• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
The Best Hotels in Tahiti
Opulent resort with immense tropical gardens and stylish design with Polynesian décor. Many rooms with sea views, and also secluded above-water bungalows. Lack of beach offset by enormous lagoon-style pool with Infinity edges; another has a swim-up bar. Plenty of activities for couples, and fun for families. On outskirts of Pape’ete and very close to the airport, yet isolated from places to eat and drink.
Hotel phone: (689) 4086 5178
Except for the isolation (2.5km from the village), this is perfect: indescribably gorgeous setting facing the sea and manmade inlets, with a startling mountain backdrop. Seemingly endless beaches and tropical gardens. Bungalows on the sand, perched above the water, or more distant but with a private pool. Adding to the tropical vibe are the 2 Infinity-edge pools, themed buffets, and marvellous kids’ club.
Hotel phone: (689) 4086 5178
Quiet location, but not too far from the capital. Rooms are decent enough, but the drawcard are the above-water bungalows. Being renovated/rebuilt during mid-2018, they promise to be wonderful: modern décor, updated facilities and plenty of windows for sweeping ocean views. Undersized beach offset by astonishing lagoon-style pool among vast tropical gardens packed with lily ponds. Also, a water sports centre and activities like yoga and tennis.
Hotel phone: (689) 4047 0727
Vast and tranquil seaside setting. Gorgeous bungalows perched above a turquoise lagoon, accessible by ladder from a private wooden sundeck. Sumptuous and spacious inside, with unbeatable views, including marine life through a partial glass floor. Astonishing pool, several heavenly beaches and water sports galore. And only a 5-minute stroll to village shops and cafés.
Hotel phone: (689) 4043 1788
Charm and serenity in a colonial-style setting, with a quaint garden dominated by a massive banyan tree. And the beach is perfect, if a little small – and so are the bungalows. Most face the gardens, while several overlook the sea, only metres away. The terrace bar and guests’ lounge are charismatic. It’s also convenient, and bicycles, kayaks and snorkelling gear can be rented gratis.
Hotel phone: (689) 8723 3325
- Aimeo Lodge – Review
- Les Tipaniers Fare Vai Moana – Review
- Fenua Mata’i’oa Hôtel – Review
- Hôtel Hibiscus – Review
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa – Review
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa – Review
- Hotel Kaveka – Review
- Hôtel Les Tipaniers – Review
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa Moorea – Review
- Moorea Beach Lodge – Review
- Moorea Fare Miti – Review
- Pension de la Plage – Review
- Royal Tahitien Hôtel – Review
- Hôtel Sarah Nui – Review
- Sofitel Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort – Review
- Hôtel Tahiti Nui – Review
- Tahiti Surf Beach Paradise – Review
- Taoahere Beach House – Review
- Te Ora Hau Ecolodge – Review
- Maison D’Hôtes Tutehau – Review