SD › Miami › Hotels for Families
Updated: January 31, 2023
Our Favorite Miami Hotels
• For Families South Beach: Loews
• For Families Downtown: Four Seaons
• Hotel Pool: Biltmore
• Best Beach: Setai
• Best Water Park: JW Marriott
The 7 Best Hotels for Families in Miami
1. Loews Miami Beach Hotel (luxury) – Miami Beach
Wonderful kid-friendly hotel located right on South Beach – an easy walk to the area’s attractions. Nice pool area and the beach and boardwalk just beyond a gated entry. There’s a kids club, water activities, and a lively bar off the lobby if parents want to pop down for a drink but still stay close. The location is perfect if you want a bit of everything: the family-friendly (but still cool) restaurants on Lincoln Road are 5 minutes in one direction. The party area of Ocean Drive is 5 minutes in the opposite direction (and easy to avoid if you want to). Most room types sleep a family of 4 or 5.
2. Four Seaons Miami (luxury) – Downtown/Brickell
Awesome location in downtown Miami. Large one-bedroom suites (family of 5) and huge kid-friendly pool. Easy walk to restaurants and shopping.
3. The Setai (luxury) – Miami Beach
Spectacular one, two, and three bedroom suites have great views and fully equipped kitchens. Nice pools, great spa, and beautiful beach.
4. Mutiny Luxury Suites Hotel (luxury) – Coconut Grove
Large one and two bedroom suites with full kitchens. Great outdoor pool. Nice location for walking, shopping, and dining.
5. Cadillac Hotel & Beach Club (midrange) – Miami Beach
The queen room has 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa that sleeps family of 4. One-bedroom king suite sleeps family of 5. Great pool steps from direct beach access.
6. Hampton Inn & Suites (midrange) – Downtown Miami
Free breakfast, queen rooms that comfortably sleep family of 4, a nice pool (not huge but good for a dip), and a great location make the Hampton a good “cheap” family hotel for downtown Miami. Located close to shopping and the port if you’re boarding a cruise.
7. Homewood Suites (cheap/midrange) – Airport West
Large rooms with kitchenettes. Nice outdoor pool with adjacent basketball hoop. Free shuttle to airport and malls. Very close to Miami International Airport and 10 miles from downtown Miami.
- Where to Go in Florida
- Best Beaches in Florida
- Best Tours in Miami
- Where to Stay in Fort Lauderdale
- Best Key West Hotels for Families
- Where to Stay in Key West
- Where to Stay in Orlando
- Where to Stay in Tampa
- Best Orlando Hotels for Families
- Best Naples Hotels for families
- Where to Stay in Palm Beach
Can you swim year-round in Miami? Thinking about a family vacation in winter to Florida and hoping the water is warm enough for our 2 kids (ages 7 and 14) to swim in the ocean. Thanks!
Late December and January are the chilliest months but still will be swimmable for many (especially fearless kids). If the wind picks up that can make getting out a little jarring but just be prepared with the quick dry-off. For guaranteed comfortable swimming March through November are the best months.