Who is Santorini Dave?
- My name is Dave.
- I love Santorini. And great hotels. (I have a strong bias for hotels that thrill, surprise, amaze, and delight.)
- Other favorite places: Florence, Amsterdam, Paris, NYC, London, Tulum, Seattle, Bali, Koh Samui, and all the Greek islands.
- I started blogging in January, 2010 on the website My Little Nomads. That site was about traveling the world with kids (I’ve since moved that content to Santorini Dave). I started Santorini Dave in September, 2012. The first month it got 247 visitors. In April, 2018 it got 1.1 million visitors. So, it’s grown.
- I don’t accept advertising, so don’t bother.
- I have a monthly newsletter. It’s fucking awesome. Sometimes. Other times, not so awesome. Subscribe here (and get my free updated travel guides).
- Mistakes? If you see anything that needs correcting I’d love to hear about it: [email protected] – but please: if you have a travel question post it on the website by using the comment box at the bottom of most pages.
- I post the occasional photo or witty ironic remark to Twitter or Instagram or Facebook – but I put most of my time and effort into this site and almost none into social media.
- Music: Beatles, Radiohead, Sigur Ros. Movies: Pulp Fiction, Shakespeare in Love, Before Sunset, Lost In Translation. Books: Pride & Prejudice, Moby Dick, Kim, Middlemarch, English Patient, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.