The Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport is the only hotel located at Bangkok’s main international airport. The Ammata Lanta Resort, Suvarnabhumi Suite Hotel, and The Phoenix Hotel are all within 5 km of the airport and less than a 10-minute drive by free shuttle.
Another option is to stay near the Phaya Thai Skytrain station in central Bangkok (The Quarter Residence Phayathai, Hotel Tranz, and Sleeplab Hostel are all within a very short walk of the Phaya Thai station). It’s a 25-minute ride on the Airport Rail Link from the airport to Phaya Thai. The station is also on the Skytrain network (BTS) so you’re a short ride from the neighborhoods of Sukhumvit, Siam Square, and Silom. If you wanted to go one step farther and stay in the heart of Sukhumvit (but still have easy airport access) then try the Holiday Inn Bangkok. So, for the Holiday Inn, you’d take the Airport Rail Link to Phaya Thai then switch to the Skytrain and take it 3 stops to the Chit Lom Station. The hotel is steps from the northwest exit of the station.
The 8 Best Bangkok Hotels Close to Suvarnabhumi Airport
1. Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport – Luxury
• Great hotel. 5-minute covered walk from main terminal.
• Wonderful outdoor swimming pool (6am-10pm) with swim-up bar, jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna.
• Bookings are for 24 hours regardless of check-in time.
• Free shuttle to terminal runs 24 hours.
• 4-minute walk to train station (basement level of airport). 25 minutes to central Bangkok.
• Good food at 3 restaurants, 1 sports bar, and 1 cafe.
• Room service, one restaurant, fitness center, and reception open 24 hours.
2. Le Meridien Suvarnabhumi – Luxury
• Sprawling 5-star resort 12km (15-minute drive) from the airport.
• 18-hole golf course, excellent spa, huge gym, and outdoor infinity saltwater pool.
• Golf club with putting green, evening floodlit tee-time, restaurant, and rentals.
• Kids club (4-12 years) and children’s pool.
• Free shuttle to/from airport, Mega Banga mall, and Udomsuk BTS station.
• Free valet parking.
• Business Center with complimentary use of office equipment.
• 3 restaurants – International, Italian, and Thai.
• Room service, fitness center, and reception open 24 hours.
3. Suvarnabhumi Suite Hotel – Moderate
• Good value full-service hotel a 10-minute drive (6km) from the airport.
• Airport shuttle and buffet breakfast included in most room rates.
• Small outdoor pool, spa, sauna, and fitness center.
• Lobby cafe and rooftop restaurant.
• Free parking.
• 24-hour reception and room service.
4. The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok – Budget
• Good budget hotel just 10 minutes (6km) from the airport.
• 2-minute walk from the main road with some eateries, shops, and pharmacies.
• Clean rooms with complimentary bottled water, tea/coffee facilities, and simple breakfast.
• Rooms are not sound-proofed so can get noisy.
• Free 24-hour shuttle to/from airport and Airport Rail Link Lat Krabang station.
• Free parking and wifi.
• Small restaurant with room service (7am-10pm), luggage storage, and 24-hour reception.
5. The Quarter Residence Phayathai – Moderate
• Great boutique hotel (only 4 rooms) with large studios and family rooms with bunk beds.
• 4-hour option available for short stays.
• Located a 2-minute walk from Exit 2 of Phaya Thai BTS station in central Bangkok.
• Phaya Thai ARL station is a 25-minute ride on the Airport Rail Link from Suvarnabhumi Airport and a few minutes on the skytrain from Siam Square and Sukhumvit.
• Shopping and many restaurants within a short walk of the hotel.
• Long term luggage deposit service for guests and non-guests.
6. Hotel Tranz – Moderate
• Good value hotel connected to Phaya Thai Airport Rail Link station (25-minute ride from airport).
• Restaurant open for breakfast and lunch, lobby bar with good wine selection.
• Steps from Phaya Thai BTS station with connections across the city.
• 2-3 BTS stops from major malls and attractions; several cafes, restaurants, shops, and banks around the hotel.
• Connecting rooms for families and groups.
• 24-hour front desk, good buffet breakfast (chargeable).
7. Sleeplab Hostel – Budget
• Budget Japanese-style adults-only pod-hotel with single and double beds.
• 2-minute walk from Phaya Thai Airport Rail Link station (25-minute ride from airport).
• Steps from Phaya Thai BTS station (Exit 2) connecting to major malls and attractions.
• Small cafe and bar, lounge, and communal terrace.
• Free wifi in public areas.
• Busy neighborhood with several cafes, restaurants, shops, and banks all around.
8. Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit – Midrange
• 4-star hotel with nice outdoor pool. Great location.
• 2 restaurants and rooftop bar. 24-hour reception, room service, and fitness center.
• Located in the heart of Sukhumvit and walking distance to some of Bangkok’s best malls.
• About 40 minutes by public transport from Suvarnabhumi Airport: 25-minutes by Airport Rail Link to Phaya Thai Station, then switch to Skytrain for 3 stops to Chit Lom Station. The hotel is steps from the northwest exit of the station.
• Traffic in the area can be terrible so use train for airport transfer unless traveling in off-peak hours.
- Best Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels for Families in Bangkok
- Best Budget Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels with Pools in Bangkok
- Best Family Apartment Rentals in Bangkok
- Where to Stay in Bangkok
- Best Things to Do in Bangkok
- Bangkok with Kids
- Best Time to Visit Bangkok
- Bangkok Airport Transportation
- Best Tours in Bangkok
- Best Day Trips in Bangkok
- Best Markets in Bangkok
- Best Shopping Malls in Bangkok
- Bangkok to Koh Samui
- What is the best luxury hotel in Bangkok?