Hotels on Map: 1. Hyatt Regency • 2. H Hotel • 3. Sonesta LAX • 4. AC Hotel by Marriott • 5. Cambria Hotel LAX • 6. Renaissance Los Angeles Airport • 7. Westin Los Angeles Airport • 8. DoubleTree by Hilton • 9. Hampton Inn & Suites El Segundo
LAX – Best Places To Stay
- Staying close to LAX is convenient for a layover or one night stay in Los Angeles but it’s certainly not one of my favorite areas to stay in L.A..
- Many of the hotels on West Century Blvd (directly east from LAX) are walking distance from the airport (though they all offer shuttle service). The hotels in El Segundo (south of interstate 105) are a little farther, slightly quieter, but definitely not walking distance. This area has more restaurants and shopping, and feels more like a real neighborhood.
- Hotels in LAX: There are no hotels located in the LAX terminals. The closest hotel to LAX is the Hyatt Regency.
- LAX Hotels with Free Shuttle: Hyatt Regency, H Hotel, AC Hotel by Marriott, Cambria Hotel LAX, Renaissance Los Angeles Airport, Westin Los Angeles Airport, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hampton Inn & Suites LAX El Segundo, Sonesta LAX.
- All hotel shuttles pick up and drop off on the Departures level.
- Rentalcars.com – the best prices and selection for reserving rental cars at LAX airport. I’m not aware of any hotels near LAX that offer free parking.
The 9 Best Hotels near LAX Airport
Great hotel just a block from the airport, with free 24-hour shuttle, valet parking, restaurant, bar, market selling ready-to-eat meals and beverages, outdoor pool, and 24-hour fitness and business centers. The stylish rooms feature comfortable beds, soundproofing, coffee makers with Starbucks coffee, laptop-sized safes, and modern bathrooms. If you don’t have much luggage the hotel is an easy walk from all LAX terminals.
2. H Hotel
Contemporary hotel with a unique robot butler for room service, free 24-hour shuttle, on-site parking (fee), rooftop deck with airport views, 24-hour full-service business center, 24-hour well-equipped fitness center, outdoor pool, 24-hour market selling readymade meals, restaurant and bar, Subway outlet, coffee shop, and comfortable rooms and suites with Nespresso machines. It’s a pleasant 15-minute walk (almost directly north) to In-N-Out Burger from H Hotel (and the Hyatt Regency).
3. Sonesta LAX
Good affordable hotel super-close to LAX. Complementary shuttle, heated outdoor pool, and pet-friendly. Rooms available for families of four and five. Park and fly options available.
Good, pet-friendly hotel with an European-inspired theme, valet parking, complimentary 2-way Uber/Lyft airport transfers, rooftop restaurant and bar, free breakfast, beautiful lounge with indoor and outdoor seating, fitness and business centers, and comfortable, family-friendly rooms with coffee makers and modern bathrooms.
Chic, pet-friendly hotel featuring modern, tech-savvy rooms with amenities like Smart TVs and mirrors with Bluetooth speakers, a virtual concierge, a bar and lounge with outdoor seating and a fire pit next to a pool with poolside canopies, a 24-hour fitness center, a convenience store, paid on-site parking, and an airport shuttle.
Newly remodeled hotel with a free 24/7 airport shuttle, valet parking, restaurant and sports bar with craft beer on tap and live music, rooftop pool, fitness center, and a full-service business center. Comfortable rooms come with king-sized beds, coffee makers, mini-refrigerators, and bathrooms with shower-tub combos.
Large pet-friendly hotel with a free airport shuttle, valet parking, restaurant, lounge-bar, cafe, surf concierge, heated outdoor pool, jacuzzi, in-room spa services, fitness center, and a 24-hour business center. The spacious rooms feature king beds, coffee makers, complimentary bottled water, bathrooms with shower-tub combos, and 24-hour room service.
Good option close to the airport offering comfortable rooms with coffee machines and room service, a 24-hour fitness center, outdoor pool, business center, restaurant and bar with happy hour, on-site parking (fee), and airport shuttle.
Great cheap/midrange option near the airport with a 24-hour airport shuttle, free breakfast, indoor pool, fitness center, business center, lounge serving small plates and drinks, and convenience store. The pet and family-friendly rooms come with mini refrigerators and coffee machines; suites have microwaves as well.
LAX Shuttle to Hotels