Best Family Hotels in Barcelona
Barcelona Family Hotels – Tips & Advice
- My Favorite Barcelona Hotels for Families: Grand Hotel Central (nice pool, great location) • Aparthotel Arai (small rooftop pool, great central location near restaurants, shops, and squares) • Eurostars Grand Marina (large family suites, nice pool)
- Best Cheap Barcelona Hotel for Families: Apartaments Ciutat Vella
- Barcelona Family Hotels with Pool: Aparthotel Arai • Grand Hotel Central • SB Icaria • Andante • Catalonia Plaza Cataluna • Duquesa de Cardona • Eurostars Grand Marina
- The Market to Fork Cooking Class (near the awesome La Boqueria Market) is perfect for groups or families – easily tailored to your preferences or dietary requirements.
The 8 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Barcelona
1. Grand Hotel Central (luxury) – El Born
Hotel Phone: +34 932 957900
Fabulous, Art Deco-style, 5-star hotel featuring attractive suites and grand suites (family of 4) with included breakfast, mini-bars, Nespresso coffee machines, deep-soaking bathtubs, high ceilings and ancient city wall views. Grand suites add kitchenettes & Gothic quarter views with the option to connect to more rooms for larger families. Hotel has a trendy skybar and a fantastic rooftop infinity pool with excellent views. Awesome location beside the Barcelona Cathedral close to museums, the boulevard, restaurants & tapas bars.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Grand Hotel Central
2. Aparthotel Arai (luxury) – near La Rambla
Hotel Phone: +34 933 203950
Luxury boutique hotel set in a restored 18th century palace in the heart of Barcelona’s historic Gothic Quarter featuring exquisite family rooms (sleeps family of 4) with parquet floors, exposed stone walls, high vaulted ceilings with wooden beams, lovely porcelain decorated headboards, sofa beds, mini-bars, bathtubs/showers, fully-equipped kitchens (cooking hobs & fridges) and balconies with Plaza/street views. Also has exclusive suites (up to 4 people) that add 2 private terraces with jacuzzis, sitting/dining areas, sofa beds, and city skyline views. Has a restaurant, Barcelona’s first Peruvian bar, sauna, and terrace with an outdoor swimming pool and solarium. Key attractions, restaurants, antique & crafts shops are within easy walking distance.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Aparthotel Arai
3. Eurostars Grand Marina (luxury) – Barceloneta
Hotel Phone: +34 93 6039000
Minimalistic seafront hotel resembling a transatlantic cruise ship, set in Port Vell, featuring contemporary executive suites (family of 4) with lots of natural light, bathrooms with jacuzzi bathtubs, living/dining areas, mini-bars and private terraces. Great location with shopping and more, a short stroll away and a hop on/hop off bus stop right outside.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Eurostars Grand Marina
4. Colón Hotel (midrange) – Ciutat Vella
Hotel Phone: +34 93 3011404
Brilliantly located neoclassic hotel, set right across the square from the Barcelona cathedral, close to the Gothic Quarter, featuring bright, comfortable Junior suites (up to 4 people) with sitting areas, balconies, bathtubs, Nespresso coffee machines, mini-bars and balconies with impressive Cathedral views. Within easy walking distance of attractions, the port, restaurants, markets, boutique shops etc.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Colón Hotel
5. Catalonia Ramblas (midrange) – El Raval
Hotel Phone: +34 93 3168400
Four star hotel, close to Catalunya square offering elegant family rooms (sleeps family of 5) with bunk beds, sofa beds, tea/coffee facilities and mini-bars. There’s a metro station nearby and the Gothic neighbourhood is within easy walking distance.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Catalonia Ramblas
6. Citadines Ramblas (midrange) – El Barri Gotic
Hotel Phone: +34 932701111
Next to the fun and famous Las Ramblas Boulevard, this Mediterranean-inspired aparthotel features spacious, modern 1-bedroom apartments (up to 4 people) with double sofa beds and kitchenettes (dishwashers, cooking hobs, fridges). Vibrant location with plenty of food vendors, cafes, restaurants, shops and more and attractions like the Galileo Galilei statue within easy walking distance.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Citadines Ramblas
7. Turin (midrange) – El Raval
Hotel Phone: +34 933024812
Good value for money hotel in an excellent city center location (just off La Rambla) with small, clean, quadruple family rooms (up to 4 people) with parquet floors and bathtubs. (No tea/coffee facilities). Plenty of shops, restaurants around and within walking distance of museums and attractions.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Turin
8. Apartments Sixtyfour (midrange) – Eixample
Hotel Phone: +34 648182597
Outstanding family-friendly apartments in a great central location. Large one, two, and three bedroom suites (family of 6 or more) have full kitchen, dining area, and living room.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Apartments Sixtyfour
More Hotels for Families in Barcelona
- SB Icaria
Large family and triple rooms. Nice outdoor pool.
Good sized triple and family rooms.
- Royal Ramblas
Large family rooms. Interconnecting rooms available.
- Catalonia Plaza Catalunya
Large family rooms available. Nice outdoor pool.
Family Apartments in Barcelona
Apartment rentals for families in Barcelona. All units are centrally located and have kitchens. Most have washer/dryer and parking.
- Barcelonastuff Apartments (Rambla Beach)
Beautiful 3-bedroom apartments for families of 6
- BCN Apartments 41
Luxurious two and three bedroom apartments for families of 4 to 6
- Catedral Bas Apartments
1-bedroom apartments for family of 4, 2-bedroom apartments sleep families of 5 or 6
- Home to Home Barcelona
Large 1 and 2-bedroom apartments for families of 4 to 6
- The Lonely Chimney Apartments
Cheap two-bedroom apartment for family of 5 or 6
- Where to Stay in Barcelona
- Barcelona Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Barcelona
- Best Budget Hotels in Barcelona
- Best Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
- Barcelona Airport Hotels & Transportation
- Best Tours & Things to Do in Barcelona
- Best Restaurants in Barcelona
- Best Bars in Barcelona
- Best Barcelona Tapas Bars
- Best Barcelona Shops & Markets
- Barcelona with Kids
- Barcelona Ferry Guide
- Best Time to Visit Barcelona