by Santorini Dave • Updated: November 25, 2018
• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All links to Booking on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
Barcelona Hotels for Families – Tips & Recommendations
- Barcelona is a popular year-round destination so be sure to book hotels in advance for any time of year (but especially June through September).
- Booking.com – great website for finding hotel deals in Barcelona.
- Best Barcelona Hotels for Families: Aparthotel Arai (small rooftop pool, great central location near restaurants, shops, and squares) • Eurostars Grand Marina (large family suites, nice pool)
- Best Cheap Barcelona Hotels for Families: Hostal Abrevadero • Hostal Benidorm
- Barcelona Family Hotels with Pool: Aparthotel Arai • Grand Hotel Central • Hotel SB Icaria • Hotel Andante • Catalonia Plaza Cataluna • Duquesa de Cardona
- The Private Cooking Class and Market Tour (near the awesome La Boqueria Market) is perfect for groups or families – easily tailored to your preferences or dietary requirements.
The 7 Best Kid Friendly Hotels in Barcelona
Aparthotel Arai (luxury) – near La Rambla
Luxury boutique hotel set in a restored 18th century palace in the heart of Barcelona’s historic Gothic Quarter featuring exquisite family rooms (sleeps family of 4) with parquet floors, exposed stone walls, high vaulted ceilings with wooden beams, lovely porcelain decorated headboards, sofa beds, mini-bars, bathtubs/showers, fully-equipped kitchens (cooking hobs & fridges) and balconies with Plaza/street views. Also has exclusive suites (up to 4 people) that add 2 private terraces with jacuzzis, sitting/dining areas, sofa beds, and city skyline views. Has a restaurant, Barcelona’s first Peruvian bar, sauna and terrace with an outdoor swimming pool and solarium. Key attractions, restaurants, antique & crafts shops are within easy walking distance. Hotel Phone: +34 933 203950
Eurostars Grand Marina (luxury) – Barceloneta
Minimalistic seafront hotel resembling a transatlantic cruise ship, set in Port Vell, featuring contemporary executive suites (family of 4) with lots of natural light, bathrooms with jacuzzi bathtubs, living/dining areas, mini-bars and private terraces. Great location with shopping and more, a short stroll away and a hop on/hop off bus stop right outside. Hotel Phone: +34 93 6039000
Hotel Colon Barcelona (moderate) – Ciutat Vella
Brilliantly located neoclassic hotel, set right across the square from the Barcelona cathedral, close to the Gothic Quarter, featuring bright, comfortable Junior suites (up to 4 people) with sitting areas, balconies, bathtubs, Nespresso coffee machines, mini-bars and balconies with impressive Cathedral views. Within easy walking distance of attractions, the port, restaurants, markets, boutique shops etc. Hotel Phone: +34 93 3011404
Catalonia Ramblas (moderate) – El Raval
Four star hotel, close to Catalunya square offering elegant family rooms (sleeps family of 5) with bunk beds, sofa beds, tea/coffee facilities and mini-bars. There’s a metro station nearby and the Gothic neighbourhood is within easy walking distance. Hotel Phone: +34 93 3168400
Citadines Barcelona Ramblas (moderate) – El Barri Gotic
Next to the fun and famous Las Ramblas Boulevard, this Mediterranean-inspired aparthotel features spacious, modern 1-bedroom apartments (up to 4 people) with double sofa beds and kitchenettes (dishwashers, cooking hobs, fridges). Vibrant location with plenty of food vendors, cafes, restaurants, shops and more and attractions like the Galileo Galilei statue within easy walking distance. Hotel Phone: +34 932701111
Grand Hotel Central (moderate) – Sant Pere
Fabulous, Art Deco-style, 5-star hotel featuring attractive suites and grand suites (up to 4 people) with included breakfast, media hubs, mini-bars, Nespresso coffee machines, deep-soaking bathtubs, high ceilings and ancient city wall views. Grand suites add kitchenettes & Gothic quarter views with the option to connect to more rooms for larger families. Hotel has a super trendy skybar and a fantastic rooftop infinity pool with excellent views. Awesome location beside the Barcelona Cathedral close to museums, the boulevard, restaurants & tapas bars etc. Hotel Phone: +34 932 957900
Turin Hotel (moderate) – El Raval
Good value for money hotel in an excellent city center location (just off La Rambla) with small, clean, quadruple family rooms (up to 4 people) with parquet floors and bathtubs. (No tea/coffee facilities). Plenty of shops, restaurants around and within walking distance of museums and attractions. Hotel Phone: +34 933024812
More Hotels for Families in Barcelona
- Gran Hotel La Florida
Family rooms have 2 twin beds and 1 king bed.
- Hotel SB Icaria Barcelona
Large family and triple rooms. Nice outdoor pool.
- Hotel Ramblas Barcelona
Good value hotel. Large triples and quads.
- Hotel Andante
Good sized triple and family rooms.
- Royal Ramblas Hotel
Large family rooms. Interconnecting rooms available.
- Catalonia Plaza Cataluna
Large family rooms available. Nice outdoor pool.
• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for reserving hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when planning a trip). It’s reliable, easy to use, and consistently has the best rates. All links to Booking from my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using my links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
Family Apartments in Barcelona
Apartment rentals for families in Barcelona. All units are centrally located and have kitchens. Most have washer/dryer and free-wifi.
- Central Barcelonastuff Apartments
2-bedroom apartment with 2 double beds and a sofa bed for family of 6
- BCN Apartments 41
Luxurious two and three bedroom apartments for families of 4 to 6
- Catedral Bas Apartments
1-bedroom apartments for family of 4, 2-bedroom apartments sleep families of 5 or 6
- Home to Home Barcelona
Large 1 and 2-bedroom apartments for families of 4 to 6
- Rambla Beach Barcelonastuff Apartments
Beautiful 3-bedroom apartments for families of 6
- The Lonely Chimney Apartments
Cheap two-bedroom apartment for family of 5 or 6
- Barcelona Travel Guide
- Barcelona with Kids
- Best Time To Visit Barcelona
- Best Restaurants in Barcelona
- Best Things To Do in Barcelona
- Best Places to Stay in Barcelona
- Best Luxury Hotels in Barcelona
- Best Cheap Hotels in Barcelona
- Amsterdam – The Very Best Hotels
- Athens – The Very Best Hotels
- Dublin – The Very Best Hotels
- Florence – The Very Best Hotels
- Istanbul – The Very Best Hotels
- Lisbon – The Very Best Hotels
- London – The Very Best Hotels
- Madrid – The Very Best Hotels
- Naples – The Very Best Hotels
- Paris – The Very Best Hotels
- Prague – The Very Best Hotels
- Reykjavik – The Very Best Hotels
- Rome – The Very Best Hotels
- Venice – The Very Best Hotels