• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
The 4 Best Hotels in Sydney
This sophisticated high-rise is set within the old Treasury Building. Rooms are similar, with only the layout and views differing. Some offer vast panoramas of the iconic Harbour Bridge and/or Opera House. The large indoor pool isn’t so inviting, but the Health Club gym, spa and sauna are better than most. It is convenient to the city centre and transport hub at Circular Quay.
Hotel Phone: 9253 9000
Lovingly restored along an old wharf, this hotel features the original beams and walls, as well as ironwork along the ceiling. All rooms are colourfully decorated, with contemporary furnishings, while the narrow Loft features a separate lounge area and is useful for families. All rooms offer views of the harbour, and the indoor pool is particularly appealing.
Hotel Phone: 9331 9000
Built within a converted warehouse on a pier almost underneath the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge, this hotel maintains the original structures, so rooms contain wooden beams, ironwork across the ceilings and undersized windows. The standard rooms offer an ambiance rarely experienced in city-center high-rises, but more color is needed. It’s within a short stroll of The Rocks (for cafés), Circular Quay (for transport) and the Sydney Opera House.
Hotel Phone: 8298 9777
The old-world charm is immediately evident and maintained throughout. The Superior Rooms feature lovely antique furniture and plush curtains, while the spacious Deluxe Rooms contain an inspirational desk and gorgeous bathroom. The small outdoor pool and courtyard alongside are more welcoming than others and the opulent guests’ lounge resembles a film set. And all this is in the city center, surrounded by shops, cafés, theatres, and parks.
Hotel Phone: 8274 5444
All Sydney Hotel Reviews
- The Westin Sydney
- Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour Hotel
- Sir Stamford Circular Quay Hotel
- Simpsons of Potts Point Hotel
- The Sebel Manly Beach
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- QT Sydney
- Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square
- Novotel Sydney Darling Harbour
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- The McLaren Hotel
- The Langham Sydney
- InterContinental Sydney
- The Hughenden Boutique Hotel
- Establishment Hotel
- Hotel Bondi