by Santorini Dave • Updated: November 30, 2018
• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
Vancouver Hotels – Tips and Advice
- Booking.com – the best site for booking Vancouver hotels.
- Best Luxury Hotels in Vancouver: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver • Rosewood Hotel Georgia • Four Seasons • Shangri-La
- Best Boutique Hotels in Vancouver: Opus Hotel • Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
- Best Hotels for Families in Vancouver: Four Seasons • Westin Grand Vancouver
- Where To Stay in Vancouver: Downtown Vancouver (walking distance to Stanley Park, nightlife, and shopping) is the best neighborhood to stay for visitors to Vancouver.
The 3 Best Hotels in Vancouver
A classic luxury hotel with a great central location. Elegant decor, onsite luxury shopping, and fabulous indoor pool and fitness center. Family and pet-friendly too, with nightly milk and cookies for kids and a concierge with canine ambassadors. The Fairmont is located just around the corner from Robson Street shopping and restaurants, within easy walking distance of all downtown attractions.
Centrally-located and newly-renovated, but retaining plenty of old-world charm. Spacious and elegant guest rooms feature great luxury extras like heated bathroom floors and Nespresso machines. Deluxe rooms and above have large soaking tubs. Full-treatment spa, beautiful garden terrace, excellent restaurant, and indoor saltwater lap pool. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, across from the Art Gallery, Pacific Centre, and Skytrain.
3. Four Seasons
30-story luxury hotel atop downtown Vancouver’s Pacific Centre Mall. Rooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, with lovely views out over the city and mountains. The 2-story Royal Suite has floor-to-ceiling windows and a dining table for 8. The heated indoor/outdoor swimming pool is fun, and there’s an excellent in-house restaurant. The Four Seasons is kid-friendly and has a great central location that’s convenient to everything downtown, adjacent to the Skytrain.