• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
The 5 Best Hotels in Amalfi
1. Hotel Santa Caterina – Luxury
Secluded luxury hotel with a private beach accessible via elevator, a heated saltwater pool, a fitness room, 2 restaurants, 2 bars, and incredible views from its clifftop perch just a short drive (1.2km, 5-minute drive) to the Amalfi town center. The elegant guestrooms feature marble bathrooms, sea-view or garden-view balconies, and traditional decor, and daily breakfast and parking are provided complimentary.
2. Hotel Luna Convento – Luxury
Classic hotel located a 6-minute walk (400m) from Amalfi’s town center and featuring spectacular coastline views from an outdoor pool on a cliff overlooking the sea (accessible by stairs). In addition to a complimentary breakfast buffet, 2 restaurants are on-site, and many rooms feature sea views and ancient decor from the building’s 800-year history.
3. Residenza Luce – Moderate
Boutique hotel with complimentary breakfast, a terrace with panoramic views, and concierge service, located a 1-minute walk (70m) to the Piazza Duomo and a 2-minute walk (140m) to the beach. All rooms have private bathrooms, and suites feature balconies and separate living rooms.
4. Albergo S. Andrea – Moderate
Boutique hotel in the Piazza Duomo with breakfast included and private bathrooms in every guestroom. In addition to the on-site restaurant and bar, the hotel is nestled between the Cathedral of Saint Andrew the Apostle and numerous restaurants and cafes, and the waterfront is a 1-minute walk away (100m).
5. Hotel Lidomare – Moderate
Historic hotel located a 1-minute walk (90m) to the waterfront, a 4-minute walk (290m) to the ferry terminal, and steps to numerous restaurants and cafes. Every room has a whirlpool tub, a refrigerator, and a safe, and free breakfast is available daily.
- The Best Hotels in Capri
- The Best Hotels in Florence
- The Best Hotels in Matera
- The Best Hotels in Milan
- The Best Hotels in Naples
- The Best Hotels in Positano
- The Best Hotels in Ravello
- The Best Hotels in Rome
- The Best Hotels in Salerno
- The Best Hotels in Sicily
- The Best Hotels in Sorrento
- The Best Hotels in Venice