Get updates & free travel guides – Subscribe here
by Santorini Dave • Updated: November 25, 2018
• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
See Also: The Best Hotels in Vancouver
The 5 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Vancouver, BC
1. The Four Seasons Hotel (luxury)
The Four Seasons knows how to make kids feel pampered with their child-sized robes, kid-friendly amenities, and the treats that greet them upon arrival. They also boast an amazing Playzone Game Room with board games, DVD’s, foosball, ping-pong tables, and the latest in video games like PlayStation and XBox. Rooms are large and there is a wonderful indoor/outdoor pool with hot tub. A central location a close to the shops of Robson Street and within walking distance of Gastown, Yaletown, and Stanley Park.
2. Westin Grand Vancouver (moderate)
The rooms are large, beautifully appointed, and all have a full kitchenette. Kids get a special welcome gift upon arrival. A great outdoor in pool is heated to a comfortable 83 degrees (29 degrees Celsius). The Robson Street location makes shopping and an array of dining choices steps away. Rogers Arena and BC Place are within easy walking distance making it great for concerts and hockey and football games.
3. Auberge Vancouver Hotel (moderate)
This is a great value hotel with a nice pool and large suites with kitchens and living rooms and separate bedroom for the parents. The location is central with much of downtown Vancouver within easy walking distance (though the street that the hotel is on can feel deserted at night).
4. Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites (budget)
Located in the trendy West End, this recently upgraded property provides comfort in over-sized guest rooms and suites. Shopping, dining, Stanley Park, and beaches are close by. Although the heated pool is located in the basement it’s a good size. Badminton rackets and birdies are on loan for those who’d like to play on the patio garden. Sand pails, frisbees, and tennis rackets can be borrowed to make a visit to English Bay or Stanley Park.
5. Fairmont Vancouver Airport (luxury)
I usually don’t recommend airport hotels as a place to stay but this is such a wonderful hotel: pool, hot tub, incredible views, and great breakfast that I’m making an exception. It’s located right in the international terminal and is a short walk to the Skytrain which can have you downtown in 20 minutes. Or sit in your room and watch planes land and takeoff. If you’re in Vancouver for 3 nights or more you wouldn’t want to stay out by the airport, but if your visit is just a night or two and you’re arriving and departing by plane this is a great choice.