Padma Resort Legian – Massive, traditional, top-notch location, and perfect for families.
A gigantic complex within walking distance of Kuta and Seminyak, this long-established resort is based around lovingly landscaped gardens and features an overall design that is unapologetically Balinese. The spacious and comfortable bungalows (chalets) include wide balconies overlooking thick foliage. Smaller Deluxe Rooms are in motel-style blocks but still pleasingly traditional in design and furnishings – patios on the ground-floor rooms spill out into one of many pools. The beachfront pool appears endless and features elegant wooden decking, plentiful shade, abundant lounge chairs, and one of the most enticing swim-up bars imaginable. Younger ones relish the waterslides at the children’s pool as well as the numerous fun activities at the supervised kids club.
Padma Resort Legian – The Location
- Area: Overlooks a gorgeous beach and the quiet non-vehicle seaside path. Terrific position and unlimited facilities in all directions.
- Address: Jl. Padma No. 1 Legian. The main vehicle entrance is along Jalan Padma, a dead end access road to the beach. In the southern section of Legian, part of the most popular tourist region in Bali. Another entrance faces the beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities in Legian, Kuta, and Seminyak.
Padma Resort Legian – The Basics
- Guests: Primarily for families, so always busy and noisy. May not suit child-free guests seeking relaxation.
- Kids Club: The Wolly Kids Club has spacious areas inside and out and is supervised and engaging. Plenty of activities, including yoga, snorkeling, turtle-feeding, and lessons in Indonesian (Bahasa) language. Alongside is the Games Center with numerous games, toys, and computers.
- Beach: Directly faces (across a path) a wide, clean beach. Plenty of shade and drink stalls on the white sand. Waves are often more suitable for surfing, however, so be careful and swim between the flags.
- Kitchens: Only the Presidential Suites feature kitchens.
- Views: A few rooms face the sea but any possible views are distant and/or obstructed. Almost all accommodations face the gardens and/or pools.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The patios attached to some of the newer ground-level rooms open out to the common pool. The Presidential Suites feature private pools.
- Parking: Limited free and secure parking available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 752 111
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: padmaresortlegian.com
Padma Resort Legian – Amenities
- Pool: The pools seem endless. The main one is shady, faces the sea, and offers a wooden deck and one of the finest swim-up bars imaginable. Also, special swimming areas for children and a dedicated Family Pool with 3 waterslides.
- Spa: The spa offers a decent range of luxurious treatments using special products.
- Fitness Center: Large and well-equipped, including a sauna and steam room. Yoga classes and personal trainers also available.
- For Families: Playground. Games Center. Baby-sitting. Children’s pool with waterslides. Special children’s menus in the restaurants.
- Activities: Tennis court. Water aerobics. Ball games in the pools. Yoga classes. Cooking lessons.
- Other Facilities: ‘Departure lounge’ (for arrival before check-in or late flights home). Boutique. Business Center.
Padma Resort Legian – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Tenkai Japanese Restaurant – Classy décor and contemporary cuisine. Often buffets but only open for dinner. • DONBIU – Buffet breakfasts and themed dinners (closed at lunch). Popular among families for live music and/or traditional dance shows nightly. • The Deli – Casual indoor and garden setting for coffee, cakes, ice-cream, and snacks.
- Bars: S.K.A.I. Beach Club – Lounge chairs, umbrellas, and pool facing the beach on an elevated platform for maximum views. All-day tapas, pastas, pizzas, and vegetarian meals. DJs and bands at night. • The Barong Pool Bar & Café – Bright setting alongside the pool. Popular with kids for the variety of junk food. • Seruni Sunken Pool Bar – One of the finest of its kind in Bali. Large enough for meals and regular live music.
- Breakfast: Usually included but double-check when booking.
- Room Service: Available 24/7.
Padma Resort Legian – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room • Deluxe Lagoon View Room • New Deluxe Chalet • Premier Room • Family Room • New Garden Club Chalet • Lagoon Access Room • Junior Suite • Studio Suite • 1-Bedroom Balcony Suite • 2-Bedroom Balcony Suite • New Deluxe Suite • Presidential Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Presidential Suites are very spacious and luxurious, featuring 3 bedrooms, separate living areas with bars and kitchens, swimming pools, and private butler service.
- For Families: Most rooms have space for an extra single bed and some of the larger suites feature 2 bedrooms. Presidential Suites can even accommodate 9. Best are the Family Rooms, with twin bunk beds in separate bedrooms (and another bathroom) that can accommodate 5. These are in the separate Family Block alongside the dedicated family pool.
Padma Resort Legian – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walkable to everything that Legian and Kuta have to offer. Cycling on the path alongside Legian Beach is great fun. Ask the hotel about bike rental.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Kuta/Legian with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, organize a chartered car with driver (for a negotiable fare). Drivers hang about street corners but it’s best to organize through the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali and renting one in Kuta/Legian is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Kuta and Legian, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, provides services all over Bali from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, about 2.5 km south of the hotel.
Padma Resort Legian – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Places listed below are within 150m east along Jalan Padma, heading away from the beach.
- Mamma Maurici – Slice of Rome with wrought-iron balcony, checkered tablecloths, and variety of pizzas and pasta.
- Fat Bowl – Very popular for its focus on healthy food and drinks. Trendy music late into the night.
- Makan Place – Corner position with impressive traditional design. Patrons come back regularly for the attentive service and exquisite food.
- Asian Spice Bali – Tasty and eclectic menu of delights from across the continent. Look for the rickshaw in front.
- Posers Pub – Perfect corner setting for pub-style meals, people-watching, and meeting new friends.
- The main shopping street is Jalan Legian, about 500m east of the hotel via Jalan Padma. A more congregated and varied selection of places to eat, drink, and shop in comfort is at the world-class Beachwalk Shopping Center. South along the beachside road in Kuta, about 1.5 km on foot.