The Best Places to Eat in Tulum
- Best Tacos in Tulum: Taqueria el Carboncito in Tulum Town. Delicious pastor tacos. Only open at night.
- 2nd Best Tacos in Tulum: Antojitos la Chiapaneca (in Town). 3 minutes south of the bus station (on the same side of the street). Great salsa bar. Only open at night.
- 3rd Best Tacos in Tulum: Riviera Costeña (just across from the Scotia Bank). Only open at night.
- Best Lunchtime Tacos in Tulum: All of the above places are only open at night. If you need good tacos through the day go to Tacoqueto.
- Best Italian Restaurant in Tulum: Posada Margherita (Beach Road). Delicious. The best pasta in Tulum.
- Best Restaurant at Tulum Beach: Hartwood (Beach Road). Very popular and widely regarded as the best restaurant in the area. Reservations are recommended at [email protected] Good pics of Hartwood.
- Best Pizza in Tulum: La Onda (Beach Road). Delicious wood oven pizza. The dessert pizza with Nutella is not bad either.
- Best Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant in Tulum: El Vegetariano Mar y Tierra (in Town). The best vegetarian choice around.
- Best Fish Tacos in Tulum: El Capitan (In Town).
- Best Steak Restaurant in Tulum: El Asadero (in Town). Perfectly prepared steak and meats, great for special occasions.
- Best Roasted Chicken in Tulum: Pollo Bronco (In Town). Simple, cheap, delicious. Buy whole, half, or quarter roasted chickens with tortillas, rice, and salsa. Take to go as well.
- Funnest Restaurant/Bar: Mateo’s Mexican Grill (Beach Road). Good food and fun vibe. Hammocks and great views can be found on the upper floors of this treehouse-style of a restaurant. Live music on Monday and Friday nights here and across the road at Zamas.
- Best Place for Live Music: Puro Carazon has live music 5 days a week. On the other 2 days (Monday and Friday) the music is next door at Mateo’s.
- Best Steak Restaurant at the Beach: Casa Banana. (Beach Road)
- Best Coffee in Tulum: Ki ‘bok (In town). Great espresso and insanely friendly staff.