mall in the city centre cannot be faulted.
The Westin Sydney – The Basics
- Location: No. 1 Martin Place, Sydney, probably the poshest address in the city.
- Guests: Mainly caters for business people.
- Pets: Staunchly a ‘pet-free hotel’.
- Views: Nothing much from the Heritage Rooms, but vast city views from most rooms which are in the tower.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Free for all guests throughout the hotel.
- Parking: Self-parking costs A$68 per day; valet parking A$78 per day.
- Phone: 8223 1111
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.westin.com/sydney
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
The Westin Sydney– Amenities
- Pool: Large and inviting.
- Spa: Heavenly Spa by Westin offers massages, facials and loads more.
- Fitness Center: Decent-sized gym. Jogging maps are available and running gear can be hired.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
The Westin Sydney– Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Mosaic is inside the vast historic courtyard. It exudes history and charm, and offers modern Australian cuisine.
- Lounge/Bar: The Bar, Lounge & Room is appropriately named. In the courtyard atrium, it’s ideal for cocktails, light meals and afternoon tea, and features sophisticated music in the evenings.
- Breakfast: Not included. Breakfast can be purchased when booking or separately at the Mosaic Restaurant for A$45.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
The Westin Sydney– Rooms
- Room Types: Tower Rooms • Heritage Rooms • Executive Tower Suites • Martin Place Suites
- Smoking Rooms: By Australian law, smoking is forbidden within hotel buildings.
- Best Room: The spacious Martin Place Suite features a contemporary design and extensive floor-to-ceiling windows on level 31 for optimum views.
The Westin Sydney– What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants& Bars
- Postales Spanish Restaurant and Tapas Bar – in a cellar underneath the hotel, award-winning and popular. 1-minute walk.
- Intermezzo Italian Restaurant – one of many independent cafés in the hotel complex, with handmade pasta and mall-side tables. 1-minute walk.
- Felix – intimate bistro, with French food and wine, and heavenly desserts. 2-minute walk.
- INDU Dining – Indian fusion, with fantastic vibe. 1-minute walk.
- The Bavarian Beerhaüs – German beer, pork knuckles, long happy hours, and entertainment. 14-minute walk.
Several train stations are within a few minutes’ walk.