Greece › Nafplio Hotels
Updated: May 9, 2023
By Santorini Dave
Our Favorite Hotels in Nafplio
• 4-Star: 3 Sixty
• Pension: Aetoma
• For Families: Omorfi Poli
• For Couples: 3 Sixty
• Best Views: Marianna
• Best Pool: Nafplia Palace • Ippoliti
• Near Marina: Carpe Diem
• With Harbor Views: Gambello
• Near Bus Station: Regno di Morea
• Near Acronafplia Castle: Grand Sarai
• On Central Square: Castellano
- Nafplio (also spelled Nafplion) is a charming, romantic, and compact harbor town, easily traversed on foot. Most of Old Town Nafplio is pedestrianized, and parking can be scarce on the outskirts. A car isn’t necessary while staying in town. If you have a car, the largest and most accessible parking area is adjacent to the marina.
- There is no train station in Nafplio, but getting to Nafplio from Athens is easy by bus. Multiple buses travel daily between Nafplio and KTEL Central Bus Station (Kifissos) in Athens, about a 15-minute taxi ride west of the city center. Tickets can be purchased online about 10 days out from the trip (recommended during the high season) or at the station. Arrive at the bus station early during the summer months, as having a ticket will not guarantee you a seat if you arrive after the bus is full. The trip takes a little over 2 hours.
- In general, northern hotels near the marina are located on flat, even terrain; hotels south of Staikopoulou Street, in the shadow of Acronafplia Castle, are set on a steep hillside with many stairs.
- Best Restaurants in Nafplio: Alaloum (traditional taverna, two locations) • 3Sixty (upscale gourmet) • Pidalio Mezedopoleio (specializing in meze and super-fresh seafood) • Mitato (best souvlaki) • Koustenis (best ice cream)
- Best Nafplio Tour: Nafplio: City Walking Tour
Staying in Nafplio
Nafplio is one of the most interesting and romantic towns in Mainland Greece. Located in the Argolid Peninsula in the eastern Peloponnese, it’s easy to reach from Athens and makes a great home base for visiting the nearby archaeological sites of Mycenae, Epidaurus, and Tyrins. Before Athens, Nafplio was modern day Greece’s first capital city. Today, Nafplio offers visitors lots to do: a handful of interesting museums, three medieval castles, loads of great restaurants and boutique shopping, and a beautiful palm-lined harbor. Its charming Old Town pedestrianized center is easily to get around on foot and a delightful place to stay. When considering hotels, a good general rule of thumb is that northern hotels near the marina are on flat, even terrain, while those in southern Old Town sit in the shadow of Acronafplia Castle and are set on a steep hillside with many stairs – many of these offer fantastic views.
The 14 Best Hotels in Nafplio
- Best Tours & Things to Do in Nafplio
- Best Restaurants in Nafplio
- Best Shops in Nafplio
- Peloponnese Travel Guide
- Nafplio Hotel Map
1. 3Sixty Hotel & Suites
Hotel phone: +30 2752 500501
Opulent and sophisticated all-suite hotel in a central Old Town location. This modern but neoclassically-designed hotel has spacious guest rooms that include luxe extras like fireplaces, crystal chandeliers, Versace linens, in-mirror televisions, and hydromassage showers or jetted tubs. All are air-conditioned. The Luxury Family Room sleeps four, and Room 107 includes a private rooftop terrace with a hot tub. Excellent and award-winning restaurant/wine bar attached.
• Hotel website • Check prices for 3Sixty Hotel & Suites
2. Gambello Luxury Rooms
Hotel phone: +30 2752 023009
In a converted neoclassical mansion near the waterfront, Gambello Luxury Rooms offers classically-chic accommodation with modern amenities. Spacious guest rooms feature parquet wood floors, high ceilings, and elegant furnishings – some offer balconies with great views of Bourtzi Castle and the sea. Bathrooms are modern, with walk-in rain showers. All rooms are accessed via a beautiful winding staircase; there is no elevator. A traditional breakfast is served inside or out on the charming patio, as weather permits.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Gambello Luxury Rooms
3. Regno di Morea
Hotel phone: +30 27520 22232
Modern and beautifully-appointed hotel on a quiet pedestrian street in the heart of Old Town. All room categories sleep two and feature oak flooring and warm mid-century-meets-modern styling, as well as high-tech extras like Marshall bluetooth speakers, tablet controls, and Nespresso machines. Upper categories add sitting/work areas or balconies. An exceptional breakfast is served daily in the hotel’s ground floor wine bar and lounge.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Regno di Morea
4. Grand Sarai Nafplio
Hotel phone: +30 2752 022563
5-star boutique hotel tucked into a quiet, yet central, location under Acronafplia Castle. In a charming (and pink!) historic building that once housed the first Court of Modern Greece, you’ll now find comfortable guest rooms that feature Cocomat beds, well-appointed modern bathrooms, and wonderful views from higher floors. An excellent breakfast is served daily, and there’s a lounge/bar on-site. Grand Sarai has a small elevator, but stairs are required to access the hotel. Junior suites sleep up to four.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Grand Sarai
5. Aetoma Hotel
Hotel phone: +30 2752 027373
Excellent and traditional family-run pension in the heart of Old Town. This charming 18th-century mansion has been converted to five double guest rooms, each with air-conditioning, balconies, and en-suite bathrooms that feature either a jacuzzi bathtub or hydro massage shower. The deluxe top-floor Akrokeramo Room has wonderful views of Acronafplia and Palamidi Castle. Mother/son duo, Akis and Panatoya, are exceptionally kind and generous hosts; guests are treated as family and a fantastic breakfast is served each day until noon. No elevator.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Aetoma Hotel
6. Castellano Hotel & Suites
Hotel phone: +30 27520 96300
Posh lodging overlooking Syntagma Square. Gold-accented walls and jewel-toned velvet furnishings add to the lavish vibe here, combined with luxe entras like in-mirror TVs and marble-clad bathrooms. Upper-level rooms add balconies with views to Palamidi or over the square. A smart wine bar is located on the ground floor; guests can take their breakfast here, or al fresco at their neighboring Syntagma Square cafe.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Castellano Hotel & Suites
7. Carpe Diem Boutique Hotel
Hotel phone: +30 2752 029449
Excellent new family-run hotel located just a block from the harbor. Rooms are on the small side but very stylish, well-appointed, and comfortable. All room classes have modern, natural styling and feature private balconies; some sleep four and have spacious furnished verandas with town or Palamidi views. A delicious made-to-order breakfast is served in their ground-floor indoor/outdoor café and bar.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Carpe Diem
8. Pension Dafni
Hotel phone: +30 2752 029856
Delightful family-run hotel on the very edge of Old Town, almost abutting Acronafplia hill. Twenty guest rooms and suites are spread over three buildings, connected by cobbled alleyways lined with potted plants. Elegant neoclassical furnishings and crystal chandeliers feature in recently-renovated guest rooms, some of which also have balconies or kitchenettes. Breakfast can be served in-room or in the hotel lounge; the Deluxe Family Room can sleep up to six people.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Pension Dafni
9. Xenon Inn
Hotel phone: +30 697 700 7271
Charming 19th-century restored guesthouse set right on Nafplio’s main square. Each of the seven rooms and suites are different, with some featuring stone walls, kitchenettes, or balconies overlooking Syntagma Square; all are romantic and elegantly-decorated with traditional furnishings. Breakfast is served on the square below in Xenon Café, which becomes a lively bar in the evenings. No elevator.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Xenon Inn
Hotel phone: +30 2752 024256
Sweet, family-run hotel set on the quiet edge of Old Town with great views. Its 28 distinct rooms are set over many levels on Acronafplia Hill, almost abutting the fortress. Rooms are romantic (some with stone walls and timber ceilings), and views are incredible – both of Palamidi Fortress above, and over the town below. An excellent breakfast is served on a view terrace, with homemade delicacies and fresh lemon juice from their own trees. Its hillside position requires that guests traverse many flights of stairs; those with any mobility issues would do better elsewhere.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Marianna
11. Hotel Ippoliti
Hotel phone: +30 2752 096088
Lovely boutique hotel in a quiet corner near the harbor – and one of the few in Nafplio with a swimming pool. Decor here is elegant and Tuscan-themed, and the large guest rooms and suites have luxe extras like in-room fireplaces, hydrotherapy showers, and whirlpool tubs. Aside from the pleasant pool patio, there’s a small fitness center and a comfortable communal lounge with a fireplace. Most suites are split over two levels; family suites sleep four. An excellent breakfast buffet is served daily, pool or fireside.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Hotel Ippoliti
12. Leto Nuevo
Hotel phone: +30 2752 028093
Newly-refurbished and comfortable property located on Acronafplia Hill. Its 18 rooms and suites are on the small side but bright and stylishly-decorated; all have mini-fridges and air conditioning, many have balconies with outstanding views over Old Town. Most rooms are double or triple occupancy, but the Family Suite sleeps four (on one double bed and two twins – not sofa beds, as is common). Set high on the hill; a short walk to the center of Old Town, but with many steps.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Leto Nuevo
13. Omorfi Poli
Hotel phone: +30 2752 021565
A great choice for families near the Marina, three of Omorfi Poli’s seven guest rooms are split-level and sleep up to 5 people. All rooms are spacious and have air conditioning as well as ceiling fans. Excellent central location amid shops and restaurants of Old Town and across from the Peloponnese Folkloric Society Museum, though double-glazed windows keep rooms quiet and private. Service is friendly and attentive, and a delicious breakfast is served daily.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Omorfi Poli
14. Nafplia Palace Hotel & Villas
Hotel phone: +30 2752 070800
This one-time Grand Dame of Nafplio Hotels, set high atop Acronafplia Hill, is now very in need of a facelift but still worth a recommendation for its amazing sea views and private villas. The main building has an impressively-large lobby, though its decor has grown somewhat shabby. If you do go, splurge for one of the modern and newly-renovated villas, many of which include a private plunge pool and/or sleep four. There’s a large communal swimming pool with a snack bar, as well, along with two restaurants and a cool lobby lounge. Ample parking is available, and an elevator connects this hilltop hotel to the streets of Old Town below.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Nafplia Palace
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter