Who is Santorini Dave?
- My name is Dave.
- I love Santorini. And travel. And great hotels. (I have a bias for hotels that thrill, surprise, amaze, and delight.)
- Other favorite places: Bali, Bangkok, Barcelona, London, Paris, NYC, Tokyo, Tulum, and all the Greek islands.
- I started blogging in January, 2010 on the website My Little Nomads – a site about traveling with kids (I’ve since moved that content to Santorini Dave). I started Santorini Dave in September, 2012. The first month it got 247 visitors. In May, 2018 it got over 1.1 million visitors.
- I don’t accept advertising, so don’t bother.
- I have a monthly newsletter. It’s fucking awesome. Sometimes. Other times, not so awesome. Subscribe here (and get my free travel guides).
- Mistakes? If you see anything that needs correcting I’d love to hear about it: [email protected] – but please: if you have a travel question post it on the website by using the comment box at the bottom of most pages.
- I post the occasional photo or witty ironic remark to Twitter or Instagram or Facebook – but I put most of my time and effort into the website and almost none into social media.
- Music: Beatles, Radiohead, Sigur Ros. Movies: Pulp Fiction, Shakespeare in Love, Before Sunset, Lost In Translation. Books: Pride & Prejudice, Moby Dick, Kim, Middlemarch, English Patient, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.