Greece › Best Corfu Hotels
Updated: April 27, 2023
By Santorini Dave
The Best Places to Stay in Corfu
• Corfu Town: The island’s capital, Corfu Town, features the UNESCO-listed Old Town with its narrow streets, elegant architecture, and lively squares. A unique blend of Venetian, French, and British influences, Corfu Town offers a rich taste of the island’s history through sites like the Old Fortress and the Palace of St. Michael and St. George. There’s a vibrant nightlife scene, with numerous bars, clubs, and restaurants. The historic Old Town and the Esplanade area are popular spots for evening entertainment, offering a mix of stylish cocktail bars, traditional tavernas with live Greek music, and cozy wine bars. Best hotel: Bella Venezia
• Paleokastritsa: On Corfu’s northwest coast, Paleokastritsa is a picturesque village known for its beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush green hills. It’s ideal for water activities, exploring hidden coves, and visiting the historic Paleokastritsa Monastery. Best hotel: Akrotiri Beach Resort
• Kassiopi: Located on the northeastern coast, Kassiopi is a charming fishing village with a rich history. It offers a mix of relaxation and culture, with Byzantine castle ruins to explore, cobbled streets to wander, a bustling harbor, and several pebble beaches nearby. Best hotel: Melina Bay Boutique Hotel
• Agios Gordios: Nestled on the island’s west coast, Agios Gordios is renowned for its golden sands, turquoise waters, and dramatic cliffs. This tranquil beach, surrounded by olive groves and cypress trees, offers a serene retreat for sun-seekers and nature enthusiasts, with breathtaking sunset views. Best hotel: Agios Gordios Beach Resort
• Sidari: A popular resort town in the north, Sidari boasts vibrant nightlife, a range of water sports, and the renowned Canal d’Amour. The main strip features numerous bars, clubs, and pubs, where younger-leaning crowds enjoy cocktails, music, and dancing until the early hours of the morning. Best hotel: Sidari Beach Hotel
• Pelekas: Perched on a hilltop, Pelekas is a traditional village with panoramic views of the island. A short drive from Corfu Town, this charming hamlet is known for its cozy tavernas, narrow streets, and nearby Glyfada Beach. The legendary sunset at the Kaiser’s Throne viewpoint are a short walk uphill from the town. Best hotel: Jimmy’s Pelekas
• Dassia: Located on the east coast of Corfu, about 5 miles north of Corfu Town, Dassia is a popular resort town known for its beautiful shoreline and lush surroundings. The beach features a mix of pebbles and sand, with crystal-clear, shallow waters perfect for families and swimmers. Dassia has a relaxed atmosphere, making it ideal for those seeking a tranquil beachside retreat with convenient access to hiking, horseback riding, and Corfu Town. Best hotel: Corfu Palma Boutique
• Gouvia: Located on the east coast, Gouvia is a modern resort with a bustling marina, a wide range of restaurants, and a lively atmosphere. It’s an excellent base for exploring nearby attractions like the Venetian Arsenal and Corfu Town. Best hotel: Molfetta Beach Hotel
• Kavos: Situated in the south, Kavos is famous for its high-energy nightlife, attracting a young and energetic mix. The beach town offers a wide range of bars, clubs, and party venues, often hosting famous DJs and themed events throughout the summer. Best hotel: Konstantina Apartments
• Issos Beach: Located on the southwest coast, Issos Beach is a haven for beach lovers, offering stunning views of the Ionian Sea and the distant Albanian mountains. With sand dunes and the Korission Lagoon nearby, it’s perfect for sunbathing, windsurfing, and birdwatching. Best hotel: Aris Seaside
11 Best Hotels in Corfu
1. Bella Venezia – Corfu Town
Hotel Phone: +30 266 104 6500
Housed in a restored neo-Classical mansion, the Bella Venezia’s 30 rooms and 1 suite are simply but elegantly decorated, and feature exceptionally comfortable, orthopedically designed beds. Public areas have a homey, European elegance, with carved wooden ceilings, marble floors, and comfortably-upholstered furnishings. A generous and locally-sourced breakfast buffet is offered in the sunny garden gazebo. The hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Old Town’s many restaurants and cafés.
2. Cavalieri Hotel – Corfu Town
Hotel Phone: +30 266 103 9283
A classically restored 17th-Century Venetian mansion in a lovely Old-Town location overlooking the harbor. Singles, Twin, Superior, and Family rooms are offered, some with balconies and others looking out onto the narrow alleyways of the Old Town. Crowned by an internationally renowned rooftop bar & restaurant, ranked 13th in the world, with blissful views over to the fortress. Buffet breakfast included. Excellently located, a quick walk from the heart of Old Town Corfu.
3. Hotel Corfu Palace – Corfu Town
Hotel Phone: +30 266 103 9485
One of the island’s original resorts, this landmark resort hotel occupies prime Corfu real estate on Garitsa bay, a 15-minute stroll from the center of the Old Town. All rooms feature ample marble bathrooms; all suites face the sea. Four bars and restaurants are onsite as well as an in-house casino. Offered sporting options include tennis, croquet, golf, and cricket. Aside from location, the hotel’s best feature is its huge and beautifully landscaped sea-water swimming pool, with loungers and umbrellas on offer.
4. Mayor Mon Repos Palace – Anemomylos (near Corfu Town)
Hotel Phone: +30 266 103 2783
A chic, adults-only boutique hotel 2km south of Corfu Town, overlooking a calm small harbor, windmill, and the Old Fort in horseshoe-shaped Garista Bay. The hotel combines old world and modern sensibilities, with a clubby reception area and airy guest rooms, some with sea views. Downstairs there’s a lounge and in-house restaurant, and a small pool is located to the side of the hotel. In-house spa and bike rental; golf and tennis can be arranged off-site. Buffet breakfast is included in the room rate.
5. Corfu Mare Hotel – Kefalomantouko (near Corfu Town)
Hotel Phone: +30 266 103 1011
Corfu Mare is a luxury, adults-only, boutique resort a 10-minute walk from the port and just 3km from Corfu Town. Seven categories of rooms (including some that are wheelchair-accessible); all airy and stylishly equipped with excellent bathrooms, balconies, or terraces. Jacuzzis are offered in superior suites. The swimming pool features a pool bar for drinks and snacks, and the Corfu Mare’s relaxing bar and restaurant uses home-grown ingredients from the hotel’s garden. There’s a well-equipped fitness center, too, with sauna and yoga classes.
6. Akrotiri Beach Resort – Paleokastritsa
Hotel Phone: +30 266 304 1237
The best resort in Paleokastritsa, a picturesque village on Corfu’s green west coast. All rooms have great sea views with private balconies and wooden floors. The Panorama suite adds a king-sized bed, separate lounge and desk area, and a huge 16 sqm balcony. Akrotiri Beach Hotel features an expansive bar, swimming pool, and pool bar area with stunning clifftop views; the in-house restaurant offers a daily buffet breakfast. Close to Agia Triada beach, which has a diving center and wonderfully friendly Akron beach bar.
7. Corfu Palma Boutique Hotel – Dassia
Hotel Phone: +30 266 109 3941
A relaxing and welcoming oasis amid the busy Dassia beach scene. Rooms are modern and well equipped with large comfortable beds. Standard, superior, and family rooms and superior suites are offered, all with balconies. Find a generous bar and restaurant area at the front of the hotel, and a palm tree-ringed pool, pool bar, and jacuzzi in the back. The beach is a 5-minute walk away, and many excellent local tavernas are within walking distance.
8. Grecotel-LUXME Daphnila Bay – Dassia
Hotel Phone: +30 266 109 0320
This all-inclusive hotel sits on a hill on the Kommeno peninsula overlooking the sea. Accommodation consists of standard and family rooms, suites, villas, and bungalows. All rooms are bright and airy, with open plan and Ionian island décor style throughout. Armchairs, modern amenities, and very comfortable large beds are standard; more expensive rooms have balconies. Seven restaurants, four bars, and a variety of snacking choices are available onsite, as well as three adult pools, a splash pool, spa, and hammam. Located an easy 12km drive from the airport.
9. Kastraki Epavlis – Barbati
Owner’s Phone: +30 697 3228 8249
Occupying four and a half acres of lush hillside 18km north of Corfu Town, this lovely and luxurious rental villa enjoys perhaps the best views in Corfu. There are four bedrooms on different levels, a large communal lounge overlooking a pool, a billiards/games room, wood oven, and BBQ area with hammocks and an outdoor jacuzzi. It comes pre-stocked with food items, but it’s not far to local stores for additional supplies. A perfect Greek island haven for large families or groups of friends.
10. Molfetta Beach Hotel – Gouvia
Hotel Phone: +30 266 109 1915
A friendly, family-run hotel situated on a public beach in Molfetta Bay. All rooms are compact and cozy; the single luxury suite features a jacuzzi. Some rooms feature sea views and breakfast is standard in all. There’s a casual restaurant and cocktail bar that features live entertainment on some nights of the week, and more restaurants are within a 5-minute walk back up the beach access road. The beach here is literally on your doorstep, and the surrounding area lends itself to cycling (bikes are available to rent from the hotel). Located 9 km north of Corfu Town.
11. Domes of Corfu – Glyfada Beach
Hotel Phone: +30 2661 440500
Great location on a beautiful beach. Kids club, activities for older kids, kids pool, and adults pool. Nice sunset views and recently renovated. Quiet without being secluded.
Where to Stay in Corfu Town
Best Hotels in Corfu Town
• Arcadion Hotel
• Bella Venezia
• Cavalieri Hotel
• Corfu Palace Hotel
• Siora Vittoria Boutique Hotel
- Greece Travel Guide
- Athens Travel Guide
- Mykonos Travel Guide
- Santorini Travel Guide
- Best Greek Beaches
- Best Hotels in Athens
- Best Hotels in Crete
- Best Hotels in Delphi
- Best Hotels in Folegandros
- Best Hotels in Ios
- Best Hotels in Kefalonia
- Best Hotels in Kos
- Best Hotels in Milos
- Best Hotels in Mykonos
- Best Hotels in Naxos
- Best Hotels in Paros
- Best Hotels in Rhodes
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Serifos
- Best Hotels in Sifnos
- Best Hotels in Skiathos
- Best Hotels in Skopelos
- Best Hotels in Thessaloniki
- Best Hotels in Zakynthos
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter