My Favorite Hotels in Vancouver
• Best Hotel: Rosewood Georgia
• Boutique Hotel: Opus
• Cheap Hotel: Burrard
• Family Hotel: Hilton
• Hotel Pool: Pan Pacific
• Near Cruise Port: Fairmont Pacific Rim
• Near Stanley Park: English Bay Inn
• Near Rogers Arena: Hotel BLU
• Near BC Place: Douglas
• Best New Hotel: Paradox
Vancouver Hotels – Tips & Advice
- Where To Stay in Vancouver: Vancouver is blessed with a dozen or more cool neighborhoods. But for the first time visitor with less than a week to explore, the primary focus of their stay should focus on the following areas: West End, Coal Harbour, Yaletown, False Creek, and Kitsilano. The downtown peninsula is composed of three of these neighborhoods: the West End (the area close to Stanley Park), Coal Harbour (the waterfront just north of the West End), and Yaletown (the eastern end of the downtown peninsula). It’s in these downtown neighborhoods that most visitors will want to stay. Across the water to the south of downtown are Kitsilano and False Creek. Both gorgeous and inviting areas but with few hotels. The False Creek Aquabus connects many points in the West End, Yaletown, Kitsilano, and Granville Island.
- Best Luxury Hotels in Vancouver: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver • Rosewood Hotel Georgia • Shangri-La
- Best Boutique Hotels in Vancouver: Opus • Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
- Best Honeymoon Hotel in Vancouver: Granville Island Hotel
- Best Hotel for Families in Vancouver: Hilton Vancouver Downtown
The 7 Best Hotels in Vancouver
Centrally-located and newly-renovated – but retaining plenty of old-world charm. Spacious and elegant guest rooms feature great luxury extras like heated bathroom floors and Nespresso machines. Deluxe rooms and above have large soaking tubs. Full-treatment spa, beautiful garden terrace, excellent restaurant, and indoor saltwater lap pool. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, across from the Art Gallery, Pacific Centre, and Skytrain.
A classic luxury hotel with a great central location. Elegant decor, onsite luxury shopping, and fabulous indoor pool and fitness center. Family and pet-friendly too, with nightly milk and cookies for kids and a concierge with canine ambassadors. The Fairmont is located just around the corner from the shopping, nightlife, and restaurants of Robson Street and within easy walking distance of all downtown attractions.
Stylish 5-star hotel with a great location near shopping and restaurants. Nice outdoor pool and jacuzzi. I love the breakfasts here.
Trendy and fun hotel with one of the friendliest staffs I’ve ever encountered (even if they make a few more mistakes than is typical at a luxury hotel). Karma Lounge is on the ground floor directly off Georgia Street and makes for a DJ thumping introduction to the hotel’s chic vibe.
The best hotel near the Vancouver cruise terminal and steps from arriving and departing ships. Downtown shopping is still within an easy walk and the charming Gaslamp district is nearby as well.
Located in Vancouver’s foodie neighborhood of Yaletown. Great restaurants, cafes, and breweries are just out the door. Two and three bedroom suites are great for groups and families.
A charming hotel in a wonderful location on Granville Island. The huge Granville Island Market is steps away. The Aquabus leaves from the dock just behind the hotel every few minutes for downtown, Stanley Park, and other spots around False Creek. And the pedestrian and bike path goes right by the hotel and runs all the way to Stanley Park. Kayak and paddleboard rentals are available from many nearby businesses. The Granville Island Hotel is not quite as luxurious as the Fairmont or Rosewood but if your goal is to experience the outdoors it can’t be beat.
- Where to Stay in Vancouver
- Best Hotels for Families in Vancouver
- Best Budget Hotels in Vancouver
- Vancouver Airport Hotels
- Vancouver with Kids
- Best Time to Visit Vancouver
- Best Hotels in Banff
- Best Hotels for Families in Banff
- Where To Stay in Banff
- Best Hotels in Calgary
- Where To Stay in Calgary
- Best Hotels in Osoyoos
- Best Hotels in Sun Peaks
- Best Hotels in Toronto
- Best Hotels for Families in Toronto
- Best Budget Hotels in Toronto
- Best Things to Do in Toronto
- Toronto with Kids
- Best Time to Visit Toronto
- Best Hotels in Victoria
- Best Hotels for Families in Victoria
- Best Hotels for Families in Whistler