Ayodya Resort – Traditional design and ambience, with one of Bali’s premier gardens.
Unlike other modern resorts, the Ayodya is old-fashioned (in a good way), tastefully designed, and radiates tradition and charm. The lobby is decorated with several Balinese carvings and statues, and the exceptional gardens feature seemingly endless ponds, swaying palms, lawns edging towards the sea, and an amphitheater for live performances. The broad beach lacks shade but most guests prefer to gather around the huge infinity pool’s ‘islands’ and fountains. Rooms are stylishly furnished with lovely Balinese-style cushions and lampshades and feature balconies/patios facing the gardens, ponds, and/or pools (though none have sea views). Plenty of activities are offered, such as squash, yoga, and cycling, and there’s a playground and kids club for the younger set. Unlike most rivals, the Ayodya is also within walking distance of affordable cafés and shops outside of Nusa Dua.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
Ayodya Resort – The Location
- Area: Faces a glorious beach within an area more spacious and tranquil than the rest of southern Bali. Convenient to most facilities in Nusa Dua.
- Address: Jalan Pantai Mengiat, Nusa Dua. Just south of the Southern Gate to Nusa Dua, a complex of 4 and 5-star resorts and a very popular tourist region in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (13 km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Golf course. Extra facilities outside the Nusa Dua complex.
Ayodya Resort – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well to all, from families to couples of all ages.
- Kids Club: Camp Ananda provides abundant activities, e.g. classes in Indonesian arts & crafts and turtle release (in season). Within a secure and well-supervised environment that includes an outdoor playground.
- Beach: Wide and scenic, with white sand and calm water. A little short, however, and no shade.
- Views: All rooms are 100m+ from the beach and face the gardens, pools, and/or ponds. Some suites overlook a neighboring resort.
- Kitchen: Many suites feature fully-equipped kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: A few suites have plunge pools.
- Extras: Bicycles can be rented and used within the resort grounds.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 771 102
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ayodyaresortbali.com
Ayodya Resort – Amenities
- Pool: Several infinity pools. The main one is extraordinary, featuring islands, fountains, and water spouts.
- Spa: The Spa at The Ayodya offers a more extensive array of treatments than at most resorts.
- Fitness Center: Fully-equipped and very spacious.
- For Families: Lessons in Balinese dance. Traditional performances at the on-site amphitheater (free for guests).
- Activities: Squash court. Yoga. Aerobics. Ping pong. Water-sports.
- Other Facilities: Medical Clinic. Gift shop. Arts/crafts gallery. Business Center.
Ayodya Resort – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Surfer’s Corner – Relaxed position alongside the main pool. Casual meals all day. • Genji – Authentic Japanese fare, featuring teppanyaki. • Octopus Ristorante – Elegant setting but laidback vibe. Italian food and long list of desserts. • Waterfall Restaurant – Focuses on Indonesian cuisine from across the archipelago. Balinese décor and poolside location. Open 24 hours. • Ayodya Beach Club & Grill – Lots of fun during the day; more intimate at night. • Java Hut – Lobby cocktail lounge, nightly vibrant music.
- Breakfast: Not normally included in rates, but this depends on the room and method of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Ayodya Resort – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Honeymoon • Grande • Grande Honeymoon • Ayodya Palace • Ayodya Garden Suite • Rama Shinta Suite • Mandavi Suite • Baratha Suite • Dasaratha Suite • Kausalya Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The ultra-luxurious Kausalya Suites are 5-6 times larger than Deluxe Rooms. Facing the beach, they feature separate living areas, exquisite marble bathrooms, and extended private pools. Plus saunas and 24-hour butler service.
- For Families: All rooms and suites have sofas which can convert to single beds, while many have connecting doors. Suites have 2 bedrooms.
Ayodya Resort – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: It’s often a lot quicker – and certainly more scenic – to walk along the beachside path than the main road through Nusa Dua. This road is flat and comparatively quiet, so it’s ideal for cycling. Ask the reception about renting a bike.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport or shuttle buses around Bali, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Nusa Dua with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali; however, motorbikes are a fun and easy way to get around Nusa Dua and neighboring Tanjung Benoa, but not elsewhere in southern Bali. All transport options can be arranged at the resort.
- Local Shuttle Buses: Free shuttle buses link major hotels in Nusa Dua with the Bali Collection mall (see below). And this is a great way to reach other resorts, beaches, and facilities in Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa.
Ayodya Resort – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Warung Yasa Segara – Just north of the resort beach via the seaside path is a casual, open-air eatery with affordable prices.
- Merusaka Nusa Dua – Several options in the neighboring resort, less than 200m north via the beachside path.
Virtually opposite the main resort entrance is a roundabout with a gate. From there, the road (Jalan Pantai Mengiat) is lined with tempting cafés/bars – many offering free transfer to/from the resort.
- Aglio Ristorante – Lovely shady setting. Focuses on Italian food but more than just pizza and pasta. Also, Balinese food and happy hours.
- Nyoman’s Beer Garden – Lively vibe, pub-style meals, and friendly staff. Also popular for their salad bar.
- Mai-Mai – Pleasant location, congenial bar, and live music.
Additionally, there are many fabulous choices at the Bali Collection mall, less than 1 km via the road or beach from the resort (or take the shuttle bus). These include:
- Coco Bistro – One in a popular island-wide chain. Pleasant courtyard setting; extensive menu, including tasty desserts and Chinese food.
- Gourmet & Café – Charming courtyard setting at the main gate. Seafood, Balinese dishes, and regular live music.
- Bali Collection is a delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua, with department stores, cavernous souvenir shops, and abundant cafés/bars. Less than 1 km from the resort, via the road or beach. Free hourly shuttle bus from the mall.
- The Bali National Golf Club offers 18 challenging holes stretching across either side of the road. The clubhouse is about 600m further south along the road.