Melbourne Hotels – Tips & Advice
- Booking.com – the best site for booking Melbourne hotels.
- Best luxury hotel in Melbourne: Crown Towers
- Best boutique hotel in Melbourne: Lyall Hotel and Spa
- Best family hotel in Melbourne: Crown Metropol
- Where to stay in Melbourne: The Docklands is the best neighborhood to stay in for visitors to Melbourne.
The 5 Best Hotels in Melbourne
1. Crown Towers – South Bank
Hotel phone: +61 (0)3 9292 6868
The mainstay of the remarkable Crown complex soars over the Yarra River just five minutes’ walk from the city center. Accommodations are opulent and the amenities, such as the superb pool, are among the city’s finest. For many, however, it’s all about the casino, which is virtually downstairs, and the riverside bistros and bars surrounding the hotel.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Crown Towers
2. Grand Hyatt – City Center
Hotel phone: +61 (0)3 9657 1234
All rooms and suites feature gorgeous marble bathrooms and views from the ample floor-to-ceiling windows are among the city’s finest. Facilities are world-class – from the massive gym to the unique rooftop tennis court. Surrounded by fashionable places to eat, drink, and shop, this section of downtown offers a laidback city-edge vibe with parks and historical buildings close by.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Grand Hyatt
3. The Langham – Southbank
Hotel phone: +61 (0)3 8696 8888
Part of a luxurious worldwide chain, the opulent Langham provides the sort of elegance, charm, and luxury rarely found anywhere in Australia. The extraordinary views and first-class amenities, including one of Melbourne’s finest hotel pools, add enormously to the appeal. Facing the inner-city Yarra River and surrounded by classy bistros, bars, and boutiques, The Langham is also walkable to downtown, theaters, and the botanic gardens.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for The Langham
4. InterContinental The Rialto – City Center
Hotel phone: +61 (0)3 8627 1400
With an unparalleled blend of history, style, opulence, and convenience, this remarkable hotel is based within two 19th-century buildings which retain many of their original features. Facing inwards and overlooking the amazing atrium, rooms can be dark inside, while the suites offer city views and more natural light. Featuring a rare old-world charm and, of course, all the modern conveniences, the service is exceptional.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for InterContinental The Rialto
5. Treasury on Collins Apartment Hotel – City Center
Hotel phone: +61 (0)3 8535 8535
Based in a beautifully renovated 19th-century bank building, this award-winning hotel boasts an old-world charm, genuine history, and elegance absent at recently-built rivals. It offers compact apartments and suites, rather than rooms, which feature separate living areas, kitchenettes, and clothes washers/dryers. Bonuses are the mezzanine-level guest lounge accessible to all and the excellent inner-city location.
• Hotel Website • Check prices for Treasury on Collins Apartment Hotel
- Melbourne Travel Guide
- Best Hotels for Families in Melbourne
- Where to Stay in Melbourne
- Melbourne Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Melbourne
- Best Hotels in Brisbane
- Best Family Hotels in Brisbane
- Where to Stay in Brisbane
- Best Time to Visit Brisbane
- Best Hotels in Perth
- Best Hotels for Families in Perth
- Where to Stay in Perth
- Best Time to Visit Perth