Home > Istanbul Family Hotels
Updated: November 24, 2018
• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
The 7 Best Hotels for Families in Istanbul
1. The Four Seasons at the Bosphorus (luxury)
Two kid-friendly pools (one outdoor with great views, one indoor). Spa and fitness center are top-notch. Restaurants, staff, and hotel vibe are very family friendly. Rooms are large. One and two-bedroom suites even bigger. Big plus: almost feels like a resort. But: not a very central location for seeing the sites, so plan on taking taxis a fair bit.
2. Grand Hyatt Istanbul (luxury)
Great outdoor pool and central location near Taksim Square. Suites are large. Hotel has tennis courts, sauna, fitness center, spa.
3. The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul (luxury)
Large indoor pool makes it perfect for winter (outside pool is much smaller and situated on a beautiful terrace). The spa is pure luxury. Suites are large. Close to Taksim Square and tram line.
4. Sumengen Hotel (moderate)
Large triple and family rooms. In the heart of the Old City and close to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. The best hotel for families staying in the Sultanahmet. Good buffet breakfast. Friendly staff.
5. Best Western President Hotel (moderate)
Great location near the Grand Bazaar and tram. Perfect for a family of 3 (if more be sure go get connecting rooms). Small pool that is good for a refreshing plunge but not serious swimming.
6. Sultanahmet Suites (moderate)
Suites are large and have fully-equipped kitchen. Great location in quieter residential area but still close to sites like Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, and Grand Bazaar. Great bakery right next door. Free wi-fi.
7. Prestige Hotel Istanbul (budget)
Good value hotel. Very spacious triples and family rooms. Small outdoor pool. Turkish Bath just up the street.