by Santorini Dave • Updated: September 12, 2018
• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
The 4 Best Hotels in Bora Bora
Opulent facilities, with an idyllic setting facing bleached-white sand and backed by mountains. Romantic bungalows are traditionally designed, but modern inside, and those perched above the water provide steps to the sapphire lagoon below. Double-layered pool and numerous activities (some free) add to the appeal. And it’s very convenient, so guests won’t feel as stranded as others may at resorts on distant atolls.
Hotel phone: (689) 40 604 900
Excellent position in a village on the main island, and the sort of beach featured on postcards of Tahiti. Except for the lack of pool, it offers the type of facilities found at the Sofitel et al, but far more affordable. The traditionally-designed above-water bungalows are lovely, but clustered tightly together, while more modest ones on the sand offer direct sea views. Also, some free activities.
Hotel phone: (689) 40 603 000
Faultless tropical jungle escape. Handful of exotic and luxurious bungalows among dense gardens of fruit trees and statues. Packed with local arts/crafts, each bungalow also features a kitchen, gorgeous Balinese-style outdoor bathroom, and balcony with sea views (albeit distant). Also very appealing is the communal lounge/library. And the isolation is easily offset by free transfers anywhere, anytime.
Hotel phone: (689) 87 707 799
Luxurious and traditionally-designed bungalows above the water, with steps from the sundeck to the lagoon below. Perfect beach: curved, white sand, angled palms and views of alluring atolls. And a pool with Infinity edges (but undersized). Conveniently on the main island, yet still distant from the village.
Hotel phone: (689) 40 605 500
- Chez Nono – Review
- Fare Rohivai – Review
- Hôtel Matira – Review
- InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort – Review
- Oa Oa Lodge – Review
- Hôtel Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora – Review
- Rohotu Fare Lodge – Review
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort – Review
- Sunset Hill Lodge – Review
- Village Temanuata – Review