Best Western Kuta Beach – Funky and functional, compact and convenient.
Part of the renowned international motel chain, this hotel is squeezed in along a quiet side street, only meters from the legendary Kuta Beach and a short stroll to the world-class Beachwalk Shopping Center. The overall design is colorful and impossible to miss, while the rooms are equally bright and fashionable, although a little compact and minimalist. The stylish rooftop pool and cocktail lounge offer a welcome breeze, terrific views, and chic furniture. Nothing about the place is Balinese, but it definitely serves its purpose very well for the budget-conscious.
Best Western Kuta Beach – The Location
- Address: Along a side street, Jalan Benesari, about 100m back from the top of Jalan Pantai Kuta. This road, which is one-way heading north, parallels the beach in northern Kuta, the major tourist region in Bali.
- Area: A quieter area of Kuta, and easily accessible on foot to Legian. Across the busy road from the world-renowned Kuta Beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Handy to: All the facilities at Kuta and Legian. Beachwalk Shopping Center.
Best Western Kuta Beach – The Basics
- Guests: Caters to all, though many guests seem to be business people or Indonesian tourists attracted by the reasonable rates.
- Beach: About 150m from the beach, across the main road. Kuta Beach is wide, clean, and reasonably shady, with plenty of drink stalls on the sand. But waves can be rough, so be wary and swim between the flags.
- Views: Not close enough to the beach to offer any sea views. Most rooms overlook adjoining resorts at a distance but others face inwards, directly across from the balcony of another room.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Not expected or provided at this sort of midrange motel-style accommodation.
- Parking: No parking in the narrow backstreets in this area of Kuta. And think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout the hotel for all guests.
- Phone: (0)361 754 396
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: bwkutabeach.com
Best Western Kuta Beach – Amenities
- Pool: The swish rooftop pool is adequate and the only place in the hotel with views. Constant breeze, a cocktail bar, and funky furniture.
- Spa & Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at this sort of midrange motel-style accommodation.
- Activities: Cooking classes.
Best Western Kuta Beach – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Taste Restaurant – Adjacent to the lobby, offering buffet breakfast and a la carte for lunch and dinner. But finds it hard to compete with the several nearby options. • Langit Bar & Lounge – Stylish spot for a drink alongside the rooftop pool. Invitingly funky lounge chairs, views, breeze, and enticing happy hours. Open till late.
- Breakfast: Buffet breakfast is included in all rates.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Best Western Kuta Beach – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Room • Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Junior Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Best Room: The Junior Suites are more spacious and offer better views – even distant glimpses of the sea.
- For Families: Many rooms have connecting doors, while Junior Suites come with sofas that can convert into single beds.
Best Western Kuta Beach – Local Transport
- Walking: Walkable to everything that Kuta and Legian have to offer.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Kuta/Legian with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, hire metered taxis which are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Drivers hang about street corners, but it’s better to organize through the hotel. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali, and renting one in Kuta is madness. Motorbikes are easy to rent and useful for getting around the backstreets of Kuta/Legian, but not so elsewhere in southern Bali.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach another town outside of southern Bali, e.g. Ubud, buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. The main operator, Perama, offers many services from its office on Jalan Legian street in Kuta, 1.5 km away.
Best Western Kuta Beach – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
- Komala Indah II – Long-time fave directly opposite the hotel. Pleasing prices and surprisingly classy meals.
- The Balcony – Tranquil corner position for street views and great grub. Only 200m further along the side street, away from the beach.
- Warung Totemo – Excellent position with 2 levels. Always superb food and ideal for people-watching. Just past The Balcony.
- Rice Paddy Café – Classic street-side location for watching and drinking. Pub food and happy hours. Turn left just past Warung Totemo, and it’s another 150m. One of several along the quiet street.
- Waroeng Tan Poh Bali – Delightful oasis dominated by trees and fountains with Indonesian and western food. Look for the signs past the Rice Paddy Café. 550m from the hotel.
- Minimarts everywhere and other shops in all directions. For a congregated and more varied selection of places to eat, drink, and shop in comfort, stroll down (600m) the beachside road to the world-class Beachwalk Shopping Center.