by Santorini Dave • Updated: March 29, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Ayodya Resort Bali – Traditional design and ambience, with one of Bali’s premier gardens.
Unlike other modern resorts, the Ayodya is old-fashioned (in a good way), tastefully designed, and radiating tradition and charm. The lobby is decorated with several Balinese carvings and statues, and their exceptional gardens feature seemingly endless ponds, swaying palms, lawns edging towards the sea, and an amphitheater for live performances. The broad beach lacks shade but most guests prefer to gather around the vast infinity pool’s ‘islands’ and fountains. Rooms are stylishly furnished with lovely Balinese-style cushions and lampshades and feature balconies/verandas facing the gardens, ponds, and/or pools (though none have sea views). Plenty of activities are offered, such as squash, yoga, and cycling, and there’s a playground and kids club for the younger set. Unlike most rivals, the Ayodya is also within walking distance of affordable cafés and shops outside of Nusa Dua.
Ayodya Resort Bali – The Location
- Address: Just south of the Southern Gate to Nusa Dua, a complex of 4 and 5-star resorts, and a very popular tourist region in southern Bali.
- Area: Faces a glorious beach within an area more spacious and tranquil than the rest of southern Bali. Convenient to most facilities in Nusa Dua.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (13km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Golf course. Extra facilities outside the Nusa Dua complex.
Ayodya Resort Bali – The Basics
- Guests: Caters well to all, from families to couples of all ages.
- Kids Club: Camp Ananda provides abundant activities, e.g. classes in Indonesian arts & crafts and turtle release (in season). Within a secure and well-supervised environment that includes an outdoor playground.
- Beach: Wide and scenic, with white sand and calm water. A little short, however, and no shade.
- Views: All rooms are 100m+ from the beach and face the gardens, pools, and/or ponds. Some suites overlook a neighboring resort.
- Kitchen: Many suites feature fully-equipped kitchens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: A few suites have plunge pools.
- Extras: Bicycles can be rented and used within the resort grounds.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout the resort for all guests.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spots but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 771 102
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ayodyaresortbali.com
Ayodya Resort Bali – Amenities
- Pool: Several infinity-edge pools. The main one is extraordinary, featuring islands, fountains, and water spouts.
- Spa: The Ayodya Spa by Mandara offers a more extensive array of treatments than at most resorts.
- Fitness Center: Fully-equipped and very spacious.
- For Families: Lessons in Balinese dance. Traditional performances at the on-site amphitheater (free for guests).
- Activities: Squash court. Yoga. Aerobics. Ping pong. Water-sports.
- Other Facilities: Medical Clinic. Gift shop. Arts/crafts gallery. Business Center.
Ayodya Resort Bali – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: • Surfer’s Corner – Relaxed position alongside the main pool. Casual meals all day. • Genji – Authentic Japanese fare, featuring teppanyaki. • Octopus Ristorante – Elegant setting but laidback vibe. Italian food and long list of desserts. • Waterfall Restaurant – Focuses on Indonesian cuisine from across the archipelago. Balinese décor and poolside location. Open 24 hours. • Ayodya Beach Club & Grill – Lots of fun during the day; more intimate at night. • Java Hut – Lobby cocktail lounge, nightly vibrant music.
- Breakfast: Not normally included in rates, but this depends on the room and method of booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Ayodya Resort Bali – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Rooms • Deluxe Honeymoon • Grande • Grande Honeymoon • Ayodya Palace • Ayodya Garden Suites • Rama Shinta Suites • Mandavi Suites • Baratha Suites • Dasaratha Suites • Kausalya Suites
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The ultra-luxurious Kausalya Suites are 5-6 times larger than Deluxe Rooms. Facing the beach, they feature separate living areas, exquisite marble bathrooms, and extended private pools. Plus saunas and 24-hour butler service.
- For Families: All rooms and suites contain sofas which can convert to single beds, while many have connecting doors. Suites have 2 bedrooms.
Ayodya Resort Bali – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: It’s often a lot quicker – and certainly more scenic – to walk along the beachside path than the main road through Nusa Dua. This road is flat and comparatively quiet, so it’s ideal for cycling. Ask the reception about renting a bike.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport or shuttle buses around Bali, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Nusa Dua with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali; however, motorbikes are a fun and easy way to get around Nusa Dua and neighboring Tanjung Benoa but not elsewhere in southern Bali. All transport options can be arranged at the resort.
- Local Shuttle Buses: Free shuttle buses link major hotels in Nusa Dua with the Bali Collection mall (see below). And this is a great way to reach other resorts, beaches, and facilities in Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa.
Ayodya Resort Bali – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
- Warung Yasa Segara – Just north of the resort beach via the seaside path is a casual, open-air eatery with affordable prices. 1-minute walk (100m).
- INAYA Putri – Several options in the neighboring resort, less than 200m north via the beachside path. 2-minute walk.
Virtually opposite the main resort entrance is a roundabout with a gate. From there, the road (Jalan Pantai Mengiat) is lined with tempting cafés/bars – many offering free transfer to/from the resort.
- Aglio Ristorante – Lovely shady setting. Focuses on Italian food but more than just pizza and pasta. Also, Balinese food and happy hours. 6-minute walk (450m)
- Nyoman’s Beer Garden (0)361 775 746 – Lively vibe, pub-style meals, and friendly staff. Also popular for their salad bar. 6-minute walk (450m)
- Mai-Mai (0)361 772 406 – Pleasant location, congenial bar, and live music. 6-minute walk (500m)
Additionally, there are many fabulous choices at the Bali Collection mall, less than 1km via the road or beach from the resort (or take the shuttle bus). These include: