Home > Best Vancouver Hotels
Updated: May 13, 2020
Vancouver Hotels – Tips and Advice
- Where To Stay in Vancouver: Vancouver is blessed with a dozen or more cool neighborhoods. But for the first time visitor with less than a week to explore, the primary focus of their stay should focus on the following areas: West End, Coal Harbour, Yaletown, False Creek, and Kitsilano. The downtown peninsula is composed of three of these neighborhoods: the West End (the area close to Stanley Park), Coal Harbour (the waterfront just north of the West End), and Yaletown (the eastern end of the downtown peninsula). It’s in these downtown neighborhoods that most visitors will want to stay. Across the water to the south of downtown are Kitsilano and False Creek. Both gorgeous and inviting areas but with few hotels. The False Creek Aquabus connects many points in the West End, Yaletown, Kitsilano, and False Creek.
- Best Luxury Hotels in Vancouver: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver • Rosewood Hotel Georgia • Shangri-La
- Best Boutique Hotels in Vancouver: Opus Hotel • Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
- Best Honeymoon Hotel in Vancouver: Granville Island Hotel
- Best Hotel for Families in Vancouver: Westin Grand Vancouver
The 3 Best Hotels in Vancouver
- Click the hotel name to check prices on Booking.com – my favorite website for booking hotels. Book 4 to 6 months in advance for the best rooms and rates.
A very good hotel in a wonderful location on Granville Island. The huge Granville island market is steps away. The Aquabus leaves every few minutes for downtown, Stanley Park, and other spots around False Creek. And the pedestrian and bike path goes right by the hotel and runs all the way to Stanley Park. Kayak and paddleboard rentals are available from many nearby businesses. The Granville Island Hotel is not quite as luxurious as the Fairmont or Rosewood but if your goal is to experience the outdoors it can’t be beat.
A classic luxury hotel with a great central location. Elegant decor, onsite luxury shopping, and fabulous indoor pool and fitness center. Family and pet-friendly too, with nightly milk and cookies for kids and a concierge with canine ambassadors. The Fairmont is located just around the corner from Robson Street shopping and restaurants, within easy walking distance of all downtown attractions.
Centrally-located and newly-renovated, but retaining plenty of old-world charm. Spacious and elegant guest rooms feature great luxury extras like heated bathroom floors and Nespresso machines. Deluxe rooms and above have large soaking tubs. Full-treatment spa, beautiful garden terrace, excellent restaurant, and indoor saltwater lap pool. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, across from the Art Gallery, Pacific Centre, and Skytrain.
- The Best Hotels for Families in Vancouver
- The Best Budget Hotels in Vancouver
- Vancouver with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit Vancouver
- The Best Hotels in Banff
- The Best Hotels for Families in Banff
- Where To Stay in Banff
- The Best Hotels in Calgary
- Where To Stay in Calgary
- The Best Hotels in Osoyoos
- The Best Hotels in Sun Peaks
- The Best Hotels for Families in Victoria
- The Best Hotels for Families in Whistler
- The Best Places To Visit near Seattle