Akah Cottage – Traditional-style cottages convenient to two splendid beaches.
New and already immensely popular, the six cottages are separated and face a cute garden, with the pool only meters away. Each cottage is tastefully designed with a thatched or tiled roof, open-air shower, floorboards, and wooden balcony on which breakfast is served. It’s close enough to hear the crashing waves of Sunset Beach and Dream Beach, which are both stunning to look at but terrifying to swim in. The cottages are, however, remote: guests would need to rent a motorbike to reach the safer beach at Mushroom Bay and to Jungutbatu, which has the best selection of shops and cafés and the port for speedboats to/from Bali.
Akah Cottage – The Location
- Area: In a remote area with only a few other low-key hotels/restaurants nearby and a primary school right opposite.
- Address: Devil’s Tear Street, Lembongan Island. At Dream Beach on the island of Nusa Lembongan, about 40 minutes by speedboat from Bali (or longer from the Gili Islands).
- How to Get There: The only way to reach Nusa Lembongan island is by speedboat from Sanur or Padangbai in Bali, often with connections to the Gili Islands. Compare schedules and book online. Most boats arrive at Jungutbatu, the main village, so contact the hotel about transfers. And note: getting on/off these speedboats often involves wading through the water (many times at least knee-deep).
- Handy to: Dream Beach. Sunset Beach.
Akah Cottage – The Basics
- Guests: The seclusion and quaint setting appeals almost exclusively to couples of all ages.
- Beach: About 200m from Dream Beach, which is beautiful to look at but terrifying to swim in because of the waves and undertows. And only 500m from Sunset Beach, which is also attractive, but less scary for swimming.
- Views: All cottages face the access path and gardens.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected at this small hotel on Nusa Lembongan.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)812 3757 7666
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: facebook
Akah Cottage – Amenities
- Pool: Small but adequate pool. Anyone can use the pool and other facilities at the Dream Beach Huts for a minimal fee.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of hotel on Nusa Lembongan.
- Activities: Bicycle rental.
Akah Cottage – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: The simple café at the lobby also offers packed lunches for day trips.
- Breakfast: Included and served to guests on the patios of their cottages.
- Room Service: Not available or expected at this sort of low-key hotel.
Akah Cottage – Rooms
- Room Types: Cottages (called Standard Double Rooms) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed anywhere near the wooden cottages or in the public areas. Best to head out onto the street.
- Best Room: All cottages are identical. The quietest ones are those at the back, furthest from the lobby, restaurant, and pool.
- For Families: Possible to squeeze in 1 extra single bed, but these cottages are not set up for families.
Akah Cottage – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Expect to do plenty of walking. Bicycles are a great option in and around Jungutbatu village but nowhere else because of the hills and potholes, although the hotel does rent bikes.
- Other Transport: No cars are allowed on the island. However, motorbikes are easy to rent and a terrific way to explore the island – and with no police, licenses are not required. New ‘taxis’ (pickup trucks) ply the narrow roads, but most are commandeered by speedboat companies and hotels, so arrange a lift through the hotel, if required. Cumbersome drive-yourself buggies can be rented at Mushroom Bay, and boats can be chartered anywhere for a more scenic way to reach remote parts of the island.
Akah Cottage – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Pancali Cottages – Next door, serving an impressive range of healthy food and drinks.
- Café Pandan – At Dream Beach Huts, about 200m away. Some of the island’s finest views from 2 levels. Seafood, coffee, and pizzas.
- Tropical Juice Corner – About 200m up the road at the junction to Sunset Beach. Simple meals, vegan/vegetarian options, friendly service, and inexpensive prices.
- Cozy Grill – The name explains it all. Pleasant street-side setting, about 350m back towards Jungutbatu.
- Sandy Bay Beach Club – Chic design and divine setting for fresh seafood, soothing music, and swimming pool for diners. 500m away. Follow signs from the junction at Tropical Juice Corner.
- About 100m up the lane, a store sells very basic supplies, but otherwise, there is no worthwhile shopping anywhere outside of Jungutbatu or Mushroom Bay.
- Less than 10 minutes by foot are Dream Beach and Sunset Beach, but both are too dangerous for swimming or snorkeling. Far safer is Mushroom Bay, about 1.5 km away – ask for directions. More serious exploration of the underwater delights can be arranged through a few scuba-diving agencies in Jungutbatu village.