by Santorini Dave • Updated: March 8, 2019
• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
The 11 Best Budget Hotels in Barcelona
1. Kabul Party Hostel – Budget
Lively hostel on Plaça Reial featuring free breakfast, daily social events, mixed dorms with lockers and shared bathrooms, free linens, and a rooftop terrace. The hostel sits above a nightclub and is just 2 minutes on foot (180m) to Güell Palace and 6 minutes (450m) to Mercado de La Boqueria.
2. Itaca Hostel – Budget
Cozy hostel with dorm rooms, private rooms with en-suite bathrooms, a shared kitchen, lockers, free tea and coffee all day, and a TV lounge. Located a 2-minute walk (190m) from the Cathedral of Barcelona, a 6-minute walk (500m) from Plaça de Catalunya, and an 8-minute walk (650m) from the Picasso Museum in addition to restaurants and nightlife on the surrounding blocks.
3. Safestay Barcelona Sea – Budget
Beachfront hostel with mixed and female-only dorms, air conditioning, organized social events, a shared kitchen, and a restaurant. The hostel is located a 9-minute walk (800m) from the History Museum of Catalonia, 11-minute walk (900m) Barcelona Metro Station, and steps to numerous restaurants and bars.
4. Generator Barcelona – Budget
Upscale hostel located a 8-minute walk (600m) to Vila de Gracia Square, a 15-minute walk (1.3km) to the Sagrada Familia, and steps to a variety of restaurants, bars, and shops. Private rooms with en-suite bathrooms and shared dorms are available, and on-site amenities include a restaurant, a bar, self-service laundry, 24-hour reception, a cozy living room, and free social events.
5. Hostal Oliva – Budget
Centrally located guesthouse on the ritzy Passeig de Gracia just a 3-minute walk (220m) to the Passeig de Gracia Metro Station and a 6-minute walk (450m) to Plaça de Catalunya. All rooms have private bathrooms and desks, and amenities include concierge services, secure parking, and 24-hour reception.
6. Bed and Beach Barcelona Guesthouse – Budget
Charming accommodation with a rooftop terrace and a shared kitchen situated an 8-minute walk (550m) from the beach. Some rooms are apartment-style with full kitchens and living rooms, while some rooms include beds and access to a shared bathroom, and supermarkets and restaurants are within close walking distance.
7. Ibis Barcelona Centro – Budget
Modern budget hotel just a 5-minute walk (400m) to the Sagrada Familia and an 8-minute walk (550m) to the Verdaguer Metro Station. All guest rooms have private bathrooms, some guest rooms have balconies and city views, and hotel amenities include buffet breakfast available for a fee, an on-site bar, and secure parking (fee applies).
8. Hotel Continental Barcelona – Moderate
Historic hotel with a complimentary 24-hour drinks and snacks buffet located a 1-minute walk (110m) from Plaça de Catalunya, an 8-minute walk (600m) from the Palau de la Música Catalana, and a 16-minute walk (1.2km) from the Passeig de Gracia. Rooms feature microwaves and refrigerators, some rooms have balconies, and hotel facilities include a 24-hour front desk, parking (fee applies), and a terrace.
9. Hotel Denit Barcelona – Moderate
Steps to Plaça de Catalunya (170m, 2-minute walk), this modern hotel offers continental breakfast for a fee, 24-hour coffee facilities in the lobby, and a bar. The Palau de la Música Catalana is 4 minutes away on foot (350m), and all rooms feature minimalist white decor, private bathrooms, and desks.
10. Barceló Raval – Moderate
Upscale hotel with a restaurant and rooftop pool a 6-minute walk (450m) to Mercado de La Boqueria and a 12-minute walk (1km) to the waterfront. All of the modern rooms include rain showers and refrigerators, some rooms feature city views, and parking is available for a fee.
11. Chic & Basic Ramblas – Moderate
Funky hotel with a restaurant, bar, vintage decor, and billiards table just a 2-minute walk (170m) to the Drassanes Metro Station and an 8-minute walk (650m) to the waterfront and the ferry terminal. A buffet breakfast and parking are available for a fee, rooms feature modern touches like USB ports, and some rooms have balconies and kitchenettes.
• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for reserving hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when planning a trip). It’s reliable, easy to use, and consistently has the best rates. All links to Booking from my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using my links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
- Barcelona Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Barcelona
- Best Hotels in Barcelona for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
- Best Barcelona Airport Hotels
- Where to Stay in Barcelona
- The Best Time to Visit Barcelona
- The Best Restaurants in Barcelona
- The Best Things To Do in Barcelona
- We Ask: What is the best hotel in Barcelona?