Home > Vancouver Family Hotels
Updated: November 1, 2019
• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
The 6 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Vancouver, BC
- Click the hotel name to check prices on Booking.com – my favorite website for booking hotels. Book 4 to 6 months in advance for the best rooms and rates.
1. The Four Seasons Hotel (luxury)
The Four Seasons knows how to make kids feel pampered with their child-sized robes, kid-friendly amenities, and the treats that greet them upon arrival. They also boast an amazing Playzone Game Room with board games, DVD’s, foosball, ping-pong tables, and the latest in video games like PlayStation and XBox. Rooms are large and there is a wonderful indoor/outdoor pool with hot tub. A central location a close to the shops of Robson Street and within walking distance of Gastown, Yaletown, and Stanley Park.
2. Granville Island Hotel (moderate)
Awesome location on Granville Island surrounded by parks, playgrounds, water, and a bike-pedestrian path. The wonderful Granville Island market is nearby and the Aquabus (a tug boat sized commuter boat for getting around False Creek) leaves every few minutes for downtown, Stanley Park, and the kid-friendly Science Centre. This is a wonderful hotel and location for families.
3. Westin Grand Vancouver (moderate)
The rooms are large, beautifully appointed, and all have a full kitchenette. Kids get a special welcome gift upon arrival. A great outdoor in pool is heated to a comfortable 83 degrees (29 degrees Celsius). The Robson Street location makes shopping and an array of dining choices steps away. Rogers Arena and BC Place are within easy walking distance making it great for concerts and hockey and football games.
4. Auberge Vancouver Hotel (moderate)
This is a great value hotel with a nice pool and large suites with kitchens and living rooms and separate bedroom for the parents. The location is central with much of downtown Vancouver within easy walking distance (though the street that the hotel is on can feel deserted at night).
5. Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites (budget)
Located in the trendy West End, this recently upgraded property provides comfort in over-sized guest rooms and suites. Shopping, dining, Stanley Park, and beaches are close by. Although the heated pool is located in the basement it’s a good size. Badminton rackets and birdies are on loan for those who’d like to play on the patio garden. Sand pails, frisbees, and tennis rackets can be borrowed to make a visit to English Bay or Stanley Park.
6. Fairmont Vancouver Airport (luxury)
I usually don’t recommend airport hotels as a place to stay but this is such a wonderful hotel: pool, hot tub, incredible views, and great breakfast that I’m making an exception. It’s located right in the international terminal and is a short walk to the Skytrain which can have you downtown in 20 minutes. Or sit in your room and watch planes land and takeoff. If you’re in Vancouver for 3 nights or more you wouldn’t want to stay out by the airport, but if your visit is just a night or two and you’re arriving and departing by plane this is a great choice.
More Hotels in Vancouver with Large Family Rooms & Suites
- The Best Hotels in Vancouver
- The Best Budget Hotels in Vancouver
- Vancouver with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit Vancouver
- The Best Hotels in Banff
- The Best Hotels for Families in Banff
- The Best Places to Stay in Banff
- The Best Hotels in Calgary
- The Best Places to Stay in Calgary
- The Best Hotels for Families in Montreal
- The Best Hotels in Osoyoos
- The Best Hotels for Families in Quebec City
- The Best Hotels in Sun Peaks
- The Best Hotels in Toronto
- The Best Hotels for Families in Toronto
- The Best Budget Hotels in Toronto
- The Best Things to Do in Toronto
- Toronto with Kids
- The Best Time to Visit Toronto
- The Best Hotels for Families in Victoria
- The Best Hotels for Families in Whistler